PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I hate T.J. Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't give two turtle ****s about that show or its guests. I hate Ward because he torpedoes himself at the ball carrier's knees EVERY TIME. It's the only way he knows how to bring anyone down. I don't remember the last time I saw him legitimately wrap someone up and bring him down. Oh, I do on second thought. I remember him body slamming Jules after the whistle. He is the reason I fear every time the Pats must play the Donkeys. F this guy! There is probably no other player in the league today I hate more.

References to the NFC South. What division does NE play in again?

NFC South 33-31:

Atlanta 11-5 (when NE goes 11-5 they MISS THE PLAYOFFS in the 'sorry AFC EAST')
TB 9-7
NO 7-9
Car 6-10

AFC East 36-28:

NE 14-2
MIA 10-6
Buff 7-9
NYJ 5-11

What was your point again?

........ That was a weird road trip in that we had 10 days off before that game and 14 days off after it. I think that was just a game nobody wanted to travel out to Philly and play........

Right THERE is the fundamental difference between the cultures of he New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. You accidentally exposed the difference between a team of champions and an excellent collection of talent.

You may not understand that.

Right THERE is the fundamental difference between the cultures of he New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. You accidentally exposed the difference between a team of champions and an excellent collection of talent.

You may not understand that..

In my opinion, you are reaching for something that isn't there. Everybody lays an egg at some point during the season. Yes, even the Patriots this season against a division opponent. It happens.

NFC South 33-31:

Atlanta 11-5 (when NE goes 11-5 they MISS THE PLAYOFFS in the 'sorry AFC EAST')
TB 9-7
NO 7-9
Car 6-10

AFC East 36-28:

NE 14-2
MIA 10-6
Buff 7-9
NYJ 5-11

What was your point again?

If the divisions had played each other, those numbers would mean something. The 7-9 Saints (3rd place team) would be favored over everyone in that division other than the Patriots. They same could not be said for the 7-9 Bills vs the Saints, Bucs, and Jets.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen. There truly isn't a weakness....

Yawn. Another guy who became a Falcons fans 8 weeks ago.

Miami Dolphins regular season record: 10-6
Atlanta Falcons regular season record: 11-5

Look, kiddo, try to act like you've been there before.

We have.

In reality, the Patriots under BB CAN be had. But anyone who is not a newbie fan of their team can clearly see that, over the last 17 years, they can be had by teams with SUPERIOR defenses with great secondaries COMBINED with fast, dominant pass rushers. In a championship game (conference or SB) they have only lost ONCE to a team with a dominant offense bandaiding for a mediocre defense - - 2006 against Indy when half the team had the flu.

BB eats "no weakness offenses" for breakfast. Maybe you should learn something about the NFL. Try google to start off.

Your team has partially one of the 3 components that CAN beat a BB team - - a half decent pass rush. So you are 16.6666% of the way there, kiddo.

When do the Bulldogs start spring practice?

In my opinion, you are reaching for something that isn't there. Everybody lays an egg at some point during the season. Yes, even the Patriots this season against a division opponent. It happens.

You mean the game where our 3rd string rookie qb played with torn ligaments in his throwing thumb?

When do the Bulldogs spring practices start?

It means our coach has shut down the best offense of all time he can do it again. You a little dense?

Other seasons...other teams.

I respect him. However, if you think Bill will be calling all the shots tomorrow while Atlanta's upstart coaches struggle to respond, your in for an eye opening experience. Atlanta will be dictating responses from Bill more often than you think.

Atlanta is a much more physical team on both sides of the ball that the Rams were. Atlanta works from tight formations a utilizes TE's in more diverse ways. Both teams scored points, but this year's Falcons use very different methods.

So, yes, we are talking apples and oranges.

Other seasons...other teams.

I respect him. However, if you think Bill will be calling all the shots tomorrow while Atlanta's upstart coaches struggle to respond, your in for an eye opening experience. Atlanta will be dictating responses from Bill more often than you think.

Atlanta is a much more physical team on both sides of the ball that the Rams were. Atlanta works from tight formations a utilizes TE's in more diverse ways. Both teams scored points, but this year's Falcons use very different methods.

So, yes, we are talking apples and oranges.

Rams had a FAR better defense.

Rams had SB experience and a ring from the year before.

Once again, we are not delusional. What DOES scare us is a great defense - - yes we can be had - - Denver, NY Giants, Baltimore, etc.

You guys just don't have that matchup possibility with us. Sorry.

We'll enjoy watching your young guys try to adjust to the longer pregame, the longer commercial breaks, etc.

Talk all you want. We have seen it all here before on this board. There aren't as many of you here as when the Pats play Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc. This week has been the tamest of the past 7 Super Bowls. I must say, however, you guys (however few you have been) have been very on subject, informative and respectful.

Don't get me started... to late.
the AFCE has the HIGHEST overall win % overall AND Outside of the division, since 2000, in all of the NFL. We've debunked this myth time and time again.

A lot of analytics and words. The fact is pretty simple. NE claws through minimal resistance and shows up fresh and ready in the playoffs every year. The only adversity they face comes from the commissioner.

I do appreciate your comments. My opinion remains that the Saints, the 3rd place NFC team would have been favored against anyone in the East other than the Patriots.

DaveEG, I've attempted to refrain from messaging you or responding to your posts because you're one of those people that decide to come to another team's forum and "politely disagree" with everything, and those people are probably more annoying than outright trolls because we'll have some posters here fall for it and attempt to defend you. It will only cause dissent here, and you and your account will disappear into the ether when we beat the Falcons in a few days.

That being said, you now have my attention, and as such:

Why are we mentioning the greatest show on turf? Because you had an offense in St Louis that people were saying could not be stopped (coming off of a Super Bowl win just a year prior) going up against Bill Belichick. Same exact situation.

Those stats for the ATL D are extraordinarily misleading. You guys are playing marginal teams that either need to play catch up and force bad throws or just garbage teams in general due to the NFC being trash this year and your division being the cherry on top of that trash.

Which brings me to you trying to bring up our division as if that helps your argument. Excuse me but, we sent two teams to the playoffs. And the LOLPhins would beat anyone in your division except the Falcons ( hell, I remember them beating you in the preseason). The only reason they had a worse record than you was because we beat them twice this year-- they had a 10-6 record, one off your 11-5 record. Oh and they dominated the Chargers, something the Falcons cannot say, so please miss me with division talk.

Cam Newton and Matt Ryan have much more in common than you think.

Overrated? Check
Hasn't done anything in a Super Bowl? Check
"MVP"? Check
Putting up numbers against soft teams? Check
NFC South? Check

Lovely attempt at making it seem like Matt Ryan is some HOF QB where it is laughable to compare him to Cam. Matt is a perennial choker and has never accomplished anything other than having one good season this year.

Oh and Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay =/= Tom Brady and New England. It's like you're ignoring the fact that Tom is greater than Aaron and the Pats' organization is better than the Packers', top to bottom. You basically just waved an Uzi at USS Iowa. I mean, good luck with that.

Welcome to Patsfans.com Rook.

My response to the OP was much more tongue in cheek that it is being taken as. I found his level or ire at the video amusing. I responded as such. This is my fun thread. I'm letting it play out. My first post in this thread was laced with sarcasm. I thought that was clear. I think the largeness of the moment has all of us in some what of a defensive state. As you've noticed, I've replied properly to people making intelligent points.

YOUR words "I think that was just a game nobody wanted to travel out to Philly and play........"

Your words.

That speaks to the guts of a team. Your words speak to the fact that your team is a classic frontrunner. If the Patriots fall behind tomorrow, they will be a threat to come back. If that happens to the Falcons, however..........

Not a champion mindset...........

What you, yourself, wrote is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to a Patriots fan (in this century).

A lot of analytics and words. The fact is pretty simple. NE claws through minimal resistance and shows up fresh and ready in the playoffs every year. The only adversity they face comes from the commissioner.

I do appreciate your comments. My opinion remains that the Saints, the 3rd place NFC team would have been favored against anyone in the East other than the Patriots.

You are not educated on this topic.

NE was hit hard by injuries in 2015 and 2013. You can also argue 2011 was lost because of Gronk being unavailable.

It means our coach has shut down the best offense of all time he can do it again. You a little dense?

Actually SEVERAL times.....repeatedly.

St Louis in the SB.......Buffalo as a DC in the 1991 SB......The Manning Colts, 2-1 in AFCCG's with the only last minute loss because half the Patriots were playing with the flu (haven't heard any reports of that this week).

Falcons fans, you have every right to be excited. We have simply seen this movie too many times before.

We WOULD be nervous if this were the NY Giants, Denver Broncos, Baltimore Ravens, etc in a SB or AFCCG.

Get the point by now?

So I suppose the fact that the Atlanta offense faced the second hardest schedule of opposing defenses, and the Patriots D faced the easiest schedule of opposing offenses doesn't make you question how good your D really is? Even just a little?

The Rams (16 years ago, btw) had Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. That was about it. The Bills K-Gun offense was over 25 years ago. Not a single player from either defense is still playing for BB. That was a long time ago. I fail to see the relevance of either in 2017. Dan Quinn's defense with Seattle in 2013 destroyed Peyton Manning's high scoring offense in the Super Bowl. Does that mean his defense will destroy the Pats O this year? But keep bringing up the past, if it makes you feel better about Sunday. Who am I to judge?

While one of your reporters was gushing about Brady throwing a TD to your 3rd string TE, Matt Ryan was throwing one to his 4th and 5th string TE's on the same day (this was the 5th string guy's first pro game ever). He threw an NFL record TD pass to thirteen different receivers.

You keep bringing up garbage time scoring against Atlanta's D as a way to make yourself feel better about the game, but I can promise you that they are much better than you think. Much better. They've certainly faced much better offenses throughout the year. I am just saying, don't be surprised if you only score 13 to 17 up until there is about 4 mins left, and then you add one or two late scores to pull within 7 of the Falcons who by then is playing prevent to close the game.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen. There truly isn't a weakness. No matter what part of the offense you take away, they will exploit the mismatches. They have playmakers from all of the WRs, to all of the TEs, to all of the backs. It is a true pick your poison offense. Ryan became the first QB in history to post 6 straight games with over 120 QB rating.

Having said all of that, I do believe your D is solid, and your offense is as well. Any other year I'm counting this as a loss, but hoping for a win. This year, though, I don't know how to describe it. Everything just feels different. You can see it from the coaches down to the players. The have a swagger to them, a quiet confidence, like they know they can beat anybody, and this moment isn't too big for them. I'll be darned if I don't feel the same way. They may have had some coachable moments throughout the year (like going into prevent way too early, or going for it on 4th down on your side of the field in OT), but after they ironed those issues out during the bye they have straight dominated everyone. Their lone mistake was when Ryan thought Eric Berry was on his team, spotting them 8 points while ST fell for a fake punt. But, you'll doubt them like the rest. You'll see soon enough.

ATL 34
NE 27

Atlanta has been phenomenal since their bye.

7-1 record
37.5 points per game
20.5 points against per game
+17.0 point differential per game
+12 turnover margin

They've been unreal.

New England hasn't been shabby either in their last 8 games.

8-0 record
30.0 points per game
12.9 points against per game
+17.1 point differential per game
+11 turnover margin

Last 4 games

Atlanta:
37.8 points per game
22.3 points per game
+15.5 point differential per game
+7 turnover margin

New England:
36.5 points per game
12.5 points against per game
+24.0 point differential per game
+8 turnover margin

In all the Atlanta hype talking about how great they've been recently, the fact of the matter is...

New England has been better.

It's that simple.

That doesn't tell us who will win on Sunday. We have no idea. One bounce of a fumbled ball could totally change the game. But not only have the Patriots been better over the course of the whole season, they've been better the second half of the year when Atlanta has been at their best, and they've also been better over their last four games than Atlanta has.

Should be a great game.

They should be favored (did anyone say otherwise?) with their offense, but I would disagree with that outside the dome and on the road (the Falcons have had really bad D, but the Saints have no D). The NFC South (other than the Bucs briefly this year) doesn't have a team with a D (and those are the teams that wear down opponents twice a year in divisional games). The Bills and Dolphins have comparable points allowed to the Bucs, but with better offenses. The Jets and Panthers have about the same D, with the Panthers scoring much more.

Generally, a relatively objective NFL claim will give that award to the AFC North or NFC West as toughest divisions. This year, it's probably the AFC West. The NFC South tends to be the division pushing a .500 type team into the playoffs when the other teams are worse, so I would not go there with the tough division rhetoric. History (and this year) indicates otherwise. Other than the Jets, the AFC East teams win their games outside the division (the Pats are 14-2, meaning they beat everybody they played with the lone non-divisional loss to the Hawk the week the defense was re-shuffled with the trade of a Pro Bowl LB and with Earl Thomas, Chancellor and a healthy Sherman on the Hawks D).

For the Falcons, consider this Pats team the current Saints with an actual defense. The Falcons defense has been horrible all season (6th worst in the entire NFL in points allowed, which should never happen with a prolific offense as offenses have to throw to catch up so the defense is predictably against passing offenses), and the Pack meltdown in the first half does not suggest they found a defense (the Pack have no defense either, so the offense has to press to score, which leads to mistakes/turnovers). I would be amazed if they score every time as they would against the Saints, which means a similar game flow will go ugly for the Falcons.

With that said, I respect th Falcons organization and expect this game to go to the wire. The Pats D can scheme against any team, and no offense has shown to be unstoppable against a healthy Pats D. The Falcons D needs to figure out how to play D, or I expect it will get monkey-stomped against a very complex and well-executed offense. They need to find a way to pressure Brady, or he will carve that secondary into little pieces.

The difference between the Pats and Atlanta offense is 3 points. The difference between the defense is nearly 10. NE is top 3 in the league in each of redzone, Special teams, and YAC defense. ATL is the worst in the league in each of those categories.

There's nothing on paper or in history that favors Atlanta even slightly. Their defense is young,which will make it very difficult to stop the smarted QB who has seen it all. They don't have the guys to get pressure up the middle and that is the only way to slow the offense down.

You accused me of ignorance on the AFC East. I'm going to call you on the same here. I've had this debate in many threads. Our scoring defensive stat is just a number.
  • Atlanta played 6 games against top 10 scoring offenses vs. only 2 games against bottom 10 scoring offenses.
  • We have given up far more points in the 4th quarter than any other quarter. Soft 3 deep zones while playing with cushy leads.
  • We have given up far fewer points since switching defensive schemes in the 2nd half of they year. We have faced a weaker offensive slate over that stretch (saving you the time).
  • Atlanta has played against some of the "whose who's" of QBs. NE has faced the "whose that" of QBs.
What is important about our defense is they hit like a hammer and create disruptive plays in between all those empty yards and points. NE will move the ball and they will score. They will also be all bruised up when the game is over.

History is my favorite subject. This season, lifelong Falcons fans have a growing disregard for history. This team is not like Mike Smith teams, Jim Mora teams, or Dan Reeves teams. They play with an edge and they play for each other. For 50 years Falcons fans have been looking over our shoulder waiting for the next shoe to fall. This season something changed in week 8 and the team isn't the same anymore.

History said Wilson and his ring would beat us.

History said Rodgers and his ring would beat us.

History says Brady and his rings will beat us.

While it will never be rational to someone who hasn't been a Falcons fan for 40+ years, this team defies historical norms. They are either too young to remember or too old to care.

We understand that our confidence is disrespectful to Patriots fans. Please understand that our confidence has nothing to do with the Patriots, it is all about the Falcons. We do know how great the Patriots are. We also know they can be beat on this stage, and we've earned our shot at doing it. We expect success not because anything is wrong with your team, but because a lot is right about ours.

Hey Falcons fans, we do like you, and we hope you enjoy the runup to the big game tomorrow.

Enjoy your fifteen minutes, we'll be here for another decade........

8XLJPDaE_bigger.jpg

Cap Space=$5,292,335‏@patscap 1h1 hour ago

In 2017 the Patriots will have the most cap space ever for them during the BB era and it is not even close.

.....and hmmmm.......how many high draft picks do the Pats get for Jimmy Garropolo? An rxtra 3rd rounder for Jamie Collins????

OMG, this draft is going to be epic.

But I digress...

Having said all of that, I do believe your D is solid, and your offense is as well. Any other year I'm counting this as a loss, but hoping for a win. This year, though, I don't know how to describe it. Everything just feels different. You can see it from the coaches down to the players. The have a swagger to them, a quiet confidence, like they know they can beat anybody, and this moment isn't too big for them. I'll be darned if I don't feel the same way. They may have had some coachable moments throughout the year (like going into prevent way too early, or going for it on 4th down on your side of the field in OT), but after they ironed those issues out during the bye they have straight dominated everyone. Their lone mistake was when Ryan thought Eric Berry was on his team, spotting them 8 points while ST fell for a fake punt. But, you'll doubt them like the rest. You'll see soon enough.

ATL 34
NE 27

Our defense is considerably better than yours. Our offense is statistically not much worse since Brady is back with a lot of potential to be still more effective. You might still win the game but only if you come up with more turnovers... expecting anything else will lead to a pretty brutal awakening soon..

The only way the Patriots can really keep us under 30 is if they are able to run the ball and control the clock or if Atlanta commits turnovers.

The Rams (16 years ago, btw) had Bruce, Holt, and Faulk. That was about it.

I am just saying, don't be surprised if you only score 13 to 17 up until there is about 4 mins left, and then you add one or two late scores to pull within 7 of the Falcons who by then is playing prevent to close the game.

Atlanta has the best offense I have ever seen.

The have a swagger to them, a quiet confidence, like they know they can beat anybody, and this moment isn't too big for them.

If the divisions had played each other, those numbers would mean something. The 7-9 Saints (3rd place team) would be favored over everyone in that division other than the Patriots. They same could not be said for the 7-9 Bills vs the Saints, Bucs, and Jets.

NE claws through minimal resistance and shows up fresh and ready in the playoffs every year.

What is important about our defense is they hit like a hammer and create disruptive plays in between all those empty yards and points.

Falcon fans sure are covering themselves in glory in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back