• No, Springs will play Safety for us

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • No, Springs will not make the cut

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, who the heck voted on this poll?!

Nickel/dime CB, at best.

Last edited:
Do we even bother with #1 CBs on this team? I thought it was more or less like safety: left and right.

Do we even bother with #1 CBs on this team? I thought it was more or less like safety: left and right.

Law was a #1 CB and so was Asante. The reason you might have thought we didn't bother lately is because Hobbs doesn't have much resemblance to a #1 CB.

Maybe Springs will flourish in the pats scheme, and turn out to be the #1 CB. I think if the season started today, he would be #2.

Springs is a solid signing who offers a veteran presence among second-year players Wheatley and Wilhite. I've predicted that a healthy Wheatley will win the LCB slot, and I don't see that changing. And I still think we'll draft a CB, as the Pats are in position to select the 2nd or 3rd best CB in this draft (if they desire). So that's a lot of youth at CB w/ the rook and the two youngsters...which allows Spring's experience to provide some balance to the position.

Well I have seen Hobbs move to LCB at times, and he's actually pretty frequently matched up against other team's #1. Then again we do play a lot of zone.

Usually you are looking at his back as he is chasing the #1 WR, or the # 2 WR. Sometimes the #3 WR.

The Redskins fans (most of them) seem have a lot of good things to say about him. THey all say he's good when healthy,

Springs Released - Page 8 - The Warpath

i feel a little better about this signing now.

My feeling is that Hobbs is gonna rock the shiz this year with the that new guy on KR's. I think returning kicks was making his play at CB subpar. And even though, I don't think he sucks.

Last edited:
I put no, that he'll be a number 2, but not in a negative way. I'm one of the rare ones who likes Hobbs. I'm in DC, and while Springs couldn't always stay on the field, he's a a really good CB. Now, he turns 34 on March 11th, but I'm hoping for the best. He's always been a top notch player.

Hoping he is a #2 not our #1 CB

I look at this guy as an upgrade over Chad Scott.

Well I have seen Hobbs move to LCB at times, and he's actually pretty frequently matched up against other team's #1. Then again we do play a lot of zone.

We play zone and do not move guys around to match up other teams' WRs. HOWEVER, other teams DO move around and match their #1 WR with Hobbs. That's all we need to know what other OCs think about Hobbs.:(

I don't think he'll make it through camp

I didn't vote because I have no earthly idea. My hope would be for him to be a serviceable #2 and at worse a #3 nickel or dime corner.......I can't recall ever seeing him play. Or perhaps better stated, I never noticed him in particular....

Last edited:
I think he'll be a seasoned vet to help along the young guys, particularly the day 1 CB we're gonna draft :D

He's serviceable and when healthy, he'll be in there for nickel/dime stuff, but that's about it. If he in there, he'll be an upgrade of Tatum O'Neil :rolleyes:

Hobbs CERTAINLY isn't a #1 so i voted for Springs. Hobbs may be a decent #2 or a very good #3. Springs is better.

hahaha, what's the over/under on people who say that Springs is #1 since, for some reason, they still insist that Hobbs is at best a league-average #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back