PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE in a bit of a slump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
2 more drops today...he had 2 or 3 IIRC vs the jets as well. Was he getting open today? Not sure but seems to be in a bit of a slump. Can't afford drops next week if we want to win.

I think a lot of it is that Gronk is back to his very best and he's getting the "in the middle" balls right now. The drops certainly don't help Edelman though. I have no objection to Edelman being our no 3 receiver because it means that 1&2 are darn good.

Yeah nothing to worry about. He had a lull mid season last year too, then exploded for 50-something balls in the last 6 weeks. Started with the Denver game actually...

He's proven himself, he'll get hot again. In the meantime it's nice to have LaFell around :)

2 more drops today...he had 2 or 3 IIRC vs the jets as well. Was he getting open today? Not sure but seems to be in a bit of a slump. Can't afford drops next week if we want to win.
Somewhat odd but also interesting is that last season in the same weeks of the season Edelman went through a slump where he was not playing well, he had 7 catches during a 3 game period for less than 50 yards. He broke out of the slump in the Broncos game.

Somewhat odd but also interesting is that last season in the same weeks of the season Edelman went through a slump where he was not playing well, he had 7 catches during a 3 game period for less than 50 yards. He broke out of the slump in the Broncos game.

Ya i remember that as well...maybe his breakout again is next week

I'm not overly concerned. I assume that defenses are keying on JE now and the offense is trying to be a bit more diversified.

Agree, but if there is one WR I am not worried about it....it's Edelman

Ya i remember that as well...maybe his breakout again is next week
I think he might have got banged up on the running play against the Jets when he hurdled the defender and landed hard on his back.

Agree, but if there is one WR I am not worried about it....it's Edelman

I am not really worried about any of them ATM other then why dobson now sucks and can't start over Tyms..but not high on my list as the O is playing great

Only on this board...

I think Edelman will spell trouble for Denver with the emergence of Lafell and Gronk being back to himself. The D will game plan for those guys and Jules will do his thing along with Mr. Wright. I can dig it

I wouldn't call it a slump so much as the rest of the team is finally Gelling, and brady is finally not forcing it to one person.

This is the best our offense has been in a long time.

Loving it. If the concerns have dropped all the way to Edelman, it means the team is clicking.

Edelman is an extremely important player, for a variety of reasons. I love it that he needn't be the focal point all the time. Brady - too often - had been forcing the ball to Edelman out of necessity. Others are stepping up. We are ok with this.

I wouldn't call it a slump so much as the rest of the team is finally Gelling, and brady is finally not forcing it to one person.

This is the best our offense has been in a long time.

No question the O is gelling and when we talk about him..you know our O is getting very good. I just find it odd the past 2 weeks he has had some drops. He usually doesn't have an issue with this so i don't expect it to last

Edelman either had ANOTHER bad game.....or he is starting to go the way of Welkah and hears the footsteps or flinches everytime a ball comes his way.......I would gather that it is more the prior than the latter......what do u think?

Edelman either had ANOTHER bad game.....or he is starting to go the way of Welkah and hears the footsteps or flinches everytime a ball comes his way.......I would gather that it is more the prior than the latter......what do u think?

Yea no that 2nd part is so far from what is happening...just had another bad game is all. It won't last

It shouldn't be surprising that Edelman wasn't thrown to much. He was the only guy being covered by a legitimate NFL talent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back