PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick ‘Still Pissed’ About Mac Jones Going ‘Outside the Building’ For Help in 2022

So you think Belichick takes full responsibility for the offensive disaster last year because ultimately he is absolutely the most responsible for the disaster. Not Patrica. Not Jones. Not Judge. And people inside the building know it.
The buck stops with him and he knows that, yes. There's plenty of blame pie to go around and he gets the biggest slice.

But it looks like the only people who have taken a hit for it are Patricia and Jones. If Belichick trades Jones, it is clear he is passing the buck.
He's not trading Jones and Kraft isn't firing BB. They've taken steps to solve the problem by hiring BoB.

I don't know what else you want him to do.

Now, if BB was any other coach and set up his 2nd year QB to fail like he did, he would be canned...but he isn't.

But it looks like the only people who have taken a hit for it are Patricia and Jones. If Belichick trades Jones, it is clear he is passing the buck.
Or he doesn’t believe in Mac and Obrein doesn’t believe in Mac or they see a better option.
Whether it’s Zappe, Jackson or A rook they are targeting.

If they want Levis sounds like they would need 3 which is where the Titans are trying to get to leapfrog the Colts.

He's not trading Jones and Kraft isn't firing BB. They've taken steps to solve the problem by hiring BoB.

Now, if BB was any other coach and set up his 2nd year QB to fail like he did, he would be canned...but he isn't.
I have to disagree I believe they will trade Mac if they are targeting, Jackson or AR or a blue chip rookie.

More than likely they draft Max Dugan or Tanner McKee in the middle rounds or Hooker with a trade down in the first.

If it’s a Rook brought in it’s 50,50 whether Mac is on the roster I think Zappe starts the season if they don’t trade for Jackson or AR,

So you think Belichick takes full responsibility for the offensive disaster last year because ultimately he is absolutely the most responsible for the disaster. Not Patrica. Not Jones. Not Judge. And people inside the building know it.

Again, the ONLY reason Belichick wasn’t fired for last year was because of his pedigree. Any other coach in the league other than him and Andy Reid would have been fired.

Yes BB screwed up and takes responsibility. Yes his pedigree both makes this harder to understand and why there is no reason to change coaches.

I have to disagree I believe they will trade Mac if they are targeting, Jackson or AR or a blue chip rookie.

More than likely they draft Max Dugan or Tanner McKee in the middle rounds or Hooker with a trade down in the first.

If it’s a Rook brought in it’s 50,50 whether Mac is on the roster I think Zappe starts the season if they don’t trade for Jackson or AR,
Jackson's not walking through that door. They're not going to mortgage their future on that guy.

Yeah that was pretty bad. Aside from his weak arm, I'm not a fan of him dancing around the field - celebrating like Shooter McGavin and talking trash while being as mediocre as it gets...

And while being dirty sometimes too... And a punk-ass ***** when it comes to reaching the line to gain...

Belichick gave up on 2022, hiring two defensive coaches to run the offense. Belichick allowed the pair to move Wynn to RT. Belichick watched the experiments through camp, the pre-season, and the early season, and did absolutely nothing to try to resolve the situation.
==========
Shame on the quarterback to seek help from SOMEWHERE. Silly Jones. He thought that we had a chance to win games. He was getting no help from his coaching hierarchy: Judge, Patricia, and Belichick.
=============
And apparently Belichick finally brought in coaching help, from ALA. Surely this will help. Naah! Belichick is much too proud for that. Someone ACTUALLY went around Belichick. GONE!!

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick tried to sign Jackson, or used a 2nd rounder for QB to backup Zappe. Too bad for Belichick, because the Ravens will match any offer. And all the other options are gone, having rejecting any overtures from Bill, if any were indeed made.
===========
LET'S BE CLEAR! I have been a homer since 1980. I have been a "Trust The Coach" fan since before Belichick.

But, I'll say it. Belichick has been acting like he wants to go elsewhere since Brady left, and certainly since Josh left. He seems to be begging for Kraft to have a long talk with him.

Welcome to the Dark Side, old friend.

Again, the ONLY reason Belichick wasn’t fired for last year was because of his pedigree. Any other coach in the league other than him and Andy Reid would have been fired.

And Chumley was actually fired from Philthy for basically the same reason...

One difference between the two: having Brady for 17 years.

Any other GM would fire the coach.

Since Belichick is the issue, clearly there is nothing else for HIM to do.

And Kraft is just going to allow this to play out. Perhaps, he can convince Belichick to retire after the season.

We're going to just ignore how there hasn't been a single report or statement this off-season that contradicts the whole "Bill is fed up with Mac Jones" narrative? Everything is fine, Bill trusts him and the media is making this up out of thin air to drive clicks, is that what we're doing? Okay then.

People on here were called chicken littles and idiots for believing the Seth Wickersham article. There couldn’t possibly be tension between Brady and BB…

Pat Kirwin & Jim Miller on Sirius/XM's Moving the Chains, no Haters they, are now talking about this situation... At least 4 teams contacted...

This might not be over just yet.

The strange this is that I believe that if Belichick stepped out of the way, BOB could build a new era of Kraft/NEP football.

Like BOB did in TX? Too funny. A new era? BOB was fired in TX and BB got him a job with Saban and now BOB is back working for BB and Kraft is talking about Mayo as the next HC. And you think BOB will bring in a new era? Really?

Pat Kirwin & Jim Miller on Sirius/XM's Moving the Chains, no Haters they, are now talking about this situation... At least 4 teams contacted...

This might not be over just yet.

The Bucs and Raiders have leaked they never talked about trading for Mac. It is over. Too funny. You are still holding on? You are holding onto a T Curran rumor? We all make mistakes but holding onto T Curran is like believing in Borges. Embarrassing.

The strange this is that I believe that if Belichick stepped out of the way, BOB could build a new era of Kraft/NEP football.

This article puts the Patriots drafts based on value the last 10 years .... 7th
Perhaps you're just tired of Belichick making you go through to many erasers for the '53'

Like BOB did in TX? Too funny. A new era? BOB was fired in TX and BB got him a job with Saban and now BOB is back working for BB and Kraft is talking about Mayo as the next HC. And you think BOB will bring in a new era? Really?
What I don't understand is that if Mac talked to someone at Alabama about his problems with the 2022 Patriots offense, wouldn't BOB have known? And if BOB did know, wouldn't he have discussed the Mac situation with BB before coming on board as offensive coordinator? I find it difficult to believe that BOB would sign on if he were aware that Mac could be traded and the QB situation become very unstable. But maybe he loves Zappe.

What I don't understand is that if Mac talked to someone at Alabama about his problems with the 2022 Patriots offense, wouldn't BOB have known? And if BOB did know, wouldn't he have discussed the Mac situation with BB before coming on board as offensive coordinator? I find it difficult to believe that BOB would sign on if he were aware that Mac could be traded and the QB situation become very unstable. But maybe he loves Zappe.

Or maybe T Curran's report is complete BS? Latest sighting (Callahan) is that Mac was at Gillette all day today. Sound like someone in a fight and getting traded?

He could take some responsibility publicly and not keep leaving his QB out to dry like he has. He could come out and just say Mac is his QB and he has confidence in him like Kraft has done. Belichick is manufacturing this controversy himself. He just said this and it would end all the BS.

I have been a “In Bill we trust” guy forever, but the Belichick of old seems to be gone and the current Belichick seems to be just mailing it in until he breaks Shula’s record.

This has never been a franchise that comes running to a microphone to defend or refute opinions of mediots

The idea that someone can float something out there and that Bill has to come running to address it is ridiculous nonsense.. He's probably on his boat 8 Rings getting a BJ from Linda right now, not worrying about what someone in the media said or didnt say
Bill doesn't have to come running to address anything. He can put a lot of it to rest by answering Mac is the team's QB to any of the multiple inquiries he's had in this regard. You know, like he did for Cam Newton repeatedly. Or like he did for Mac himself at the beginning of organized team activities last year. Or how he literally scoffed at the question about the QB position being evaluated after the KC debacle in 2014. He wants this sentiment to fester, if you think he's unaware of how their relationship is portrayed you're incredibly naive. For some reason Bill just doesn't care to throw Mac a bone to end this type of talk.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back