Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's official: I hate ESPN...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by richpats, Aug 9, 2006.

1. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This morning's Sportscenter teaser for the Pats:

"Brady frustrated in New England"

The actual story - Bruschi will sit out the preseason (supposedly Brady would be frustrated by THIS after 3 years of injury-plagued seasons). Then they had a follow-up where they jokingly reported the signing of Eddie Berlin ("a guy who will actually show up to practice"). Had a few sound bites from Brady about him wanting to "have his best year" and is "working with some new faces".

Yeah, sounds like he's about to quit the team in frustration. When the media turns on you, they go all the way.
  2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

We have the potentially best QB ever in the NFL history and I thought the team is screwing him around. Unlike the Indy Colts who did everything they could to keep their best WRs for Manning, we have done the opposite, forcing Brady to start all over again with his WR's. The team has to understand that our BEST opportunity to win another Lombardi is NOW, with Brady entering the prime of his career.

3. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

You know, they could remove ESPN from directTV, and it would take me months to notice. Unless you're a diehard baseball fan, there's no reason whatsoever to tune in.
  4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

What you don't seem to understand is the potentially best QB ever in the NFL history makes average receivers good, and good receivers great. If David Givens came up with the Saints, he'd probably be out of football. If Branch came up with the Vikings, he'd be an OK second tier receiver. If a guy like Reche Caldwell had been drafted by the Patriots, he would have signed a Givens-like contract in the offseason with the Titans.

Brady's decision-making and accuracy allow WRs to excel.
  5. satz

satz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Even if branch is signed i think the management is pushing for a more 3 good receiver set which we never had which means he needs to get another 2 guys in .

with the spread it offence with multiple tightends we need 2 solid good 1B receivers rather than one 1A receiver.

do not compare to manning the dolts have given too much money tothe offence and sacrifice their defence which build to stop the hailmary attitude the opposing team get into because of the lead the offence puts up.Their coach even says that they will face big offences only a once or twice which will be a big physical mismatch ie playoffs which he is prepared to loss.
    if the dolts offence is slowed they loss is that what you guys want?.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I'm going to break my rule and say this is the dumbest post of the year.

The Patriots stacked the O this year with:

1) 4 TE's (2 of them 1st Rounders)

2) went out and got a 1st Round RB (the one the Colts REALLY wanted, btw) to go along with Dillon, Faulk and Pass

3) now has one of the most (if not THE most) young, solid and deep OL's in the NFL. Meanwhile, what's up with the Indy OL?

4) Chad Jackson in Round 2 - - who was almost universally expected to be a 1st Rounder.

Mikey, you're a broken record and you couldn't be more wrong. At this point, your post is nothing more than a disinformation campaign.
  7. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Took the words right off my keyboard shmeesy! :rocker:
  8. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You said it man. The guys at PFW agree with you:
    This is from Tom Casale, Patriots Football Weekly in response to a question about our WR situation.
    http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20374&pcid=41
  9. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

ok, one post related to the topic ;)

Sportscenter is becoming like Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood when it comes to its stories- worst example:

(Upon Doug Flutie's retirement)
    "Find out what Patriot will NOT be a part of their drive for a 4th Lombardi trophy."

Spinning headlines way out of proportion.
  10. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You know, I read three different sports-related messageboards and on all three in the last 24 hours a thread has been started with this same title. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
  11. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree with you. I recently purchased cable to watch the upcoming season and saw the story. Seemed like a bit of bait and switch.
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

mikey, that's why Belichick drafted the next Jerry Rice this year.

Duh! Mark my words!
  13. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I get all I want from them, except for actual games, by watching the crawl on ESPN news. Otherwise it's all crap.
  14. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't know. I wish I were as confident as you are about our team.

But after the Duane Starks, Monty Biesel, and Chad Brown debacle, I am not so sure any more.

I thought it is a sorry sight to see one of the best QB's in NFL history scampering around begging for the team to re-sign his favorite receiver.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2005
  15. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +101 / 25 / -16

No Jersey Selected

ESPN has been garbage ever since they embraced the NBA, Streetball, Stuart Scott, Michael Irvin and NASCAR, and dumped hockey. Infotainment now, nothing more. Style over substance. (A-hole)Jock Worship.
  16. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Amen. Two words that encompass what's wrong with ESPN, the channel: JACKED UP!!!!!!!!
  17. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -1

WOW, just wow.

Do you not know why the Patriots have won so many SB's and been the most dominant team during the cap era?

THEY DO NOT OVERPAY PEOPLE. Marvin Harrison and Reggie wayne + Manning must eat up at least 1/3 of the roster cap. THREE PEOPLE? THREE?!!!!!!

Sorry mikey but if I understand correctly DEION BRANCH IS UNDER CONTRACT? Do you understand that? UNDER CONTRACT. UNDER CONTRACT!!!!

Pats offered him 6 million + a year more than what he deserves, well more and he jealously denied, thats too freaking bad he didnt accept? What do you expect the Patriots to pay Branch MARVIN HARRISON numbers just to keep Brady happy. Pfffft. Give me a break. I definitley wouldnt allow you to manage the front office. Pay a few players half of the salary cap then make the rest of the players junk...

mikey if you think the Patriots NEED to resign Branch, how much would you OFFER him, Pats offer him 6 million a year, how much would you offer Branch? Please answer with the offer you'd throw at Branch. Maybe we should just give an injury prone reciever Marvin Harrison money to keep Tommy happy?
  18. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Except when they start broadcasting NFL games on Monday night in Sept. NFL Live is also decent viewing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2005
  19. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

I no longer watch SportCenter or any of those other programs. But they have NFL games on ESPN. I can't miss those. I'd freak if DirecTV dropped them.
  20. mdhprime

mdhprime Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I hear you. I just wish the NFL had kept the Monday Night game on ABC. ESPN is really bad when it comes to football coverage. During the pre-game show it seems like Berman is trying to control a zoo.