PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets on way to implosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you grade his play this season?

Here's basically how I would grade his play. I'd give him a C+. Like any young player, you can see his improvement. He’s shown a lot of poise this year in big games, games at the end when he’s had to drive the team or make plays at the end of the game for them to win, and he and his teammates have made them. He’s done a good job of managing games, making big plays when he has to. He’s taken care of the ball better this year. He’s improved in all areas.

Watch the 27 second mark here YouTube - jets trip dolphin

They have 6 men here to get in the way. You can see Rex 6 feet away and slightly behind. Is he looking at the ball which was kicked to the other end of the field? No he is watching his guys about to take out the Miami –player out of bounds.

see attached image

Nolan Carroll was a pain in the neck for Sanchez all day. I wouldn't put it past the Jets to try to "take him out". That said, you should get together with Jesse Ventura and crack this conspiracy. ;)

Nolan Carroll was a pain in the neck for Sanchez all day. I wouldn't put it past the Jets to try to "take him out". That said, you should get together with Jesse Ventura and crack this conspiracy. ;)

Kontra, it's right there in living color.

Rex is 5 feet away and to the BACK of the gauntlet (where in the NFL do you a HC allowing anyone to stand in front of him to block his line of sight to the playing field?).

In the video and the still he is looking directly at Nolan Carroll - - not the play on the field.

After the play, he stands directly over Carroll as he writhes on the ground (left margin of the video screen)

After the game, when the press asks him about it, he falsely claims he didn't see it at all and that he was watching the punt.

Those are facts.

Rex is 5 feet away and to the BACK of the gauntlet (where in the NFL do you a HC allowing anyone to stand in front of him to block his line of sight to the playing field?).

In the video and the still he is looking directly at Nolan Carroll - - not the play on the field.

After the play, he stands directly over Carroll as he writhes on the ground (left margin of the video screen)

After the game, when the press asks him about it, he falsely claims he didn't see it at all and that he was watching the punt.

Those are facts.

'Twas a joke.

Those are facts.

Enough with this foolishness already Shmessy.

For the 100th time. IT'S NOT CHEATING IF THE JETS DO IT.

For the Patriots, it's a first rounder.... But this is not the Patriots we're talking about.

Here's basically how I would grade his play. I'd give him a C+. Like any young player, you can see his improvement. He’s shown a lot of poise this year in big games, games at the end when he’s had to drive the team or make plays at the end of the game for them to win, and he and his teammates have made them. He’s done a good job of managing games, making big plays when he has to. He’s taken care of the ball better this year. He’s improved in all areas.
Wow. Ranked in the bottom 5 in almost every category gets you a C+???
What BIG GAMES has he shown poise in?
After the Baltimore game every analyst in America was saying he was a mess.
He was shut out by GB.
He was awful in the big game against us 2 weeks ago, and just as awful in the big game last week that was supposed to get them back on track after the big game failure against us.
I think you need to look closer into the end of games. In a few of those cases his play let the other team back in (there was no comeback needed vs Houston if he didnt throw a pick 6 first) and others had little to do with him (the Denver Int on an uncatchable 4th down desperation heave, Holmes run after catch vs Cleveland) Sure he was part of them coming back, but you are overlooking he was part of why they were trailing vs bad teams and you are giving him way too much of the credit.
What does it mean that he has done a good job of managing games?
That sounds like code for his team won and he didnt have much to do with it. What exactly is he doing to MANAGE GAMES? He isnt calling plays. He spiked a ball with 1 1/2 minutes left last week and his coach said he should never do that. What are the examples of what he is doing better than other QBs in game management?
On any realistic scale the guy in the bottom 5 in most areas would get an F, or a D- if you are a lenient grader. It would seem that you are basing his grade more on what his teammates have done to win in spite of him that his own play.

I thought so too after his first 4 games, when he threw 8 TDs and 0 INTs.

But over the last 9 games, do you realize he's thrown 8 TDs and 12 INTs with a 64.7 QB rating? That's only a touch above his 63.0 rating as a rookie. His completion percentage is actually lower on the season than last year. And during this 9-game stretch, he's only played 3 winning teams, including the Dolphins who are only above .500 because they beat the Jets last week.

He looked a lot better at the start of the season, but he's seriously regressing. He's made some drives against really bad teams. As for taking better care of the ball, he's thrown 12 INTs in the past 9 games, plus lost 5 fumbles.

Yes, that is an improvement over 2009, but 2009 he was atrocious with protecting the ball. He turned the ball over 28 times in 15 games, and he's been on roughly the same pace after the first month of this season.

Yes, that is an improvement over 2009, but 2009 he was atrocious with protecting the ball. He turned the ball over 28 times in 15 games, and he's been on roughly the same pace after the first month of this season.
Wait until Sanchez faces the Steelers and Bears defenses. Those turnovers will increase dramatically since the Steelers and Bears defenses are amongst the best in the league shutting down the opposition's running game.

On any realistic scale the guy in the bottom 5 in most areas would get an F, or a D- if you are a lenient grader. It would seem that you are basing his grade more on what his teammates have done to win in spite of him that his own play.
What else do you want from a Jets Fan? TomPatriot is a delusional Jester! Sanchez sucks! F+ at best.

Wait until Sanchez faces the Steelers and Bears defenses. Those turnovers will increase dramatically since the Steelers and Bears defenses are amongst the best in the league shutting down the opposition's running game.

No kidding. He's averaged almost 2 turnovers a game against a really weak schedule. And both teams will need the game to potentially get a bye-week so it could get ugly if Sanchez keeps this up.

No kidding. He's averaged almost 2 turnovers a game against a really weak schedule. And both teams will need the game to potentially get a bye-week so it could get ugly if Sanchez keeps this up.
In addition, Woody was placed on injured reserve and Slauson sucks! I hope Jets fans are ready to man the lifeboats because the Titanic is going down!

In addition, Woody was placed on injured reserve and Slauson sucks! I hope Jets fans are ready to man the lifeboats because the Titanic is going down!

Oh yeah, good point. Totally forgot about the injury to Woody.

Man, this is going to be great :D

they're going to lose at pittsburgh and chicago. sorry but they won't win those games. off chance maybe they squeak one out in chi town, but they'll most likely be playing for the six seed against buffalo.

Woody was a liability, and the Jets were going to cut him loose after this season. Just like Faneca, his loss would be a good thing. Slauson has been awesome. /Jets homers

Wow. Ranked in the bottom 5 in almost every category gets you a C+???
What BIG GAMES has he shown poise in?
After the Baltimore game every analyst in America was saying he was a mess.
He was shut out by GB.
He was awful in the big game against us 2 weeks ago, and just as awful in the big game last week that was supposed to get them back on track after the big game failure against us.
I think you need to look closer into the end of games. In a few of those cases his play let the other team back in (there was no comeback needed vs Houston if he didnt throw a pick 6 first) and others had little to do with him (the Denver Int on an uncatchable 4th down desperation heave, Holmes run after catch vs Cleveland) Sure he was part of them coming back, but you are overlooking he was part of why they were trailing vs bad teams and you are giving him way too much of the credit.
What does it mean that he has done a good job of managing games?
That sounds like code for his team won and he didnt have much to do with it. What exactly is he doing to MANAGE GAMES? He isnt calling plays. He spiked a ball with 1 1/2 minutes left last week and his coach said he should never do that. What are the examples of what he is doing better than other QBs in game management?

Ask Bill Belichick. Every word after the sentence giving Sanchez a C+ grade is his.

I gave him a C+ because I don't think he's gotten much help from his teammates on offense (specifically his WRs), plus he's inexperienced and it shows. The grade would be lower if I based it solely on stats, but I think football tats, in their current state of development, are overrated, unlike baseball where they have greater utility.

FWIW, he did a pretty good job of managing late 4Q drives against Houston, Cleveland and Detroit. He did a lot to help win those games. As for poor plays before those drives, you can say that about virtually any NFL QB, including Peyton Manning, Michael Vick and others who have been in the league a lot longer. A big part of the game is bouncing back from bad plays.

BTW, Houston is not a bad team and Cleveland whipped the Pats. Detroit just beat Green Bay. As they say, on any given Sunday . . . .

He did not play well the last two weeks. But that's pretty much true of the entire Jets offense.

The Pats game was an advanced lesson for him. If he didn't study the offensive film until he couldn't see anymore, then he's a fool because the schemes run were complex and highly educational. We'll see how his career unfolds, but it is too early to write him off.

BTW, you were right that there was more than 1 sure INT dropped. The NYDailyNews said there were 3, but they also reported that the receivers dropped 7 balls against Miami.

wheels-off-the-bus2010.jpg

Ask Bill Belichick. Every word after the sentence giving Sanchez a C+ grade is his.

I gave him a C+ because I don't think he's gotten much help from his teammates on offense (specifically his WRs), plus he's inexperienced and it shows. The grade would be lower if I based it solely on stats, but I think football tats, in their current state of development, are overrated, unlike baseball where they have greater utility.

FWIW, he did a pretty good job of managing late 4Q drives against Houston, Cleveland and Detroit. He did a lot to help win those games. As for poor plays before those drives, you can say that about virtually any NFL QB, including Peyton Manning, Michael Vick and others who have been in the league a lot longer. A big part of the game is bouncing back from bad plays.

BTW, Houston is not a bad team and Cleveland whipped the Pats. Detroit just beat Green Bay. As they say, on any given Sunday . . . .

He did not play well the last two weeks. But that's pretty much true of the entire Jets offense.

The Pats game was an advanced lesson for him. If he didn't study the offensive film until he couldn't see anymore, then he's a fool because the schemes run were complex and highly educational. We'll see how his career unfolds, but it is too early to write him off.

BTW, you were right that there was more than 1 sure INT dropped. The NYDailyNews said there were 3, but they also reported that the receivers dropped 7 balls against Miami.

1.) You now concede 3 sure INTs.

2.) You use Belichick, who doesn't denigrate any opposing players except Freddie Mitchell, as if it means something.

3.) You point to games where Sanchez screw ups were the reason he needed to bail himself out and act as if he played well.

Sanchez sucks, and it's not just about the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
they're going to lose at pittsburgh and chicago. sorry but they won't win those games. off chance maybe they squeak one out in chi town, but they'll most likely be playing for the six seed against buffalo.

Note that it is likely that the Bears will have wrapped up their division title this week (win at Minn with Packers losing to Patriots) and so the Bears would only be playing for seeding at that point.

If C+ is where Sanchez is, then average must be A- because Sanchez is proving to be a train wreck.

He lacks any consistency in leading the offense and has been consistently awful when the conditions get bad. Expect bad conditions the next 3 games for the NY Jets.

The Jets, with an excellent running game and a top-rated defense last year eked out a 9-7 wild-card spot because their passing game stunk (12 TDs and 20 ints). That is all on Sanchez.

This year, the Jets are likely looking at 10-6 after getting all the breaks against 4 lowly opponents. Sanchez looked a lot better at the start of the year - and then coaches adjusted based on the film and the conditions worsened.

He has the receivers. He has some balance on offense. Why haven't the Jets been able to score a TD in the past 9 quarters? Well, a number of reasons (like a dropped TD pass :D), but Sanchez' play leads the way. He hasn't been reading the field particularly well recently and struggles with progressions. He's not accurate enough and is definitely not a team leader although he plays the position where team leadership is a requirement.

Time well tell, but the visual evidence as well as the stats all say the same thing - Sanchez is a currently a mediocre (at best) QB. His own coach benched him last year and thought about benching him the last game. How in the world is that a C+?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore