PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Fined 100K for tripping incident - [Update: Jets appealing fine]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets Fined 100K for tripping incident....

for the last couple of weeks I have been going on the gang green forum, just for laughs. You should read Part 2 of the Game Day thread from the most recent Pats-Jets game. Its funny on one level and very disturbing on another. Funny in that it is clear many Jets fans have turned on the Fat Boy already and his act is already old for them. Disturbing because, as the game goes on, a large number of them wanted to see Brady hurt, BB die, refs have their skulls crushed, etc, etc,...I mean, some really sick, twisted stuff. What really got me was at one point some idiot used the "N" word against the announcer Mike Tirico, and was imediately banned...meanwhile, within about 20 posts someone wanted Brady killed and Giselle raped...and no one said a word in protest.
Sorry, this post was a bit off topic....

That says alot about who runs that site.

Well Goodell just lowered the fine on Merriwether. If he wants to show how much he overreacted in punishing the Pats in Spygate then he can cut their fines, give them an extra 1st round pick this year and issue a statement that in retrospect the penalty was too severe and he now is making it more in line with the offense and subsequent penalties given to other teams for similar offenses. If he wants, he can take the Pats' own 3rd round pick as that would have been much more reasonable in the first place. That is much more equitable.

or,in THIS specific case, since there has been such acrimony built up, and since he WAS originally a Jets employee before he became commissioner, he could elect to turn the entire matter over to an independent arbitrator, thus giving the appearance of complete legitimacy to any decision. It should be very easy, it's been done countless times among all the major sports before...what possible downside could he envision that would keep him from electing to do this?
Getting a truly impartial decision would end any/all feedback from the Pats and their fans, would give added weight to his previous decision, if upheld by an independent arbitrage...what is he so afraid of?

Last edited:

That says alot about who runs that site.

According to the sigs, one of the people on that game day thread was the founder of the forum, I cant recall whether he was still logged on during the worst of the posts, but clearly a mod or someone with banning authority was, since the one guy was banned immediately.

Gangrene is the home board of Sg3.

this is the same SG3 known on boards all over the net as the insane person who's called for the fiery deaths of all Patriots in plane crashes,the personal deaths of TB and BB by all manner of horrific means and the arrest of Bob Kraft for numerous "alleged" crimes.The fact that other members of that forum openly agree with him and add their own grisly thoughts on wreaking mayhem in a personal manner tells one all they need to know about the mindset of Joe Jet Fan.

or,in THIS specific case, since there has been such acrimony built up, and since he WAS originally a Jets employee before he became commissioner, he could elect to turn the entire matter over to an independent arbitrator, thus giving the appearance of complete legitimacy to any decision. It should be very easy, it's been done countless times among all the major sports before...what possible downside could he envision that would keep him from electing to do this?
Getting a truly impartial decision would end any/all feedback from the Pats and their fans, would give added weight to his previous decision, if upheld by an independent arbitrage...what is he so afraid of?

Too bad that he destroyed the tapes though. Maybe Fox News still has a copy.

WTF, no draft pick?!

Jetdell comes through again for his Team. No draft pick loss, is a slap on the wrist. It is a total Green & Whitewash!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did anyone catch what Casserly just reported on the pregame show? This whole Alosi sideline business hasn't just been going on this season but for 2. Goodell didn't for some reason chose not tell anyone that and only fines the Jets $100k for that, the trip, and breaking the don't throw dirt on other teams rule.

But if a defender makes helmet to helmet contact they're looking at a 50k-75k fine!:bricks:

According to Rod Boone and retweeted by SMY, Westhoff says the Jests are appealing the fine. Watch it get reduced.

Mike Westhoff said #Jets are appealing the $100,000 fine handed down by #NFL for the Sal Alosi tripping incident and for Westhoff's comments

According to Rod Boone and retweeted by SMY, Westhoff says the Jests are appealing the fine. Watch it get reduced.

Mike Westhoff said #Jets are appealing the $100,000 fine handed down by #NFL for the Sal Alosi tripping incident and for Westhoff's comments
It's funny, if I have my timeline correct there was (a) Alosi's trip with his knee, (b) Westhoff's deflection of blame (i.e., Pats do it too), (c) Ryan's foot fetish videos go public. It was only at that point - not previously - that Jets owner Woody Johnson felt compelled to apologize both publicly and privately to both Kraft and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.

And now that Alosi's knee is no longer part of the news and public discussion the Jets want to appeal the fine? What does that say? That they agree with Westhoff? That they didn't think what Alosi did was that bad? That those apologies were phony and were simply meant to appease the media and the public?

Also, I completely agree with Joker regarding Goodell and anything to do with the Jets. Why the rest of the NFL owners allow him to rule on decisions involving the Jets rather than stepping aside and letting others decide what to do on cases involving them is ridiculous. For a guy who is so hellbent on 'integrity of the game' but does not remove himself from decisions on his favorite team and former employer is the height of hypocrisy.

If there was ever a situation where an appeal should actually result in a harsher penalty, this is it.

Jets appealing "Tripgate" fine

Apparently, they aren't ready to cut the league a $100K check.

LINK

The Jets should appeal, and then refuse to cooperate with the league office, a la Lord Favre, and then the fine will be reduced to 50k right off the bat.

The league and Goodell are a joke the way they approached trip-gate and Farve-gate, and the fines they handed out. the jets should be running to the league office to pay that fine and get the thing swept under goodell's rug. Or up his ass, wherever he prefers such things go.

Last edited:
Re: Jets appealing "Tripgate" fine

Apparently, they aren't ready to cut the league a $100K check.

LINK

I am more convinced than ever that the Jets are run by morons. $100k is a drop in the bucket to the franchise. Why bring this topic back to the media's attention in a playoff week and create a potential distraction to the team from preparation for the Colts.

Thanks the lord we as Pats fans root for such a well run organization.

I hate the Jets more everyday. They may have finally overtaken Al Davis and the Raiders as my most hated team.

This Westhoff character is certifiably off his rocker.

First, he says this whole situation needs to be put behind the team and he is sick of it being in the news. In the same moment, he runs to the media yesterday to announce that the Jets are appealing the fine.

I cannot believe the Pats actually lost to these buffoons in week 2.

Last edited:
This Westhoff character is certifiably off his rocker.

First, he says this whole situation needs to be put behind the team and he is sick of it being in the news. In the same moment, he runs to the media yesterday to announce that the Jets are appealing the fine.

I cannot believe the Pats actually lost to these buffoons in week 2.

I guess sometimes even buffoons have moments of clarity.

[/B]

I guess sometimes even buffoons have moments of clarity.

Most internet forum boards are proof of this statement.

Present company excluded, of couse. :D

Last edited:

I am more convinced than ever that the Jets are run by morons. $100k is a drop in the bucket to the franchise. Why bring this topic back to the media's attention in a playoff week and create a potential distraction to the team from preparation for the Colts.

I hate the Jets more everyday. They may have finally overtaken Al Davis and the Raiders as my most hated team.

Yeah, what he said. :D

Personally I think they did it precisely because they WANT media attention so when they lose this weekend they can blame the distraction.

Too bad the league does not have some sort of hard evidence like a Video or Still pictures of the tripping incident.......Oh wait.

Idiots.

Sal Alosi will basically be paying 1/4 of the fine anyway. So the Jets are really only out $75k. Apparently, the Jets are upset that there is no controversy this week so they need to manufacture one.

Too bad the league does not have some sort of hard evidence like a Video or Still pictures of the tripping incident.......Oh wait.

Idiots.

What's TRULY amazing is that they STILL don't see on the video the large man in the green vest and white sleeves wearing a green hat who is standing 5 feet to the side and IN BACK of the gauntlet. This same gentleman has repeatedly told the league that he had no knowledge of any gauntlet being formed that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back