PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Festivus: Who disappointed PatsFans the most this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins deffo disappointed me. Couldn't match us loss for win. Real pissoff!

:D

But seriously, I'm between Mangini and Peter King for the sheer impact of their actions on the Pats' legacy.

It has to be Roger Goodell.

1) He slams the Patriots with a historic penalty

2) His wife works for Fox, Fox mysteriously gets a copy of the Patriots tape. He launches a vigorous investigation which turns up ********

3) The NFL’s investigation into the sound complaints of the Colts pumping in noise consists of a single call to CBS who state they were responsible for the skipping sound but not the crowd noise. Investigation over but the stadium is strangely silent the next home game.

4) The Jets admit repeatedly violating the exact same rule the Patriots broke and the NFL and former Jets employee Goodell quickly comes out and say it is legal.

Dude, we always do the airing of grievances before the feats of strength.

My grievance is people that want to move on to feats of strength before the grievances are done.

My other grievance is having my ass handed to me in the feat of strength.

Peter King is my grievance.

Peter King represents a guy who is intimately involved in destroying the NFL while pretending to be involved in journalism. Why a destruction of the NFL? Because he knows, we know, and most fans SHOULD know, that the Spygate thing has to disappear because of what several other high profile teams have been doing in similar fashion. If King continues to dig he will hit the Mother Lode and the NFL product will be about as credible as The Yellow Brick Road.

My personal opinion is that the Patriots have been good citizens by keeping their mouths shut about what they know about the Jets and other teams. If King is successful in skewering the Patriots, the Patriots will have no choice but to "out" the other teams and that is obviously not good for the sport. If you are asking me the commish has an unspoken agreement with the Patriots to allow Spygate to disappear in return for them keeping family matters inside the family. Fans of other teams who despise the Patriots for "getting off the hoook so easily" don't really get it. They do not understand the real nature of the game they are watching, or the unseen activities of their own teams. Their own teams will go down if the Patriots go down because the scandal, if you can call it that, is widespread.

And it's not a scandal except to morons who want it to be a scandal for reasons of jealousy. That is really the only way they can help take the Patriots down to the level of their own teams that can't stand up to the Patriots on the field. It's much ado about nothing, but in the world of guilt and hypocrisy, it's a big deal.

The NFL is a cheater league, if you want to think of spying as cheating, and in a weird way that is sort of what makes it great. Everybody is working overtime to get the advantage. Take that away and I'm afraid that you remove an important aspect of a competitive situation.

The thing that annoys me most about King is his sanctimonious approach and his insistence in ignoring what the other teams have been caught doing, even this year. Spygate was a gnat compared to other incidences, except for the fact that the most successful team in the league did it. To hold one team out because of their success is stupid and disingenuous. They all do it, every week, in one form or another.

I am disappointed in ESPN as a whole. Too many reasons to take a collective dump on them, either it be Wilbon, Hoge, Tom "They hate their coach" Jackson, or basically anybody not named Keyshawn Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back