PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick ‘Still Pissed’ About Mac Jones Going ‘Outside the Building’ For Help in 2022

Mac Jones does not deserve to be named the QB.

If he is still here on opening day its win or GTFO.

Not surprised in the slightest that Belichick is shopping Mac Jones.

I have for some time expected Bailey Zappe to be the starting QB of your 2023-2024 New England Patriots. Offense was humming on all cylinders the two games he started. I truly believe not starting Zappe against the Bears was the worst error of Belichick’s career- and I’m the biggest Belichick homer in here; I think that move and committing to Jones ended up costing us the season.

With that said, I do think there’s still a small chance they go after Lamar Jackson if the price goes down.

With that being said, I am willing to guarantee there is ZERO chance Mac Jones is starting game 1 for the Patriots. Guaranteed.

My final straw with Mac Jones was seeing him BAWLING after his ankle injury- especially in light of Mahommes playing and winning a Super Bowl with the same injury. I work at one of the busiest trauma centers in America, and I can’t say I’ve ever seen a grown man cry the way Mac did- even with FAR worse injuries.
I've seen many, many football players cry as they were being carted off the field with an injury.

The offensive problems last year were not because of the players, it was because of the idiotic offensive coaching. That's as obvious as it could be when you look at all the comments that came from the players

It's very easy to believe that Bill was shopping Jones around this off-season. Showing players who the bosses are seems to be more important to Bill than paying and keeping top players.

When the specific teams that Bill was shopping Jones around to are named then it gives the story more credibility. The fact that those NYFL teams are denying it doesn't make it untrue.

I've seen many, many football players cry as they were being carted off the field with an injury.

The offensive problems last year were not because of the players, it was because of the idiotic offensive coaching. That's as obvious as it could be when you look at all the comments that came from the players

It's very easy to believe that Bill was shopping Jones around this off-season. Showing players who the bosses are seems to be more important to Bill than paying and keeping top players.

When the specific teams that Bill was shopping Jones around to are named then it gives the story more credibility. The fact that those NYFL teams are denying it doesn't make it untrue.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

BB might not believe he can win meaningful football games with a QB who second guesses him and then goes behind his back to other team’s coaches about it.
I find this take fascinating. When Bill goes to get advice from an outside source he's praised for leaving no stone unturned. When a player does it he's going behind the coaches back. Btw, the coaching on offense NEEDED to be second guessed. That was obvious to anyone with even the slightest bit of football knowledge.

That's it then. None of the owners would lie. They seem like an honest group. Now that I think of it, their leader even has the word INTEGRITY stenciled all over his NY office and we all know that it's the players and writers who can't be trusted.

Or maybe T Curran's report is complete BS? Latest sighting (Callahan) is that Mac was at Gillette all day today. Sound like someone in a fight and getting traded?
I have questions.

1) Wasn't it Florio who reported the trade talk?

2) Isn't it possible that Bill did make some calls about Jones and the word got out, maybe to Jones' agent?

3) What's the big deal anyway?

I have questions.

1) Wasn't it Florio who reported the trade talk?

2) Isn't it possible that Bill did make some calls about Jones and the word got out, maybe to Jones' agent?

3) What's the big deal anyway?

1) Yes, following T Curran breaking news.
2) Yes, but I do not buy it unless BB wants to go with Zappe. Doubtful BB would hire BOB and BOB would take the job and both would move on from Mac like that. But it is possible. Almost anything is possible. It looked like Stidham would start and then we signed Cam.
3) I think the team's QB is important and fans react.

2) Yes, but I do not buy it unless BB wants to go with Zappe. Doubtful BB would hire BOB and BOB would take the job and both would move on from Mac like that. But it is possible. Almost anything is possible. It looked like Stidham would start and then we signed Cam.
3 is 100 percent spot on
2 let me remind again what Bill said about Bailey

Bailey made a lot of good decisions,” the Patriots head coach said during his postgame press conference. “Was accurate with the ball. Thought he showed some poise there in some pressure situations where he got out of it and found an open receiver, made good decisions.”
Belichick went on to pinpoint a specific trait Zappe possesses that will help him in his development.
“He does a good job of seeing the game and can come off and identify and articulate what he saw, what happened — and that’s usually right,” Belichick said. “What he saw is usually what I saw or, maybe, when you look at the film, maybe there’s something that’s a little gray in there, his explanation is actually good. It was the way he saw it. Maybe he might not have done the right thing, but he saw the game.

Bill can work with someone who sees the game that way.

What has Bill said about Macs field awareness?
This is reminiscent of how he spoke about Tom’s awareness in a way.

3 is 100 percent spot on

Bailey made a lot of good decisions,” the Patriots head coach said during his postgame press conference. “Was accurate with the ball. Thought he showed some poise there in some pressure situations where he got out of it and found an open receiver, made good decisions.”
Belichick went on to pinpoint a specific trait Zappe possesses that will help him in his development.
“He does a good job of seeing the game and can come off and identify and articulate what he saw, what happened — and that’s usually right,” Belichick said. “What he saw is usually what I saw or, maybe, when you look at the film, maybe there’s something that’s a little gray in there, his explanation is actually good. It was the way he saw it. Maybe he might not have done the right thing, but he saw the game.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Zappe might be a good NFL QB.

3 is 100 percent spot on

I've never been on the Zappe train, but maybe I should have paid a little more attention to this specific quote because it's almost verbatim what Bill has described multiple times in the past as Tom Brady's best attribute: his ability to see the field and how coming off it Bill would watch the film and see the play happen precisly as he described it in real time.

From the sound of it, Belichick seems to be unable to accept he screwed up royally and would rather blame others for his mistake.

Belichick is really getting exposed without Brady. If you're being honest, with all that's coming to light, with the substandard results of the team despite the huge FA spending spree, the 1st round quarterback, and Belichick having the unfettered autonomy to do whatever he wants with the team, it's mostly gone very poorly. Deservingly a lot of skepticism about Belichick has been building among the media, fans, players, coaches, and ownership. The chickens have come home to roost.

Belichick is really getting exposed without Brady. If you're being honest, with all that's coming to light, with the substandard results of the team despite the huge FA spending spree, the 1st round quarterback, and Belichick having the unfettered autonomy to do whatever he wants with the team, it's mostly gone very poorly. Deservingly a lot of skepticism about Belichick has been building among the media, fans, players, coaches, and ownership. The chickens have come home to roost.

I don’t think Belichick is exposed. He is still the greatest head coach in history. The problem now is that he seems to be more going through the motions to get Shula’s record than being all in.

What I don't understand is that if Mac talked to someone at Alabama about his problems with the 2022 Patriots offense, wouldn't BOB have known? And if BOB did know, wouldn't he have discussed the Mac situation with BB before coming on board as offensive coordinator? I find it difficult to believe that BOB would sign on if he were aware that Mac could be traded and the QB situation become very unstable. But maybe he loves Zappe.
Or maybe BOB isn’t sold that Mac is the second coming of TB12? Remember, he knows him, and that means knows his flaws as well as his strengths. And maybe he considers Mac going behind BB’s back a flaw that he’s discussed with BB before coming on board here.

Belichick ‘Still Pissed’ About Mac Jones Going ‘Outside the Building’ For Help in 2022
NEWS FLASH: Fans are still pissed that Bill hired two unqualified guys to run the offense, which led to Jones looking for answers. Cause and effect and as Bill said he's ultimately responsible.
If he's still "pissed", I think he needs to look in the mirror and read the definition of hubris out loud.

I don’t think Belichick is exposed. He is still the greatest head coach in history. The problem now is that he seems to be more going through the motions to get Shula’s record than being all in.
He's not going to make to Shula's record (at least from the Patriots sideline) with 3rd or 4th place teams. The cracks are widening in the IBWT foundation.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

BB might not believe he can win meaningful football games with a QB who second guesses him and then goes behind his back to other team’s coaches about it.
I find this take fascinating. When Bill goes to get advice from an outside source he's praised for leaving no stone unturned. When a player does it he's going behind the coaches back. Btw, the coaching on offense NEEDED to be second guessed. That was obvious to anyone with even the slightest bit of football knowledge.
not just in football, respect for chain of command and insubordination is a serious building block for organizational integrity. I’m very surprised you don’t get that.

If I have a problem with my boss my first step always should be to address it directly with him/her. Not to ***** to co-workers, call my last boss (especially if I know he’s friends with my first boss), or go over my boss’s head to his boss without first talking to my boss. If you have a problem with your boss and do any or all of what I described without first trying to resolve it directly you’ve just created a second, more serious problem. Especially if part of your job is to be a leader within your workgroup.

none of that has anything to do with networking with friends and peers.

1) Thanks. I thought it was Florio who "broke" the story.
2) I buy it if Bill wants to move on from Jones and Zappe. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the other QB he wants isn't Jackson.
3) It seems like the fans are split on the QB position anyway.

not just in football, respect for chain of command and insubordination is a serious building block for organizational integrity. I’m very surprised you don’t get that.

If I have a problem with my boss my first step always should be to address it directly with him/her. Not to ***** to co-workers, call my last boss (especially if I know he’s friends with my first boss), or go over my boss’s head to his boss without first talking to my boss. If you have a problem with your boss and do any or all of what I described without first trying to resolve it directly you’ve just created a second, more serious problem. Especially if part of your job is to be a leader within your workgroup.

none of that has anything to do with networking with friends and peers.
Maybe he did talk to BB, Patricia and Judge about it and was told to do as he was told. We don't know. We may never know.

Journalism is a pretty tough career.

Unless you're in Boston and write about sports. All you need to know is how to stir ****.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back