PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Festivus: Who disappointed PatsFans the most this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know guys, America is an advance technology country. Every second there is a digital signal come down all over you from up space.

so, why let the signal shooting through your body? If there is a signal shooting at me, i'm going to buy something and catch that signal and turn it into picture for free :lol:

now you don't have to pay for comcast, warner, dtv, and dish net at all :D

I'm not sure if Easterbrook or MangIdiot can be classified as disappointments. Did any Patsfans expect much from them?

As for Brady, I think his "questionable shoulder" has gone beyond gamesmanship and is now in the realm of superstition.

How successful have the Pats been while he's been questionable? BB knows he's not fooling anyone with that - I think he doesn't want to tempt fate by making a change.

Furthermore I think it would be hilarious if Brady bows out of the Pro Bowl citing his shoulder!

That is an interesting take. And I almost buy it. But I think it is more of a middle finger to the league injury reporting policy.

Now if this was Parcells doing it I would whole heartidly believe the superstition angle.:D

His injury-Brady article this year, though, was misguided. Everyone deserves a mulligan, and sportswriters never admit they are wrong, so I don't expect him to. I do, though, think he regrets that column a little. But still, I can't forgive him of it. Like everyone else, he chose to focuse on the negative instead of celebrating a great athlete and a wonderful team.

Wilbon also wrote an article about how Sean Taylor deserved to die because he hung out with thugs. His PTI gig has turned him into a sensationalist.

Wilbon also wrote an article about how Sean Taylor deserved to die because he hung out with thugs. His PTI gig has turned him into a sensationalist.

I most definitely did not think his Taylor column was sensationalistic. I thought it was the exact opposite, and I don't think your description is fair, although I don't want to hijack the thread to turn this into a debate about that. Ask yourself if you'd be bothered by the column if you weren't angry at Wilbon for his Brady column.

Wilbon for many years has written on the theme of young black americans and athletes having more personal responsibility and using their fame to attempt to accomplish change. I don't want to start a debate about that either, and it's a subject on which I have neither the experience or ability to speak intelligently or to speak at all. My only point is that this has been a consistent and pervasive theme to Michael Wilbon's work, not something that he has landed upon since PTI.

I'd have to just throw a blanket over ESPN and nominate the whole lot.
Wilbon, Steve Young, Tom Jackson, Skip Bayless, etc.

I most definitely did not think his Taylor column was sensationalistic. I thought it was the exact opposite, and I don't think your description is fair, although I don't want to hijack the thread to turn this into a debate about that. Ask yourself if you'd be bothered by the column if you weren't angry at Wilbon for his Brady column.

Wilbon for many years has written on the theme of young black americans and athletes having more personal responsibility and using their fame to attempt to accomplish change. I don't want to start a debate about that either, and it's a subject on which I have neither the experience or ability to speak intelligently or to speak at all. My only point is that this has been a consistent and pervasive theme to Michael Wilbon's work, not something that he has landed upon since PTI.

I wasn't angry at all at him for his Brady column. Him being black gave him no excuse to write that column. Michael Wilbon made assumptions that were neither here nor there and turned out to be completely false.

Bill Polian

Roger Goodell placing

Don Shula to show

I nominate the complete weenies who post here on the gameday threads. Each contested game these wimps totally lost faith in the Pats before halftime. Never have I seen such fainthearted fans. It's as if they had absolutely no clue whatsoever how BB approaches a close game and how Brady is calm, cool and focused in the final drives with everything on the line. I'm not referring to folks making critical obervations of a play, player or a coaching decision, I'm referring to those who every close game abandon hope and ignore history when faced with game adversity.
I second this nomination if it hasn't alresdy been. The slightest let down, bad call, dropped pass, etc. And Oh No the games lost. And it starts in the second quarter no less. :confused:

Last edited:
i'm going to nominate mangini. going to a divsion rival and tampering with branch was one thing (boys will be boys), but what he did in September was rotten and makes me regret that he was part of winning the superbowl.

I was reading Patriots Football Weekly and have to agree wholeheartedly with the columnist who singled out Peter King for his Festivus Award.

Indeed I think most of us would agree with this. The author (Bruce Allen I think? I can't link as its a subscription service) points out King's numerous "misquotes" where Jason Taylor and Wade Philips went out of their way to note that King had botched their interviews and taken comments out of context.

For me the biggest reason for disappointment in King is his hypocrisy on Spy Gate, ignoring comments made by other coaches that what the Patriots did is being done by other teams, and then refusing to drop the issue while admitting he had no additional facts to backup his conspiracy theories that the Commissioner was involved in a cover up...

And then when information comes out about the Jets taping when Belichick clearly states that no permission was given, does he take up the issue with even a fraction of the zeal? Actually I don't think he even mentions it.

So for King - someone I used to enjoy reading and had a lot of respect for - this year marks a serious downturn in the quality of his writing and reporting - and I second his nomination for the 2007 Festivus Award.

Any other nominees?

Overall......our Punter....Hanson........I went out in the yard just to see if I could do it.....and Yes.....I was able to kick further than 14 yards......in reality,.....I am surprised BB has not gone out and tried to find some kind of replacement....he is PATHETIC!

You know guys, America is an advance technology country. Every second there is a digital signal come down all over you from up space.

so, why let the signal shooting through your body? If there is a signal shooting at me, i'm going to buy something and catch that signal and turn it into picture for free :lol:

now you don't have to pay for comcast, warner, dtv, and dish net at all :D

I don't think you truly understand the nature of Festivas. Have you seen the pole yet?

Box O Rocks.

Miss you, big man! :(

Tom Brady. Anything less than 45 TDs and 35+ points/game in future years and this forum will be full of threads complaining that he's lost it. Way to set the bar unreasonably high there, guy.

Regards,
Chris

Goodell. I thought he would be a decent Commissioner, like Tags and Rozelle.

I worry he'll kill the golden goose.

Obviously, anything you pick for this thread is all but nitpicking, but I've been disappointed in Brandon Meriwether. As a No. 1 pick, he hasn't shown me anything except how to get burned in nickel and dime schemes.

How about Golic? What a douche, that guy picks against the Pats any chance he can...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent?week=14&seasontype=2

He picked against the Pats (straight up, no spread) versus...

Chargers
Colts
Steelers

AKA, basically the only three games there was any chance in hell you could pick against the Pats, he managed to. Helps put in perspective all the anti-Pats shyt he talks on air.

Last edited:
i wanna complain about anyone who thinks they have something to complain about the pats this year. there is nothing to complain about, people.

its fine to bring out the festivus pole out early, but let the feats of strength wait untill the playoffs.

Last edited:
We suck I tell ya..SUCK! Maroney's useless, McDaniels is useless, defense blows and oh yeah Maroney is useless.

Seriously, I stopped reading the game threads, they stress me out more than the game does. I wonder what the tally is at Mass General for treating broken knees from people jumping off the wagon.

I wasn't couldn't watch the game, so i was just refreshing the game thread one time to get an idea what was going on, and I could have sworn we were losing by 80 points, that Brady had 10 picks, and Maroney had -80 yards. Maroney hasn't played great by any means consistently, but he doesn't deserve half the criticism he gets.

I wasn't couldn't watch the game, so i was just refreshing the game thread one time to get an idea what was going on, and I could have sworn we were losing by 80 points, that Brady had 10 picks, and Maroney had -80 yards. Maroney hasn't played great by any means consistently, but he doesn't deserve half the criticism he gets.

Agreed. Game thread behaviour by alleged fans here is a complete disgrace. No sack whatsoever when the bullets are flying.

1. People on this board who think pointing out a flaw means you're a troll/hater/idiot, because God forbid the Patriots have places where the can improve.

2. The trolls. Usually there's some entertaining trolls, but not this year. The only thing anyone says is, "OMG ********* cheaters!" I think it's because they know they're going to get beat, so they don't want to dig in too deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes