PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I hate T.J. Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including playoffs, ATL has played 7 games vs Top 10 offenses with points per game as the metric.

AZ ave 26, allowed 19
GB (2) ave 27, allowed ave of 27
NO (2) ave 29, allowed ave of 32
OAK ave 26, allowed 28
SD ave 26, allowed 33

Thats an average of 28.3ppg allowed.

If they keep NE to 28 points that'll be a good defensive effort.

You accused me of ignorance on the AFC East. I'm going to call you on the same here. I've had this debate in many threads. Our scoring defensive stat is just a number.
  • Atlanta played 6 games against top 10 scoring offenses vs. only 2 games against bottom 10 scoring offenses.
  • We have given up far more points in the 4th quarter than any other quarter. Soft 3 deep zones while playing with cushy leads.
  • We have given up far fewer points since switching defensive schemes in the 2nd half of they year. We have faced a weaker offensive slate over that stretch (saving you the time).
  • Atlanta has played against some of the "whose who's" of QBs. NE has faced the "whose that" of QBs.
What is important about our defense is they hit like a hammer and create disruptive plays in between all those empty yards and points. NE will move the ball and they will score. They will also be all bruised up when the game is over.

History is my favorite subject. This season, lifelong Falcons fans have a growing disregard for history. This team is not like Mike Smith teams, Jim Mora teams, or Dan Reeves teams. They play with an edge and they play for each other. For 50 years Falcons fans have been looking over our shoulder waiting for the next shoe to fall. This season something changed in week 8 and the team isn't the same anymore.

History said Wilson and his ring would beat us.

History said Rodgers and his ring would beat us.

History says Brady and his rings will beat us.

While it will never be rational to someone who hasn't been a Falcons fan for 40+ years, this team defies historical norms. They are either too young to remember or too old to care.

We understand that our confidence is disrespectful to Patriots fans. Please understand that our confidence has nothing to do with the Patriots, it is all about the Falcons. We do know how great the Patriots are. We also know they can be beat on this stage, and we've earned our shot at doing it. We expect success not because anything is wrong with your team, but because a lot is right about ours.
But, But, if you listen to the commissioner, this year the NFL has had the most competitive season ever, with games being closer than ever. I don't know how true that is but what does that say about how close these "we've played a tougher slate of offenses/defenses". It doesn't really matter when the average margin of victory was 7 points or whatever, does it? Unless you're the worst team in the league and get to play the worst of the worst from the previous season then you can throw that **** right out of the window. Just watch the games and see how dominant you were against whoever the league throws in front of you. The fact is, the Pats are 15-3 ATS and they've likely been the highest favored team, on average, in the league this year (just guessing) and they've still pretty much rolled everyone. C'mon now with those stats. They don't really matter that much nor is there that much of a difference between the no.1 ranked offense/defense and no.15 offense/defense. If you watch the games then you see what is real and what is for show.

History is my favorite subject. This season, lifelong Falcons fans have a growing disregard for history. This team is not like Mike Smith teams, Jim Mora teams, or Dan Reeves teams. They play with an edge and they play for each other. For 50 years Falcons fans have been looking over our shoulder waiting for the next shoe to fall. This season something changed in week 8 and the team isn't the same anymore.

History said Wilson and his ring would beat us.

History said Rodgers and his ring would beat us.

History says Brady and his rings will beat us.

It is not disrespectful to cheer for your team and believe they can win. It is a huge accomplishment to get this far in the season. Both teams in this game are already champions.

History means little. Teams win games against whatever team takes the field.

The Falcons did not beat the 2013 Hawks. Nor did they beat the 2010 Packers. They beat the 2016 versions, both of which pale in comparison due to health and personnel changes. The Hawks lost Earl Thomas the week after the Pats game, and the defense changed greatly (4-3 in the final stretch, and not dominating at all). The Pack was written off early on, and got in because the Lions melted down and lost the division.

The Pats played the Texans (not a good team) and thumped the Steelers, a team predicted to pose the biggest threat.

That is the only history that matters. The coaches, players, strengths and weaknesses will decide this game.

A lot of analytics and words. The fact is pretty simple. NE claws through minimal resistance and shows up fresh and ready in the playoffs every year.

This might be among the stupidest sentences that I have read on this board this year.

Especially coming from a fan of a team that essentially had two BYEs in their playoff games so far, playing against overly injured teams...

In my opinion, you are reaching for something that isn't there. Everybody lays an egg at some point during the season. Yes, even the Patriots this season against a division opponent. It happens.

Dude. We were playing with our 3rd String ROOKIE QB, who had a hand injury that game and couldn't throw the ball properly.

When we replayed Buffalo, we blew them the f*** out, in Buffalo.

We didn't lay anything, that game didn't matter. We were 3-0 without our starting QB going into that game.

Anyway like I've stated, you're a concern troll that has attempted to look like you care about actual debate or rational discussion but your posts here have proved otherwise. You might want to take off before you're exposed even further and banned.

He's entitled to his opinions I don't hate him for that.

The fact he's a dirty azz player whose antics don't belong in the sport.... that's a different story.

Yawn. Another guy who became a Falcons fans 8 weeks ago.

Miami Dolphins regular season record: 10-6
Atlanta Falcons regular season record: 11-5

Look, kiddo, try to act like you've been there before.

We have.

In reality, the Patriots under BB CAN be had. But anyone who is not a newbie fan of their team can clearly see that, over the last 17 years, they can be had by teams with SUPERIOR defenses with great secondaries COMBINED with fast, dominant pass rushers. In a championship game (conference or SB) they have only lost ONCE to a team with a dominant offense bandaiding for a mediocre defense - - 2006 against Indy when half the team had the flu.

BB eats "no weakness offenses" for breakfast. Maybe you should learn something about the NFL. Try google to start off.

Your team has partially one of the 3 components that CAN beat a BB team - - a half decent pass rush. So you are 16.6666% of the way there, kiddo.

When do the Bulldogs start spring practice?

Yawn. I've been a fan for 30 years, but nice try though. I'm what you call a true fan. I rep'd them through thick and thin, mostly thin. I was around when we hired Jerry Glanville, drafted Deion Sanders, for the meltdown on the sidelines between June Jones and Jeff George. I watched Deion come back to town in a SF uniform to return an interception for a TD, and then getting into a slap contest with Andre Rison. I was there when they hired Reeves, and then made it to the Super Bowl in his second season with a solid line, amazing running game, and a suffocating defense (I knew they were for real after smoking the Pats in NE that year).

I was around when our starting safety decided to solicit a prostitute the ended up being an undercover cop the night before the Super Bowl after receiving the man of the year award the day before. I was there when Atlanta became the first team to ever beat GB on Lambeau Field in the playoffs. I was there when there through our QB getting arrested on federal charges, and the hiring of the biggest POS coach ever that abandoned his team after a Monday Night football game against their biggest rival with 3 games left on the season to become the head coach of Arkansas Razorbacks.

Through it all, I remained loyal. I remained optimistic that one day we would hire the right coach, draft the right players, and the right front office to make it happen. I thought that it had happened when Mike Smith took us to the playoffs in Ryan's rookie season. If not for an untimely fumble on a handoff to the start the second half against the Cardinals, and giving up a 3rd and 16 on the final drive, then Matt Ryan wins the first playoff game of his career. Mike Smith had a fire about him that was contagious to the team up until he was hospitalized for a heart condition. After that, he was never the same. He coached scared, and the team's play reflected that. I was there through Ryan's entire career. I watched him play with the worst offensive line in football for the majority of his career, and never having a decent to good defense.

Through it all, he kept the Falcons competitive. He made up for deficiencies by releasing the ball faster. He knew that every offensive snap mattered because the defense was going to keep the other team in it. He rose above it, and soldiered on. For a fan of this team for the this long, I've seen bad. I know what bad is. I have experienced what a bad team is for 3/4th of my life. Despite all of that, I remained and remain loyal. I bleed black and red.

I've watched your team since the Pete Carroll days. I was in basic training and AIT during BB's first year. I was in Dallas at my buddy's brother's house during the Pats vs Rams SB. I hated the Rams, then, as they had been in our division for a long time along with the 49ers. I pulled for you guys, then. I pulled for you every year after that. I admired what Belichick had created. I admired how well Brady played mistake free football early in his career. I pulled for you when I could no longer pull for my team during the playoffs each time. You guys were like my second team.

I'm glad BB historically has a good defense. I'm not saying your team isn't good. In fact, I think we are pretty evenly matched (more-so than you guys want to admit). Maybe you should take your own advice and google a few of our games. Our defense has played pretty darn well up until garbage time against far better offenses than you guys have seen this year. Your defense may appear to be better due to statistically facing the easiest schedule of opposing offenses during the regular season. In reality, they are probably most likely middle of the pack. They literally faced the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Atlanta saw plenty of high octane offenses. I believe that our offense has seen better overall defenses than yours, and our defense has seen offenses similar to yours many times this year.

I've seen a lot of football. I've seen good, but I've also seen a lot of bad football. That's why I'm saying this in full confidence. The Falcons are the better team in this Super Bowl. This is a different Atlanta Falcons team. This isn't your daddy's Falcons. I'm not saying that to disrespect the Pats. I think you guys are a very good team, and this game will be a tight one, but I just feel like this is the Falcons' year. Any other year I pick you guys. Not this time.

A lot of analytics and words. The fact is pretty simple. NE claws through minimal resistance and shows up fresh and ready in the playoffs every year. The only adversity they face comes from the commissioner.

I do appreciate your comments. My opinion remains that the Saints, the 3rd place NFC team would have been favored against anyone in the East other than the Patriots.
So I guess having a winning record against every team in the NFL (except Denver) means nothing? The NFCE & AFCN are the only two divisions that have been competitive every year for a good stretch. Every other division has more or less been dominated by one team...

AFCE - NE
AFCW - DEN
AFCS - IND (LOL)
AFCN - PIT & BAL

NFCE - TOSS UP BUT MOSTLY NYG
NFCW - SEA
NFCS - ATL (Saints haven't been a threat in years, Bucs haven't been since 2002 and the Panthers are now back to reality. One season and an MVP trophy don't deserve a spot with the league's elite)
NFCN - GB

Fans of the AFCN are the only fans who have a legit beef, IMO. They can have three teams in the playoffs in a given season. Hell, even the AFCE had two this season, down year or not. NE once missed the playoffs at 11-5.

Last edited:
Yawn. I've been a fan for 30 years, but nice try though. I'm what you call a true fan. I rep'd them through thick and thin, mostly thin. I was around when we hired Jerry Glanville, drafted Deion Sanders, for the meltdown on the sidelines between June Jones and Jeff George. I watched Deion come back to town in a SF uniform to return an interception for a TD, and then getting into a slap contest with Andre Rison. I was there when they hired Reeves, and then made it to the Super Bowl in his second season with a solid line, amazing running game, and a suffocating defense (I knew they were for real after smoking the Pats in NE that year).

I was around when our starting safety decided to solicit a prostitute the ended up being an undercover cop the night before the Super Bowl after receiving the man of the year award the day before. I was there when Atlanta became the first team to ever beat GB on Lambeau Field in the playoffs. I was there when there through our QB getting arrested on federal charges, and the hiring of the biggest POS coach ever that abandoned his team after a Monday Night football game against their biggest rival with 3 games left on the season to become the head coach of Arkansas Razorbacks.

Through it all, I remained loyal. I remained optimistic that one day we would hire the right coach, draft the right players, and the right front office to make it happen. I thought that it had happened when Mike Smith took us to the playoffs in Ryan's rookie season. If not for an untimely fumble on a handoff to the start the second half against the Cardinals, and giving up a 3rd and 16 on the final drive, then Matt Ryan wins the first playoff game of his career. Mike Smith had a fire about him that was contagious to the team up until he was hospitalized for a heart condition. After that, he was never the same. He coached scared, and the team's play reflected that. I was there through Ryan's entire career. I watched him play with the worst offensive line in football for the majority of his career, and never having a decent to good defense.

Through it all, he kept the Falcons competitive. He made up for deficiencies by releasing the ball faster. He knew that every offensive snap mattered because the defense was going to keep the other team in it. He rose above it, and soldiered on. For a fan of this team for the this long, I've seen bad. I know what bad is. I have experienced what a bad team is for 3/4th of my life. Despite all of that, I remained and remain loyal. I bleed black and red.

I've watched your team since the Pete Carroll days. I was in basic training and AIT during BB's first year. I was in Dallas at my buddy's brother's house during the Pats vs Rams SB. I hated the Rams, then, as they had been in our division for a long time along with the 49ers. I pulled for you guys, then. I pulled for you every year after that. I admired what Belichick had created. I admired how well Brady played mistake free football early in his career. I pulled for you when I could no longer pull for my team during the playoffs each time. You guys were like my second team.

I'm glad BB historically has a good defense. I'm not saying your team isn't good. In fact, I think we are pretty evenly matched (more-so than you guys want to admit). Maybe you should take your own advice and google a few of our games. Our defense has played pretty darn well up until garbage time against far better defenses than you guys have seen this year. Your defense may appear to be better due to statistically facing the easiest schedule of opposing offenses during the regular season. In reality, they are probably most likely middle of the pack. They literally faced the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Atlanta saw plenty of high octane offenses. I believe that our offense has seen better overall defenses than yours, and our defense has seen offenses similar to yours many times this year.

I've seen a lot of football. I've seen good, but I've also seen a lot of bad football. That's why I'm saying this in full confidence. The Falcons are the better team in this Super Bowl. This is a different Atlanta Falcons team. This isn't your daddy's Falcons. I'm not saying that to disrespect the Pats. I think you guys are a very good team, and this game will be a tight one, but I just feel like this is the Falcons' year. Any other year I pick you guys. Not this time.

Please report back here in 37 hours. Wouldn't want you to disappear or anything.

I'm glad BB historically has a good defense. I'm not saying your team isn't good. In fact, I think we are pretty evenly matched (more-so than you guys want to admit). Maybe you should take your own advice and google a few of our games. Our defense has played pretty darn well up until garbage time against far better offenses than you guys have seen this year. Your defense may appear to be better due to statistically facing the easiest schedule of opposing offenses during the regular season. In reality, they are probably most likely middle of the pack. They literally faced the easiest schedule in the entire NFL. Atlanta saw plenty of high octane offenses. I believe that our offense has seen better overall defenses than yours, and our defense has seen offenses similar to yours many times this year.

Could be. We shall see.

I do think this will be the best and most complete team your Falcons have seen all year by far. And vice versa. These are the best and second best teams in football this year and it's fitting they see each other in the SB.

These Pats are no longer a team that relies on Brady to compensate for a sub par defense like they have in recent years. They have balance and depth and can beat teams in many different ways.

Pointing at our schedule is easy to do but the numbers say they are #1 in scoring. That's what we have. That is fact and anything else is just opinion and speculation.

I do believe the Pats have their hands full tomorrow- the Falcons have the personnel to exploit the real weakness on this defense which is the wheel routes to the backs. On defense I think you guys will bring your A game. I believe we will too. Should be a fun game.

So this joke of a Safety (I played Safety/CB in high school/college so I feel like my opinion is valid lol) was on First Take...

...yes First Take (stay with me guys, it's Super Bowl week and I'm feasting on all football coverage), and they basically asked this douchebag who he's got in the Super Bowl. To absolutely no one's surprise, he picked the Falcons. Hey, his little brother, Terron Ward, plays for the Falcons so no biggie, right?

Except for what comes out of the mouth of this human shart was not only insanely wrong, it screams "I'm biased". Here's the video:

Couple of excerpts from the vid for those that can't/won't view the video (with my rebuttal to them):

1. "I played both teams" (therefore he "knows" them best)-- Except you nearly beat the Falcons and your ****ty offense put up 16 points on them. When you played the Patriots, you couldn't score FOUR points and you got manhandled in your own stadium.

2. "Falcons defense creates turnovers"-- excuse me, I don't mean to infringe on your excellent reasoning skills Mr. Ward, but 1 forced fumble and 3 interceptions ON THE YEAR means this defense creates turnovers? View attachment 16061

3. (Responding to Stephen asking if the Falcons have to do what Denver did to NE to beat us) "They don't have to...their offense is good enough"-- Wow. A defensive player stating that only offense is needed to win the Super Bowl, against the Patriots no less. Does he not remember the Greatest Show on Turf only putting up 17 points against us? Ever heard of the idiom Defense Wins Championships? Clueless is not only his favorite film...

4. (Responding to Max asking if more credit should be given to Brady or Bill for NE's success) "Belichick has done it with whoever he has, so more credit has to go to him"-- Except Bill had a head coaching job in Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe from 2000 and didn't do anything of note until Brady took over... Let's not forget Bill himself has stated on numerous occasions that it's a players game and they're the ones that go win the game. Bill is not driving down the field, putting Adam in FG range or throwing 4 TDs against the Legion of Boom.

5. 35-17 Falcons-- Negro, I know you're on pot (as evidenced by that nonsense on your head) but do you also do crack cocaine? In what universe is Atlanta's defense holding New England's offense to 17 points when the Broncos dropped 16 on em with no QB and one WR? Also, again, a defensive player giving more credence to the offense when they're going up against the number 1 stingiest defense... which brings me to this whopper:

6. (In response to Stephen balking at that dumbass prediction) "What did y'all think the score was going to be last year (in the Super Bowl)? You damned fool, you had the number 1 defense going against an overrated offense from the NFC South! Do you notice any similarities here, genius? I'll give you a minute...

...the Broncos dominated the Panthers (a 15-1 team with the league MVP, averaging 31 points a a game!) to the tune of 24-10! Not to mention YOUR Denver Broncos had the number 1 offense 3 seasons ago and went up against the number 1 defense and got dominated, 43-8. What does this tell you, you moron?

God, I cannot wait until they are handing Tom the Bill Belichick Vince Lombardi. I am exasperated with the media and players that hate us giving insanely dumb reasons why the inferior team will beat us. This team lost to the world beater Chargers dude. Stop with the nonsense and lay off the peyote, you cheap shotting POS.

I'm kind of tired of this whole "Bill was head coach in Cleveland and did nothing" ********. They finished 11-5 and beat the Parcells Pats in the playoffs in 1994. They haven't won a playoff game since. He had his legs cut out from under him by Modell when he decided to move the team in 95 and Bill was coaching a lame duck team.

Just stop it with the 'he did nothing' nonsense. You sound like Felger.

the Falcons have the personnel to exploit the real weakness on this defense which is the wheel routes to the backs.

Actually I attribute that more to the bend but don't break mentality that the Pats adopted since Aqib and Arrington were here.

The idea is to give them those dink and dunk plays, prevent the long bombs (which we've done against top receivers this year: Hopkins, Fitzgerald, A. Brown, Thomas, Marshall, Pryor) and to keep them to field goals instead of TDs. That has worked phenomenally well this year and gave us the best defense in the NFL.

We will give them the wheel routes and let them convert a few 3rd downs but when it gets to about our 40, the defense tightens up and good luck trying to put the ball in the endzone.

The Steelers found out how effective FGs are against us. That is precisely what is about to happen to Atlanta.

Matt Bryant-- Ice up son.

I'll say it one more time. Act like you've been there before. I understand you are excited because of the outlier 11-5/deep into the postseason year your team is experiencing this year, but for a moment walk a bit in our shoes.

For the past 15+ years we have hosted a parade of different teams' fans here who all crowed "Whoah - you haven't seen anything like US yet!!!!"

We've seen 'em all. You're team has a fighting chance tomorrow. There is only one team that has dominated this century so far and has the cap space and extra draft picks next year to continue that domination for years to come. Until your newly successful team proves otherwise, you are merely the flavor of the month. The Dynasty Carolina Panthers say hello.

Take a number.

Last edited:
I'm kind of tired of this whole "Bill was head coach in Cleveland and did nothing" ********. They finished 11-5 and beat the Parcells Pats in the playoffs in 1994. They haven't won a playoff game since. He had his legs cut out from under him by Modell when he decided to move the team in 95 and Bill was coaching a lame duck team.

Just stop it with the 'he did nothing' nonsense. You sound like Felger.

Yeah I know you're one of those posters that think that Bill should get more credit than Brady, but you should know that I've argued against that notion since I joined this site.

'Nothing' in my definition means not having sustained successes, or making serious noise in the playoffs consistently, i.e., a flash in the pan (read: Carolina Panthers), which is exactly what that Cleveland team was. It sounds a little harsh, but the point I'm trying to make is that Bill wasn't a threat to win the whole thing when he was with Cleveland as the head honcho. Once he got Brady, everything changed and now we consider him the best HC of all time (rightfully so). When he didn't have Brady (2008) we missed the playoffs.

Don't compare me to Felger or else I have to compare you to Max Kellerman ;)

Edit: I feel like I should go a bit more in depth so as to not appear as if I'm making light of your criticism.

The Patriots have had great players over our 17 year run as the best team in the NFL. There is no doubt about that. But we are also the team that has done more with less, moreso than any other team, wouldn't you agree? OK then, the point is that if our success had more to do with Bill, why is it that same mentality and culture could not be replicated there in Cleveland? There are various variables that probably should be taken into account but on the whole, I'd say NE has done more with less than Cleveland has, under the same coach.

I don't mean to discredit coach. When I said nothing I meant he needed Brady to realize his potential. I hope I'm making myself clear.

Last edited:
I am in no way trying to knock your D at all. I'm simply pointing out that they haven't exactly been challenged at all really. The best offense you faced during the season was Seattle's (first game against the Cardinals maybe, but the Seattle game was after you were in midseason form, and Big Ben was out when you played Pit). That trend continued in the playoffs. You played one of the worst offenses in the post season in Houston, then a Bell-less Pit team that reached the endzone for the first time in the post season after the game was decided.

You guys cannot seriously say that this defense has been tested. You're about to play a QB that is on as good of a roll right now over the last 7 games as Brady has ever been on in his best 7 game stretch ever (during 2007, btw). This will be the best offense your team has seen since your first Super Bowl win (and I would argue it's the best they've ever played against). This team did this against the second hardest defensive slate. The Rams did so against the 27th ranked defensive slate that year.

It's going to be one heck of a game, that's for sure. It could go either way. I'm confident that the Falcons will show up well prepared. I've come to expect the Patriots to.

Please report back here in 37 hours. Wouldn't want you to disappear or anything.
I have no problem congratulating you guys on a win if it happens. It certainly wouldn't be a surprise if you did. I have a feeling Atlanta will give you guys more than you can handle though. I expect that you guys feel the same about the Pats. When we played the Broncos in Feb 1999, I expected to lose, but hoped to win. Feb 2017, I expect the Falcons to win, and hope they do so comfortably. We'll find out in 30 hours.

I am in no way trying to knock your D at all. I'm simply pointing out that they haven't exactly been challenged at all really. The best offense you faced during the season was Seattle's (first game against the Cardinals maybe, but the Seattle game was after you were in midseason form, and Big Ben was out when you played Pit).

This is ******** of the highest caliber.

The reason it appears that we have not been challenged is because our defense has shut opposing offenses down. Seattle was an anomaly of a game and they shouldn't have even won; if the ref correctly called holding on the game's last play in the endzone against Cam Chancellor, the Pats would have been 15-1 this year.

Also Landry Jones had identical stats to Ben (29/47, 1 TD, 1 INT, 280 yards to Ben's 31/47, 1 TD, 1 INT, 300 yards) in the games we played them and they scored essentially the same points (16 in game 1, 17 in game 2). So knock it off, the Steelers were the same team as they were in the playoffs. We actually beat them by much more WITH Ben.

The rest of your post is mindless, media sponges homer drivel that has no basis on this game.

You are going to lose. Handedly.

I am just saying, don't be surprised if you only score 13 to 17 up until there is about 4 mins left, and then you add one or two late scores to pull within 7 of the Falcons who by then is playing prevent to close the game.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen. There truly isn't a weakness. No matter what part of the offense you take away, they will exploit the mismatches. They have playmakers from all of the WRs, to all of the TEs, to all of the backs. It is a true pick your poison offense. Ryan became the first QB in history to post 6 straight games with over 120 QB rating.
Ok. Iam not trying to troll you but just for my knowledge can you break down falcons's 5 losses how those happened if all what you said above is true ?

And you know what, you've got me a little worked up so I feel like schooling you.

Every team the Pats face is always "until they faced the Patriots".

What does that mean? Place that after any of these sentences:

1. The Cardinals were Super Bowl FAVORITES this year...

2. The Steelers had a high powered offense...

3. The Steelers are all healthy and have the 3 Bs, and are favorites to represent the AFC...

4. The Texans have the best defense in the league

5. This looked like the Bengals' year...

6. The Ravens looked to make the playoffs...

7. Fitzpatrick was playing for his job...

8. Rex Ryan and his brother were coaching for their jobs...

9. The Dolphins running game was elite...

10. Nobody can stop Antonio Brown when Ben is throwing to him...

11. The Denver defense was the best in the league, and they can't be beaten at home...

12. The Atlanta Falcons' offense was unstoppable...

Ecetera.

You will learn like all the other teams we have put down have learned. Until you've faced the Patriots, you haven't done ****.

Could be. We shall see.

I do think this will be the best and most complete team your Falcons have seen all year by far. And vice versa. These are the best and second best teams in football this year and it's fitting they see each other in the SB.

These Pats are no longer a team that relies on Brady to compensate for a sub par defense like they have in recent years. They have balance and depth and can beat teams in many different ways.

Pointing at our schedule is easy to do but the numbers say they are #1 in scoring. That's what we have. That is fact and anything else is just opinion and speculation.

I do believe the Pats have their hands full tomorrow- the Falcons have the personnel to exploit the real weakness on this defense which is the wheel routes to the backs. On defense I think you guys will bring your A game. I believe we will too. Should be a fun game.
You know what? With all the talk of a down year, this is still a true statement that, at least to me, has not been discussed enough. It's almost as though NE doesn't deserve credit, while ATL deserves all the credit for the accomplishment. How many times in just the past five years (before this year) have the two teams that many would argue were the two best that season actually made it to the Dance?

• 2011(NE vs NYG) - Some would argue that neither team should have been there.
  • 2012 (BAL vs SF) - Baltimore finished 8-8 and looked putrid for most of that season.
  • 2013 (DEN vs SEA) - Yeah, I guess I must admit.
  • 2014 (NE vs SEA) - Definitely the two best and the game lived up to it.
  • 2015 (DEN vs CAR) - Laughable. My own conspiracy theory of Manning's sendoff gift aside, DEN was not the best team in the AFC. And though I'm willing to concede Carolina lost a few good pieces, I hardly think the few they lost is why they were awful this season. I think this season was just a truer representation and last season was a fluke. We'll see in time, I suppose.
So that's 2 out of 5? That's terrible. So I say let's just enjoy what should (and hopefully will be) a freakin' awesome Super Bowl between two teams that actually have a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses in many aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back