PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Festivus: Who disappointed PatsFans the most this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I was reading Patriots Football Weekly and have to agree wholeheartedly with the columnist who singled out Peter King for his Festivus Award.

Indeed I think most of us would agree with this. The author (Bruce Allen I think? I can't link as its a subscription service) points out King's numerous "misquotes" where Jason Taylor and Wade Philips went out of their way to note that King had botched their interviews and taken comments out of context.

For me the biggest reason for disappointment in King is his hypocrisy on Spy Gate, ignoring comments made by other coaches that what the Patriots did is being done by other teams, and then refusing to drop the issue while admitting he had no additional facts to backup his conspiracy theories that the Commissioner was involved in a cover up...

And then when information comes out about the Jets taping when Belichick clearly states that no permission was given, does he take up the issue with even a fraction of the zeal? Actually I don't think he even mentions it.

So for King - someone I used to enjoy reading and had a lot of respect for - this year marks a serious downturn in the quality of his writing and reporting - and I second his nomination for the 2007 Festivus Award.

Any other nominees?

Lawrence Maroney.

Based on the number of Anti-Lawrence posts on PatsFans.com this year... I'm not that crazy about him but he can get the job done.

I second Peter King. He was awful. He was incompetent and unfair bordering on unethical. If his name weren't Peter King, he would've been fired a few times over for the mistakes he made and the BS he spewed.

I also think Easterbrook deserves mentioning. What a total clown that guy is. But at least with him, there's a track record of shadiness and craziness. King is respected, and his buffoonery did far more damage to BB's rep and the view of the Pats than Easterbrook or any other talking head could hope to do.

Tom Brady. Another year without getting off the injury report. No wonder he was a 6th rounder.

Easterbrook was far worse than King at any given point. He insulted Patriots personally and actually inferred that SpyGate could lead to the fall of democracy.

I think that King just got caught up in things, whereas Easterbrook is a true, creepy, sleazy piece of sh*t.

Unless this is an honor reserved for mediots, how about the bandwaggon armchair critics at Patsfans.com? I mean if you're not satisfied with an undefeated season and HFA throughout and 8 Pro Bowlers and a QB/WR tandem taking on the record books and vying for league MVP...just sayin'. :D

Unless this is an honor reserved for mediots, how about the bandwaggon armchair critics at Patsfans.com? I mean if you're not satisfied with an undefeated season and HFA throughout and 8 Pro Bowlers and a QB/WR tandem taking on the record books and vying for league MVP...just sayin'. :D

Yeah but this is Boston/NE though, you'll get that no matter what. Folks in this part of the country love complaining about sports, no doubt. Me, I'd sooner here our own fans bit*hing and moaning needlessly then a bunch of fat blowhard mediots who end up making the entire country hate us for no reason. One is clearly the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Easterbrook was far worse than King at any given point. He insulted Patriots personally and actually inferred that SpyGate could lead to the fall of democracy.

You know what's ridiculous? You're joking, but he actually kind of did infer that...

Lawrence Maroney.

Based on the number of Anti-Lawrence posts on PatsFans.com this year... I'm not that crazy about him but he can get the job done.

Laurence Maroney.:rolleyes:

I nominate the complete weenies who post here on the gameday threads. Each contested game these wimps totally lost faith in the Pats before halftime. Never have I seen such fainthearted fans. It's as if they had absolutely no clue whatsoever how BB approaches a close game and how Brady is calm, cool and focused in the final drives with everything on the line. I'm not referring to folks making critical obervations of a play, player or a coaching decision, I'm referring to those who every close game abandon hope and ignore history when faced with game adversity.

Last edited:
Tubby Ratfink. In my mind, no one else even comes close. While some people believe his creation of spygate helped motivate our team, I think it did more harm than good in terms of public perception outside New England. It also might keep BB from the Coach of the Year honors he so richly deserves.

The Dolphins deffo disappointed me. Couldn't match us loss for win. Real pissoff!

I nominate the complete weenies who post here on the gameday threads. Each contested game these wimps totally lost faith in the Pats before halftime. Never have I seen such fainthearted fans. It's as if they had absolutely no clue whatsoever how BB approaches a close game and how Brady is calm, cool and focused in the final drives with everything on the line. I'm not referring to folks making critical obervations of a play, player or a coaching decision, I'm referring to those who every close game abandon hope and ignore history when faced with game adversity.

We suck I tell ya..SUCK! Maroney's useless, McDaniels is useless, defense blows and oh yeah Maroney is useless.

Seriously, I stopped reading the game threads, they stress me out more than the game does. I wonder what the tally is at Mass General for treating broken knees from people jumping off the wagon.

We suck I tell ya..SUCK! Maroney's useless, McDaniels is useless, defense blows and oh yeah Maroney is useless.

Seriously, I stopped reading the game threads, they stress me out more than the game does. I wonder what the tally is at Mass General for treating broken knees from people jumping off the wagon.

Yep, I hear ya. I'm amazed at how quickly so many of them will say "Our defense sucks, we'll never win a SB with these guys" following any kind of scoring drive by an oppponent.

Meanwhile, they completely ignore when the D makes crucial stops or comes up with a turnover late in a game to help secure a win.

I'd like to think that they're all trolls from other fan bases posing as Pat's fans, but unfortunately it's not that simple.

Let's stop blaming Maroney and get on with the feats of strength.

Dude, we always do the airing of grievances before the feats of strength.

Tom Brady. Another year without getting off the injury report. No wonder he was a 6th rounder.

I'm not sure if Easterbrook or MangIdiot can be classified as disappointments. Did any Patsfans expect much from them?

As for Brady, I think his "questionable shoulder" has gone beyond gamesmanship and is now in the realm of superstition.

How successful have the Pats been while he's been questionable? BB knows he's not fooling anyone with that - I think he doesn't want to tempt fate by making a change.

Furthermore I think it would be hilarious if Brady bows out of the Pro Bowl citing his shoulder!

Maroney running for over 100 yards. It's a Festivus Miracle!

Mr. Kruger: I find your belief system fascinating.
Bill Belichick: It is what it is.

Last edited:
Michael Wilbon.

I really think he's a great columnist. I find that he often has an interesting take, is not generally swayed or caught up in the prevailing media fascination of the day, and is an excellent writer. He has captured very well some of my favorite sports moments. He tends not to be prone to overstatements, but isn't an apologist either when someone needs to be taken to task. His columns are entertaining, and when I lived in Washington, DC, he was one of the first things I turned to in the Post. When he has bias -- with the Bulls or Redskins -- he's admitted it freely and accepts that he might not be able to provide a neutral take.

When my favorite team is involved, I generally respect what he has to say, even if it's tough to read or adversarial.

His injury-Brady article this year, though, was misguided. Everyone deserves a mulligan, and sportswriters never admit they are wrong, so I don't expect him to. I do, though, think he regrets that column a little. But still, I can't forgive him of it. Like everyone else, he chose to focuse on the negative instead of celebrating a great athlete and a wonderful team.

Before I opened your thread I was thinking Roger Goodell, followed closely by Peter King then Gregg Easterbrook, each one for his role in, and/or overblown reaction to, the Spygate crap.

I am sticking with my original thoughts here on Festivus for the Rest of Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back