PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermichael Finley "Gronk and Graham have to show me more"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Gronk and Graham have each had 1 good, though not amazing, rookie season, followed by sophomore seasons for the history books. Now, if Gronk was playing on any team other than the Patriots, we'd all be saying "I need to see another big year before crowning this guy".

That's pretty much what Finley seems to be saying.

I know I shouldn't take the bait, but ....

That's not the point.

The point is that why is Finley saying this? Who is he to say that they have to show me something more'?

It appears that Finley brought up Graham and Gronk on his own. If so, why did he do that? If not, then why not deflect with a complimentary answer?

Rodgers has said himself that TFB is 'far and away' the best in the league, he also said he was lucky to play golf with him and thought it was a pleasure, Rodgers has done nothing but praise Brady.

Rodgers started out as a pretty respectful guy. I think something got to his head, though, either winning the Super Bowl or last year's 15-1 season.

For example, there's was an interview when the Packers were (I believe) 12-0. If you look at the transcript of what he says, then he looks good. But you don't see things like this smirk after he talked around a 16-0 question. Basically, he refused to even say 16-0 or undefeated season by name and said that it was too soon to talk about it. Then this:
14m7zog.jpg

I believe it was two weeks later that he lost to the Chiefs. As the Chiefs are lining up to kneel for the win, we see the camera go to Rodgers, who has a similar smirk. Put Brady in that situation, and he'd be absolutely destroyed. He wouldn't smile for a week.
Aaron Rodgers Smiles After Chiefs Loss (Video) | SportsGrid

Rodgers is a good quarterback, but I lost a lot of respect for him as a person last year. He was acting like the guy who was taking things one game at a time, when really, he had already decided that the Packers were going 19-0 after 12 games and then didn't care when they did lose. Those are two things we'd never see Brady do.

Oh, and Finley sucks.

Well, Gronk and Graham have each had 1 good, though not amazing, rookie season, followed by sophomore seasons for the history books. Now, if Gronk was playing on any team other than the Patriots, we'd all be saying "I need to see another big year before crowning this guy".

Ha! You know this place Deus. A ton of people would be saying, "We could have had that guy! Belichick blew a 2nd rounder again!". :D

Finley's comments smell a bit of sour grapes. He's deflecting his own shortcomings by pointing out shortcomings of excellent players that haven't happened yet. He needs another tat. ...one that says, "MAKE CATCH".

lol show him what more? Gronk had more TDs this season than Finley's entire career. Jealousy won't get you anywhere!

That's not the point.

The point is that why is Finley saying this? Who is he to say that they have to show me something more'?

It appears that Finley brought up Graham and Gronk on his own. If so, why did he do that? If not, then why not deflect with a complimentary answer?

Yeah that. It's not Tony Gonzales saying it, it's Finley. His opinion means nothing.

That said if I'm a Packer fan I like his attitude. However I'm a Patriots fan so I think he's an idiot.

That's not the point.

It's in the article, and I'm not taking your bait, as you put it. If you feel some overwhelming need to pretend that Finley is somehow negative towards Gronk and Graham, you go for it.

GRONK's rookie season wasn't amazing? Maybe not compared to all TEs, all seasons, but it was arguably the best rookie season a TE's had since Mike Ditka. . . .

It's in the article, and I'm not taking your bait, as you put it. If you feel some overwhelming need to pretend that Finley is somehow negative towards Gronk and Graham, you go for it.

I laid it out for you in the four questions Deus ... your'e responding with answers to questions that weren't asked.

As someone who had Jermichael Finley on my fantasy team last year, I can state - - he is an underwhelming TE who had less than half the TD's that Gronk had.

Last edited:
This coming from the guy who drops everything? LOL

Finley is a 4 year veteran. Gronk, Graham and Hernandez are two years into their journey. All 3 put up numbers across the board that are generally better than Finley's despite all playing in systems that utilize their Tight Ends effectively.

The fact is, it appears that he's taken some sort of high ground because of his time in the NFL despite putting up inferior statistics. It smacks of jealousy, insecurity and wasn't necessary.

There's only one point I agree with. All three need to prove their worth over time. All three have started off with a bang.

Last edited:
I bet Gronk and Graham both agree that "Finley has to show them more to even warrant making a comment like that."

But still, how dumb does that sound..........one of the tight ends he is talking about set freaking records for most touchdowns and receiving yards in a season BUT THAT"S NOT ENOUGH!?!?!?!?!?!? What more can they do to earn Finley's respect?

If im Belichick, im thanking Finley right now, how many times you think he is going to remind Gronkowski that he still have doubters during TC?

Rodgers started out as a pretty respectful guy. I think something got to his head, though, either winning the Super Bowl or last year's 15-1 season.

For example, there's was an interview when the Packers were (I believe) 12-0. If you look at the transcript of what he says, then he looks good. But you don't see things like this smirk after he talked around a 16-0 question. Basically, he refused to even say 16-0 or undefeated season by name and said that it was too soon to talk about it. Then this:
14m7zog.jpg

I believe it was two weeks later that he lost to the Chiefs. As the Chiefs are lining up to kneel for the win, we see the camera go to Rodgers, who has a similar smirk. Put Brady in that situation, and he'd be absolutely destroyed. He wouldn't smile for a week.
Aaron Rodgers Smiles After Chiefs Loss (Video) | SportsGrid

Rodgers is a good quarterback, but I lost a lot of respect for him as a person last year. He was acting like the guy who was taking things one game at a time, when really, he had already decided that the Packers were going 19-0 after 12 games and then didn't care when they did lose. Those are two things we'd never see Brady do.

Oh, and Finley sucks.

I wonder if you might be reading into it a tad, athletes tend to be very superstitious so I can see him not wanting to jinx anything also also being a bit relieved at not having to deal with the pressure of making a 19-0 run.

I wouldnt say Finley sucks, I think he's pretty good player but is certainly not elite. As a person he's looking like a real turd.

Finley is a very good player. And I'm not about to say he couldn't carry Gronk's jock.

But if he wants to see it in Gronk's locker he'll have to ask nicely.:p

Maybe Finley is saying that he learned a lot from watching Gronk and Graham last season, and he hopes to learn more from watching them this season.

Unlikely, but it's the only logical answer.

sounds like he wants to be Jermichael Jetley to me...he's already got the mongo mouth thing going on...

Is Jermichael Finley (who is approaching Cromartie status as far as kids go) negotiating Gronkowski's or Graham's contract in a couple years? Why is he even making a comment like this? He's not the 'don' of tight ends, not even close. Just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Is Jermichael Finley (who is approaching Cromartie status as far as kids go) negotiating Gronkowski's or Graham's contract in a couple years? Why is he even making a comment like this? He's not the 'don' of tight ends, not even close. Just sounds like sour grapes to me.

It's jealousy pure and simple. Before Gronk,AH,Graham all exploded past him he was thought to be the next big thing at TE. Now he is more of an afterthought with questionable hands.

Heck the Packers didn't even need him to win the SB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft