PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermichael Finley "Gronk and Graham have to show me more"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is Gronk is going to show him more because 1) BB, 2) TFB, 3) His own want to compete.

The problem for Finley is that he's looking overr his shoulder, but Gronk has already passed him.

finley doesn't even match up to hernandez.......

Finley's butterfingers holds his team back with crucial drops kind of like watson would do to us from time to time. Fwiw gronk has more touchdowns in one season then finley has in his career, so he can think about that.

Finley may have a point as far as consistency is concerned but it's obvious that jealousy is playing atleast a some part in his comments.

Not to derail the thread but, why do people hate Aaron Rodgers so much? I would understand if our QB was the sanchize but we have an elite QB. You don't think other fans talk about TFB the same exact way? "Look how smug Brady is throwing TD's on our defense!"

C'mon man, he's the best QB under 30 in this league. He should have swagger.

Finley may have a point as far as consistency is concerned but it's obvious that jealousy is playing atleast a some part in his comments.

Not to derail the thread but, why do people hate Aaron Rodgers so much? I would understand if our QB was the sanchize but we have an elite QB. You don't think other fans talk about TFB the same exact way? "Look how smug Brady is throwing TD's on our defense!"

I personally dislike his douchey touchdown dance but I don't hate the guy. If we had to trade Brady for another QB I'd pick Rodgers.

I personally dislike his douchey touchdown dance but I don't hate the guy. If we had to trade Brady for another QB I'd pick Rodgers.

its not really a touchdown dance, more of a thing he does after big runs. he does it because ppl don't think he's athletic and he takes issue with it. i have no problem with it whatsoever. it's swagger, which i like and this team is sorely in need of it.

Last edited:

You sir haven't experienced living with a Packer fan for 18 years. My brother is the most annoying Packer fan you can think of, telling me how every single Packer player the Packers draft or sign is going to be the best player in the league. Packer players are ****y, as are their fans. Once you meet the fans, you soon come to hate the players. :D

Edit- Co*ky is not a bad word. These forum censorships are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I would like to see Aaron work on his drops and have some more burn at the HB position.

He's already a better player than finley :p

Well, Gronk and Graham have each had 1 good, though not amazing, rookie season, followed by sophomore seasons for the history books. Now, if Gronk was playing on any team other than the Patriots, we'd all be saying "I need to see another big year before crowning this guy".

That's pretty much what Finley seems to be saying.

Really????

Jermichael Finley: Career Stats at NFL.com

Rob Gronkowski, TE for the New England Patriots at NFL.com

Gronk had 10 TD's in his ROOKIE season.

The Ol' Legend Finley has never done that and has but 15 in his "illustrious" career.

Gronk has almost DOUBLE the TD's in half the seasons as Finley.

Finley is an ignoramous.

Last edited:
Joe Kerr has come up with a new classification that encompasses the ignoramus,the idiot, the space alien,the no hope dope and, of course, the entire Jet fanbase...they are now within the parameters of this new order....

IGNOROIDS

Joe Kerr has come up with a new classification that encompasses the ignoramus,the idiot, the space alien,the no hope dope and, of course, the entire Jet fanbase...they are now within the parameters of this new order....

IGNOROIDS

WHAT??!?! lol.

you have to shout so the braindead Jet fans will get the vibrations through their lead lined skulls

Pretty sure neither one of them has to prove anything to Finley. Maybe to their coaches and teammates, but not to some random tight end on some other team who isn't nearly as good as either of them.

Gronk will once again be a monster. He may get a little more attention than last year which will leave other guys like AH, Lloyd and WW in single coverage. I'll take that.

Providing the skill players perform up to their capabilities and stay healthy....

Providing Brady spreads the ball around...

Providing the o-line does the job....

Providing the running game is functional enough to force defenses to respect it...

I see no reason why this offense cannot EXCEED the 2007 offense in points and production.

Personally, I'd rather see the defense elevate into Top 5 status but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
"Gronk and Graham have to show me more"

Gronk in his first two seasons:
2010 - 42 rec, 546 yds, 13.0 ypc, 10 td
2011 - 90 rec, 1327 yds, 14.7 ypc, 17 td

Um, ok, I'm perfectly happy with Gronk showing us more of that. Works for me.

Jermichael Finley not completely sold on Gronkowski, Graham - NFL - Sporting News

Finley is good but nowhere near the level of Gronk and even Graham.

I smell jealousy here ...and besides Gronk nor Graham have to show Finley anything,Both Rob and Jimmy are heads and shoulders above all other TEs not named Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates.

Finley needs to LEARN more from these two young stars,not reversed...I don't even think he is as good as a healthy Hernandez to be honest.

In general, I think that players, especially good players like Finley, should keep their mouths shut and not dis their competitors unless called out or provoked.

But, if what he means is that he's not going to tip his hat to them until they've put up more than one big year, he's not off base; let's face it, it's the kind of thing that Pats fans would usually say about a guy who put up a great year for the Jests. But I still think he should have kept that opinion to himself.

Last edited:
Jacksonville TE Zach Miller has already said this spring that he thinks he and fellow TE Marcedes Lewis can be the best TE combo in the NFL:

Miller is so upbeat about the Jaguars' offense, he's not afraid to talk about some grandiose expectations.
"We want to be the best tight end duo in the league," Miller said. "You look up in New England with [Rob] Gronkowski and [Aaron] Hernandez, we want to be better than them." When Lewis heard that, he replied: "I don't think [Miller] said it to take a shot at them. We believe in our own abilities to go out and produce. I feel with this new offense, we're going to have chances to do that."

Jaguars tight ends Marcedes Lewis, Zach Miller looking to redeem themselves | jacksonville.com

Now former Giants and new Kansas City TE Kevin Boss says that he believes that he and teammate Tony Moeaki can achieve Gronk-Hernandez status, too:

Kevin Boss has high hopes for Chiefs' offense - NFL.com

This is the time of year when talk is cheap.

This is the time of year when talk is cheap.
I don't think the talk is cheap. I think these guys are just saying they want to get better and be the best. Every player (and heck people in general) should not accept mediocracy as a goal.

And they point out to our guys as being the top, that's a tip of the hat to our duo which pretty states that they are recognized as beign a top tight end tandem and this will only be their 3rd season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes