PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Belichick ‘Still Pissed’ About Mac Jones Going ‘Outside the Building’ For Help in 2022

not just in football, respect for chain of command and insubordination is a serious building block for organizational integrity. I’m very surprised you don’t get that.

If I have a problem with my boss my first step always should be to address it directly with him/her. Not to ***** to co-workers, call my last boss (especially if I know he’s friends with my first boss), or go over my boss’s head to his boss without first talking to my boss. If you have a problem with your boss and do any or all of what I described without first trying to resolve it directly you’ve just created a second, more serious problem. Especially if part of your job is to be a leader within your workgroup.

none of that has anything to do with networking with friends and peers.
I see Jones' action as trying to improve the team and himself, clearly not insubordination or a lack of respect. And none of us, including you, have any inkling of how his discussions with Bill went. For all any of us know, Bill and Mac could have been having a running dialogue on the stupidity of the offensive coaching. We certainly were here, and with good reason.

Tell me, what exactly should any of the offensive players have respected about Matt Patricia and Joe Judge? The fact that they were Bill's buddies and were given jobs they had no business performing or because they didn't cost anything? As my wife's favorite saying goes, you get what you pay for. The Pats definitely did.

And should the players keep quiet while their careers and earning power are being thrown away by egotistical jerks without any knowledge of offense and who nobody pays to see?

Btw, the NYFL is the last place in the world where I'd look for any kind of integrity.

Maybe he did talk to BB, Patricia and Judge about it and was told to do as he was told. We don't know. We may never know.
Exactly. We don't know. But if I had to guess, based on the egos of the coaches involved, I think it's very possible that it went the way you suggested and that he reached out to people he trusted. Sadly, none of those people were with the Pats.

He also wasn't the only one complaining.

Maybe he did talk to BB, Patricia and Judge about it and was told to do as he was told. We don't know. We may never know.
Truth.

but if you talk to your boss about a decision you don’t like and at the end of the conversation he tells you it’s his decision and it still stands you suck it up and toe the line. You don’t go sulking and displaying the body language of a frustrated spoiled brat and whining about it to anyone who will listen.

maybe he went to Saban and BOB to ask how to handle things better with BB and the other coaches. But that’s not how it’s being reported. Based on human nature it seems just as likely he went to them looking for support and ratification of his dissent.

As you said, we don’t know and may never know. Same is true of BB’s reasons for structuring the OC role as he did, but that doesn’t stop everybody from taking pot shots at it.

Truth.

but if you talk to your boss about a decision you don’t like and at the end of the conversation he tells you it’s his decision and it still stands you suck it up and toe the line. You don’t go sulking and displaying the body language of a frustrated spoiled brat and whining about it to anyone who will listen.

maybe he went to Saban and BOB to ask how to handle things better with BB and the other coaches. But that’s not how it’s being reported. Based on human nature it seems just as likely he went to them looking for support and ratification of his dissent.

As you said, we don’t know and may never know. Same is true of BB’s reasons for structuring the OC role as he did, but that doesn’t stop everybody from taking pot shots at it.
People have taken shots at the coaching structure because it failed, miserably.

Yes, we may never know what's going on behind the scenes. We still don't know what happened with Malcolm Butler. But if Mac Jones ends up on another team it would have to be one of 3 things, Bill wants it, Mac wants it or it's mutual (my pick).

And what's so wrong about Jones going to Saban and BOB even if it's true? Bill talks with Saban and put the team on hold for a year to bring in BOB. It seems like it would be a logical place for Jones to go for help.

Given the timing of this recent disclosure, it seems more than plausible it was BOB who ratted Mac out upon arrival in Foxborough this winter.

Can't blame Mac for contacting the person universally considered to be the 2023 OC in Waiting and confiding to him about the Patricia/Judge schitt-show with hopes that BOB can somehow suggest to Belichick he alter course or at least perform some minor surgery.
--------------------------

BB: So BOB, did Mac use a burner phone when he called you?
BB: Did Mac mention if he had been in contact with Robert and his meddling kid?
BB: Did Mac, at any time, refer to my coaching choices as 'blatant malpractice'?

OIP.Fdt0VFDhkVRsk5WcZ__n4wHaEK

Given the timing of this recent disclosure, it seems more than plausible it was BOB who ratted Mac out upon arrival in Foxborough this winter.

Can't blame Mac for contacting the person universally considered to be the 2023 OC in Waiting and confiding to him about the Patricia/Judge schitt-show with hopes that BOB can somehow suggest to Belichick he alter course or at least perform some minor surgery.
--------------------------

BB: So BOB, did Mac use a burner phone when he called you?
BB: Did Mac mention if he had been in contact with Robert and his meddling kid?
BB: Did Mac, at any time, refer to my coaching choices as 'blatant malpractice'?

OIP.Fdt0VFDhkVRsk5WcZ__n4wHaEK
The plan was for Matt and Joe to work out. If BB wanted BoB, he would have gotten him in 2022.

As a former Manager and Software Architect I can see why an authoritarian would take umbrage. However, a young guy with talent that is frustrated and taking shots to improve is an opportunity, not someone to stomp.

BB: "Look Mac, I didn't like this going above the Coaches you had, not one bit. OTOH, I can see you were in a frustrating situation. Let's do this going forward - I got a key add in your new OC and OL Coach. I've brought in more help. B.O. is in charge. I believe you are pleased at these changes. The past is the past. Let's wipe it clean, and make this the best team we can. Any questions?".

Mac: "No sir, thank you sir."

Hanging onto grudges is not only counter productive, it clouds chances for a better result going forward. If Mac actually does complain to the media, or mouth off in game going forward its then much easier to bring him in and read the riot act, or more and have no lingering doubts that you contributed to the issue. Also any more whining isn't going to allow Mac to be the guy in the Locker Room, which is critical.

Just wait for the chuckle when Sidy Sow playing LT for an injured Trent Brown gives up a painful sack to Mac.

Also any more whining isn't going to allow Mac to be the guy in the Locker Room, which is critical.
Mac had a chance to be The Guy in the locker room last year. He flubbed it.

That’s the whole point.

and as a former manager, software architect, and a lot more, I’m unimpressed by the credentials you cited. Apparently you somehow think they are relevant to athletes and coaches and locker rooms, but I can’t see why you’d think so.

Mac had a chance to be The Guy in the locker room last year. He flubbed it.

That’s the whole point.

and as a former manager, software architect, and a lot more, I’m unimpressed by the credentials you cited. Apparently you somehow think they are relevant to athletes and coaches and locker rooms, but I can’t see why you’d think so.
I left out playing and coaching, but since it wasn't near the pros, I wouldn't. Just giving context, not trying to impress the obviously superior senior folks here.

I left out playing and coaching, but since it wasn't near the pros, I wouldn't. Just giving context, not trying to impress the obviously superior senior folks here.
Got it. You left out relevant associations to cite irrelevant experience. that will definitely adjust your credibility appropriately.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back