PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I hate T.J. Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3Birdman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So this joke of a Safety (I played Safety/CB in high school/college so I feel like my opinion is valid lol) was on First Take...

...yes First Take (stay with me guys, it's Super Bowl week and I'm feasting on all football coverage), and they basically asked this douchebag who he's got in the Super Bowl. To absolutely no one's surprise, he picked the Falcons. Hey, his little brother, Terron Ward, plays for the Falcons so no biggie, right?

Except for what comes out of the mouth of this human shart was not only insanely wrong, it screams "I'm biased". Here's the video:

Couple of excerpts from the vid for those that can't/won't view the video (with my rebuttal to them):

1. "I played both teams" (therefore he "knows" them best)-- Except you nearly beat the Falcons and your ****ty offense put up 16 points on them. When you played the Patriots, you couldn't score FOUR points and you got manhandled in your own stadium.

2. "Falcons defense creates turnovers"-- excuse me, I don't mean to infringe on your excellent reasoning skills Mr. Ward, but 1 forced fumble and 3 interceptions ON THE YEAR means this defense creates turnovers? 9B8D9EFB-2C3D-4735-87A6-317D391FD47A-12010-00001990B1B7CC3B_tmp.jpg

3. (Responding to Stephen asking if the Falcons have to do what Denver did to NE to beat us) "They don't have to...their offense is good enough"-- Wow. A defensive player stating that only offense is needed to win the Super Bowl, against the Patriots no less. Does he not remember the Greatest Show on Turf only putting up 17 points against us? Ever heard of the idiom Defense Wins Championships? Clueless is not only his favorite film...

4. (Responding to Max asking if more credit should be given to Brady or Bill for NE's success) "Belichick has done it with whoever he has, so more credit has to go to him"-- Except Bill had a head coaching job in Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe from 2000 and didn't do anything of note until Brady took over... Let's not forget Bill himself has stated on numerous occasions that it's a players game and they're the ones that go win the game. Bill is not driving down the field, putting Adam in FG range or throwing 4 TDs against the Legion of Boom.

5. 35-17 In what universe is Atlanta's defense holding New England's offense to 17 points when the Broncos dropped 16 on em with no QB and one WR? Also, again, a defensive player giving more credence to the offense when they're going up against the number 1 stingiest defense... which brings me to this whopper:

6. (In response to Stephen balking at that dumbass prediction) "What did y'all think the score was going to be last year (in the Super Bowl)? You damned fool, you had the number 1 defense going against an overrated offense from the NFC South! Do you notice any similarities here, genius? I'll give you a minute...

...the Broncos dominated the Panthers (a 15-1 team with the league MVP, averaging 31 points a a game!) to the tune of 24-10! Not to mention YOUR Denver Broncos had the number 1 offense 3 seasons ago and went up against the number 1 defense and got dominated, 43-8. What does this tell you, you moron?

God, I cannot wait until they are handing Tom the Bill Belichick Vince Lombardi. I am exasperated with the media and players that hate us giving insanely dumb reasons why the inferior team will beat us. This team lost to the world beater Chargers dude. Stop with the nonsense and lay off the peyote, you cheap shotting POS.

Another greatest show on turf reference. What does that have to do with 2016? I really don't get the connection.

Falcons defense is almost magical if they scored their 5 defensive TDs off only 1 forced fumble and 3 INTs. (Atlanta and NE both have +11 margin, but Atlanta got 5 scores off of theirs...I think you are looking at post season numbers.)

References to the NFC South. What division does NE play in again?

Broncos beat the Panthers. That clearly mean the Patriots will beat the Falcons. After all, Cam Newton > than Matt Ryan.

Atlanta can't hold NE to 17 points, and they can't hold GB scoreless in a half either! Rodgers is a bum and he was ice cold coming into that game.

I agree with you that the interview was stupid, but your rant is classic.

Another greatest show on turf reference. What does that have to do with 2016? I really don't get the connection.

It's one of the earliest (post Bills) examples of a high-flying offense failing to go gangbusters in the Super Bowl; see 2001 Rams, 2007 Pats, 2011 Pats, and the 2013 Broncos. In fact, of the last eight times a team has scored 30+ points in the Super Bowl, four were by "defensive teams" (2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Seahawks), two others were aided by pick sixes (2009 Saints and 2010 Packers), one was achieved by a safety in the fourth quarter (2012 49ers) and the last one was by a team that was 12th in PPG and 1st in points against (2003 Pats).

Could the Falcons buck the trend? I'm not betting on it personally of course, but sure they could. But let's not pretend there's no trend.

Also, as you can see, we've seen this show before. We know the folly of expecting our historic offenses to carry us.

Anyway, they decide the game on the field, so...

It's one of the earliest (post Bills) examples of a high-flying offense failing to go gangbusters in the Super Bowl; see 2001 Rams, 2007 Pats, 2011 Pats, and the 2013 Broncos. In fact, of the last eight times a team has scored 30+ points in the Super Bowl, four were by "defensive teams" (2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Seahawks), two others were aided by pick sixes (2009 Saints and 2010 Packers), one was achieved by a safety in the fourth quarter (2012 49ers) and the last one was by a team that was 12th in PPG and 1st in points against (2003 Pats).

Could the Falcons buck the trend? I'm not betting on it personally of course, but sure they could. But let's not pretend there's no trend.

Also, as you can see, we've seen this show before. We know the folly of expecting our historic offenses to carry us.

Anyway, they decide the game on the field, so...
Thanks for the response. I guess that I see that particular Rams team as very different in style from the Falcons. The Rams were a traditional finesse dome team in every since of the word. Atlanta is much more physical in all aspects of the game. We're not big, but we are very physical.

The only way the Patriots can really keep us under 30 is if they are able to run the ball and control the clock or if Atlanta commits turnovers. From looking at the season, neither of these teams are really turning the ball over. The Patriots may be able to slow the game down. While we are physical and end plays with a bang, we are smaller in terms of tonnage up front. The only scenario I really fear is Blount getting on a roll. The only team that really did that were the Eagles. That was a weird road trip in that we had 10 days off before that game and 14 days off after it. I think that was just a game nobody wanted to travel out to Philly and play.

Thanks for the response. I guess that I see that particular Rams team as very different in style from the Falcons. The Rams were a traditional finesse dome team in every since of the word. Atlanta is much more physical in all aspects of the game. We're not big, but we are very physical.

I'll buy that for a dollar. Jones is definitely more physical than the Rams had, but I think one of the faults of all the teams that failed in the Super Bowl is that they were front-running teams. They jumped out to big leads and coasted. Once they ran up against a defense or a defensive gameplan that matched up against their offense, they sputtered and crumbled because they failed to make the unexpectedly necessary adjustments.

The only way the Patriots can really keep us under 30 is if they are able to run the ball and control the clock or if Atlanta commits turnovers. From looking at the season, neither of these teams are really turning the ball over. The Patriots may be able to slow the game down. While we are physical and end plays with a bang, we are smaller in terms of tonnage up front. The only scenario I really fear is Blount getting on a roll. The only team that really did that were the Eagles. That was a weird road trip in that we had 10 days off before that game and 14 days off after it. I think that was just a game nobody wanted to travel out to Philly and play.

In my "****ing with stats" post, I have Blount with a monster game. Again, it's ****ing with numbers, so take it for what it is, but I see the same issue.

As for holding the Falcons under 30, here's how it should happen:

1. Red zone: The Falcons are good but curiously not great in the red zone (10th), and that's where the Pats defense plays its best football. If the Pats make the Falcons kick even 2 field goals instead of allowing touchdowns, that's 8 points.

2. YAC: Both the Falcons and the Pats make their hay on YAC. While the Falcons are pretty terrible on limiting YAC, the Pats are the best in the NFL. (Source since this is a more obscure stat to find) They don't have to and won't completely stop all YAC, but just limit it enough to force the Falcons to make more plays.

3. Blount/Lewis: Yep, the Pats running game, just like you mentioned. I see it more as a front-running tactic for the Pats, but they could just as easily go to this type of gameplan from the jump. Sidenote: The real problem is when Lewis is in the game. If the Falcons, with all their rotations, leave lighter guys in there when Lewis is in, I can see the Pats going no huddle and running the ball down Atlanta's throat. Just because New England is going no huddle doesn't mean Brady won't burn all kinds of time off the clock at the line.

'

That is just silly. I've been here for two weeks and I've said nothing of the sort. Check out my posts. Barking up the wrong tree. No trolls here.

Exactly why I want YOU to go on record, so I can determine if you are ,as I suspect, a shallow, hatefilled, run of the mill troll playing the "objective" card to obfuscate your TRUE feelings. Do you side with the Wells report and the decision to suspend Brady four games for violating the air pressure in 11 of 12 footballs that were 2 pounds PSI under the legal limit. Do you accept these things as facts and back Goodell's decision? It's a simple yes or no...if you try to deflect again I will have assume you're nothing but a troll.

DaveEG, I've attempted to refrain from messaging you or responding to your posts because you're one of those people that decide to come to another team's forum and "politely disagree" with everything, and those people are probably more annoying than outright trolls because we'll have some posters here fall for it and attempt to defend you. It will only cause dissent here, and you and your account will disappear into the ether when we beat the Falcons in a few days.

That being said, you now have my attention, and as such:

Falcons defense is almost magical if they scored their 5 defensive TDs off only 1 forced fumble and 3 INTs. (Atlanta and NE both have +11 margin, but Atlanta got 5 scores off of theirs...I think you are looking at post season numbers.)

Broncos beat the Panthers. That clearly mean the Patriots will beat the Falcons. After all, Cam Newton > than Matt Ryan.

Atlanta can't hold NE to 17 points, and they can't hold GB scoreless in a half either! Rodgers is a bum and he was ice cold coming into that game.

Why are we mentioning the greatest show on turf? Because you had an offense in St Louis that people were saying could not be stopped (coming off of a Super Bowl win just a year prior) going up against Bill Belichick. Same exact situation.

Those stats for the ATL D are extraordinarily misleading. You guys are playing marginal teams that either need to play catch up and force bad throws or just garbage teams in general due to the NFC being trash this year and your division being the cherry on top of that trash.

Which brings me to you trying to bring up our division as if that helps your argument. Excuse me but, we sent two teams to the playoffs. And the LOLPhins would beat anyone in your division except the Falcons ( hell, I remember them beating you in the preseason). The only reason they had a worse record than you was because we beat them twice this year-- they had a 10-6 record, one off your 11-5 record. Oh and they dominated the Chargers, something the Falcons cannot say, so please miss me with division talk.

Cam Newton and Matt Ryan have much more in common than you think.

Overrated? Check
Hasn't done anything in a Super Bowl? Check
"MVP"? Check
Putting up numbers against soft teams? Check
NFC South? Check

Lovely attempt at making it seem like Matt Ryan is some HOF QB where it is laughable to compare him to Cam. Matt is a perennial choker and has never accomplished anything other than having one good season this year.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay =/= Tom Brady and New England. It's like you're ignoring the fact that Tom is greater than Aaron and the Pats' organization is better than the Packers', top to bottom. You basically just waved an Uzi at USS Iowa. I mean, good luck with that.

Welcome to Patsfans.com Rook.

Last edited:
to be honest you ask yourself why did you watch max kellerman and steven a smith let alone tj ward give a take.

Two weeks is a long time...

giphy.gif

Besides, someone has to refute the nonsense. BS, if left unchecked and unchallenged, will become "truth".

So I suppose the fact that the Atlanta offense faced the second hardest schedule of opposing defenses, and the Patriots D faced the easiest schedule of opposing offenses doesn't make you question how good your D really is? Even just a little?

The Rams (16 years ago, btw) had Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. That was about it. The Bills K-Gun offense was over 25 years ago. Not a single player from either defense is still playing for BB. That was a long time ago. I fail to see the relevance of either in 2017. Dan Quinn's defense with Seattle in 2013 destroyed Peyton Manning's high scoring offense in the Super Bowl. Does that mean his defense will destroy the Pats O this year? But keep bringing up the past, if it makes you feel better about Sunday. Who am I to judge?

While one of your reporters was gushing about Brady throwing a TD to your 3rd string TE, Matt Ryan was throwing one to his 4th and 5th string TE's on the same day (this was the 5th string guy's first pro game ever). He threw an NFL record TD pass to thirteen different receivers.

You keep bringing up garbage time scoring against Atlanta's D as a way to make yourself feel better about the game, but I can promise you that they are much better than you think. Much better. They've certainly faced much better offenses throughout the year. I am just saying, don't be surprised if you only score 13 to 17 up until there is about 4 mins left, and then you add one or two late scores to pull within 7 of the Falcons who by then is playing prevent to close the game.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen. There truly isn't a weakness. No matter what part of the offense you take away, they will exploit the mismatches. They have playmakers from all of the WRs, to all of the TEs, to all of the backs. It is a true pick your poison offense. Ryan became the first QB in history to post 6 straight games with over 120 QB rating.

Having said all of that, I do believe your D is solid, and your offense is as well. Any other year I'm counting this as a loss, but hoping for a win. This year, though, I don't know how to describe it. Everything just feels different. You can see it from the coaches down to the players. The have a swagger to them, a quiet confidence, like they know they can beat anybody, and this moment isn't too big for them. I'll be darned if I don't feel the same way. They may have had some coachable moments throughout the year (like going into prevent way too early, or going for it on 4th down on your side of the field in OT), but after they ironed those issues out during the bye they have straight dominated everyone. Their lone mistake was when Ryan thought Eric Berry was on his team, spotting them 8 points while ST fell for a fake punt. But, you'll doubt them like the rest. You'll see soon enough.

ATL 34
NE 27

So I suppose the fact that the Atlanta offense faced the second hardest schedule of opposing defenses, and the Patriots D faced the easiest schedule of opposing offenses doesn't make you question how good your D really is? Even just a little?

The Rams (16 years ago, btw) had Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. That was about it. The Bills K-Gun offense was over 25 years ago. Not a single player from either defense is still playing for BB. That was a long time ago. I fail to see the relevance of either in 2017. Dan Quinn's defense with Seattle in 2013 destroyed Peyton Manning's high scoring offense in the Super Bowl. Does that mean his defense will destroy the Pats O this year? But keep bringing up the past, if it makes you feel better about Sunday. Who am I to judge?

While one of your reporters was gushing about Brady throwing a TD to your 3rd string TE, Matt Ryan was throwing one to his 4th and 5th string TE's on the same day (this was the 5th string guy's first pro game ever). He threw an NFL record TD pass to thirteen different receivers.

You keep bringing up garbage time scoring against Atlanta's D as a way to make yourself feel better about the game, but I can promise you that they are much better than you think. Much better. They've certainly faced much better offenses throughout the year. I am just saying, don't be surprised if you only score 13 to 17 up until there is about 4 mins left, and then you add one or two late scores to pull within 7 of the Falcons who by then is playing prevent to close the game.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen. There truly isn't a weakness. No matter what part of the offense you take away, they will exploit the mismatches. They have playmakers from all of the WRs, to all of the TEs, to all of the backs. It is a true pick your poison offense. Ryan became the first QB in history to post 6 straight games with over 120 QB rating.

Having said all of that, I do believe your D is solid, and your offense is as well. Any other year I'm counting this as a loss, but hoping for a win. This year, though, I don't know how to describe it. Everything just feels different. You can see it from the coaches down to the players. The have a swagger to them, a quiet confidence, like they know they can beat anybody, and this moment isn't too big for them. I'll be darned if I don't feel the same way. They may have had some coachable moments throughout the year (like going into prevent way too early, or going for it on 4th down on your side of the field in OT), but after they ironed those issues out during the bye they have straight dominated everyone. Their lone mistake was when Ryan thought Eric Berry was on his team, spotting them 8 points while ST fell for a fake punt. But, you'll doubt them like the rest. You'll see soon enough.

ATL 34
NE 27

I respect the enthusiasm you have for your team. It's an exciting time for Falcons fans.

As I see it your D doesn't have the talent to go with The Mighty Quinn's scheme to keep NE under 35. You play Cover 2/3 zone and that is a no-no vs GoAT.

In addition your O averaged 22.5ppg vs a top 10 scoring D this year. They can be slowed down. Every offense can vs a very good D

Pats 38
Falcons 23

Last edited:

Your crap defense looked decent against a hobbled Seattle and GB team. Unlike the falcons, NE has a high winning % against every division

It means our coach has shut down the best offense of all time he can do it again. You a little dense?

Don't get me started... to late.
the AFCE has the HIGHEST overall win % overall AND Outside of the division, since 2000, in all of the NFL. We've debunked this myth time and time again. When Seattle was salty after getting bounced from the playoffs they made comments "Lets see how the Pats would fare if they played in the NFCW". Well, the AFCE played the NFCW this year and went 10-6 against that pathetic division, Pats went 3-1.

Pats have the highest non-division win % in the NFL since 2000, the highest this year (11-1 including playoffs). Don't give me that weak sauce. The freaken NFCS is soft as can be. Tampa? Panthers? NO? Atlanta? All of these teams have a couple good seasons a decade and the rest are average or suck. Tampa, are you kidding me? Panthers have been relevant for what, 2 seasons a decade? Atlanta is incredibly inconsistent. And the few times you guys have made the playoffs... you choke to a non-division team. This year is the exception, not the rule. NO? One year they are good, the next they suck, because they have no defense what so ever.

But really the annoyance comes down to simple fact ignoring.

The difference between the Pats and Atlanta offense is 3 points. The difference between the defense is nearly 10. NE is top 3 in the league in each of redzone, Special teams, and YAC defense. ATL is the worst in the league in each of those categories.

There's nothing on paper or in history that favors Atlanta even slightly. Their defense is young,which will make it very difficult to stop the smarted QB who has seen it all. They don't have the guys to get pressure up the middle and that is the only way to slow the offense down.

On offense, ATL is new to being a 30+ppg offense. NE has been doing it for a decade now, but is also able to do it in many different styles... run heavy, pass heavy, deep outside passing, dink and dunk, they can morph from play to play and series to series.

Of course they still have to go out and execute, but that can't be predicted by analysis. The analysis shows that Pats are the MUCH superior team in ever phase but offense.. which is a wash.

So this joke of a Safety (I played Safety/CB in high school/college so I feel like my opinion is valid lol) was on First Take...

...yes First Take (stay with me guys, it's Super Bowl week and I'm feasting on all football coverage), and they basically asked this douchebag who he's got in the Super Bowl. To absolutely no one's surprise, he picked the Falcons. Hey, his little brother, Terron Ward, plays for the Falcons so no biggie, right?

Except for what comes out of the mouth of this human shart was not only insanely wrong, it screams "I'm biased". Here's the video:

Couple of excerpts from the vid for those that can't/won't view the video (with my rebuttal to them):

1. "I played both teams" (therefore he "knows" them best)-- Except you nearly beat the Falcons and your ****ty offense put up 16 points on them. When you played the Patriots, you couldn't score FOUR points and you got manhandled in your own stadium.

2. "Falcons defense creates turnovers"-- excuse me, I don't mean to infringe on your excellent reasoning skills Mr. Ward, but 1 forced fumble and 3 interceptions ON THE YEAR means this defense creates turnovers? View attachment 16061

3. (Responding to Stephen asking if the Falcons have to do what Denver did to NE to beat us) "They don't have to...their offense is good enough"-- Wow. A defensive player stating that only offense is needed to win the Super Bowl, against the Patriots no less. Does he not remember the Greatest Show on Turf only putting up 17 points against us? Ever heard of the idiom Defense Wins Championships? Clueless is not only his favorite film...

4. (Responding to Max asking if more credit should be given to Brady or Bill for NE's success) "Belichick has done it with whoever he has, so more credit has to go to him"-- Except Bill had a head coaching job in Cleveland and Drew Bledsoe from 2000 and didn't do anything of note until Brady took over... Let's not forget Bill himself has stated on numerous occasions that it's a players game and they're the ones that go win the game. Bill is not driving down the field, putting Adam in FG range or throwing 4 TDs against the Legion of Boom.

5. 35-17 Falcons-- Negro, I know you're on pot (as evidenced by that nonsense on your head) but do you also do crack cocaine? In what universe is Atlanta's defense holding New England's offense to 17 points when the Broncos dropped 16 on em with no QB and one WR? Also, again, a defensive player giving more credence to the offense when they're going up against the number 1 stingiest defense... which brings me to this whopper:

6. (In response to Stephen balking at that dumbass prediction) "What did y'all think the score was going to be last year (in the Super Bowl)? You damned fool, you had the number 1 defense going against an overrated offense from the NFC South! Do you notice any similarities here, genius? I'll give you a minute...

...the Broncos dominated the Panthers (a 15-1 team with the league MVP, averaging 31 points a a game!) to the tune of 24-10! Not to mention YOUR Denver Broncos had the number 1 offense 3 seasons ago and went up against the number 1 defense and got dominated, 43-8. What does this tell you, you moron?

God, I cannot wait until they are handing Tom the Bill Belichick Vince Lombardi. I am exasperated with the media and players that hate us giving insanely dumb reasons why the inferior team will beat us. This team lost to the world beater Chargers dude. Stop with the nonsense and lay off the peyote, you cheap shotting POS.

Post of the year nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST