Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting read:

Cowboys' Jerry Jones Says Bill Belichick Approached Him About a Job in the '90s

I'm sure the Cowboys weren't the only club he approached looking for a job, but it's ironic given that the Patriots have more than eclipsed that era where Dallas was dominant.

Talk about a potential missed opportunity for them, due to bad timing. Although it's funny, hard not to wonder if Belichick would have had the same success working under Jones given his history of meddling - may not have turned out the same way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He would have resigned on a napkin after a day under him

Would have never worked long term.

Although it's funny, hard not to wonder if Belichick would have had the same success working under Jones given his history of meddling - may not have turned out the same way. :rolleyes:

I don't wonder about it at all. Belichick & Jones would have been a historic pairing. We're talking potentially epic, think Titanic & Berg, Hindenburg & Mooring, Taylor & Burton, Shanahan & Davis

Not a chance.
Kraft, unlike Jones, seemed to learn after losing Parcells and handled things differently when Belichick was hired. Jones didn't seem to ever learn that lesson after ruining things with Jimmy Johnson and he's been seemingly paying for it ever since.

Kraft, unlike Jones, seemed to learn after losing Parcells and handled things differently when Belichick was hired. Jones didn't seem to ever learn that lesson after ruining things with Jimmy Johnson and he's been seemingly paying for it ever since.
Agreed. I read your thread title and the first thing I thought was, "Ha! I wonder which one of them regrets not making the offer now!" But I agree that things would not have worked with BB and Jerrah.

My Cowboys buddy says Stephen Jones is really the one making the day-to-day decisions but the ole' man's ego needs his name to be on everything.

I may be in the minority, but I think it would have worked out....but I agree that the "GM" part would have been a HUGE factor....

One thing that could be said in Jones’ favor is that he never would have bent over once, let alone twice, when Belichick’s teams got the hammer from Goondell.

It's obvious that Jerry Jones doesn't know what a real coach looks like.

I think It would have not worked as in Foxboro...Jerry Jones looks at my eyes like a total owner, a powerfull men with decisions under his personal controll and probably not a men that want split duties and responsibilities that he personally wants controll...

I was living in Dallas during their dominance and the firing of Jimmy Johnson. There is no way BB doesn't leave.
Would have never worked long term.
I lived in Dallas during their dominance and the firing of Jimmy Johnson. No way BB stays for long under J.J.

It's obvious that Jerry Jones doesn't know what a real coach looks like.
Truth is he had two of them in Jimmy and Tuna and chased them both out to the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST