• No, Springs will play Safety for us

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • No, Springs will not make the cut

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, who the heck voted on this poll?!

Nickel/dime CB, at best.

Last edited:
Do we even bother with #1 CBs on this team? I thought it was more or less like safety: left and right.

Do we even bother with #1 CBs on this team? I thought it was more or less like safety: left and right.

Law was a #1 CB and so was Asante. The reason you might have thought we didn't bother lately is because Hobbs doesn't have much resemblance to a #1 CB.

Maybe Springs will flourish in the pats scheme, and turn out to be the #1 CB. I think if the season started today, he would be #2.

Springs is a solid signing who offers a veteran presence among second-year players Wheatley and Wilhite. I've predicted that a healthy Wheatley will win the LCB slot, and I don't see that changing. And I still think we'll draft a CB, as the Pats are in position to select the 2nd or 3rd best CB in this draft (if they desire). So that's a lot of youth at CB w/ the rook and the two youngsters...which allows Spring's experience to provide some balance to the position.

Well I have seen Hobbs move to LCB at times, and he's actually pretty frequently matched up against other team's #1. Then again we do play a lot of zone.

Usually you are looking at his back as he is chasing the #1 WR, or the # 2 WR. Sometimes the #3 WR.

The Redskins fans (most of them) seem have a lot of good things to say about him. THey all say he's good when healthy,

Springs Released - Page 8 - The Warpath

i feel a little better about this signing now.

My feeling is that Hobbs is gonna rock the shiz this year with the that new guy on KR's. I think returning kicks was making his play at CB subpar. And even though, I don't think he sucks.

Last edited:
I put no, that he'll be a number 2, but not in a negative way. I'm one of the rare ones who likes Hobbs. I'm in DC, and while Springs couldn't always stay on the field, he's a a really good CB. Now, he turns 34 on March 11th, but I'm hoping for the best. He's always been a top notch player.

Hoping he is a #2 not our #1 CB

I look at this guy as an upgrade over Chad Scott.

Well I have seen Hobbs move to LCB at times, and he's actually pretty frequently matched up against other team's #1. Then again we do play a lot of zone.

We play zone and do not move guys around to match up other teams' WRs. HOWEVER, other teams DO move around and match their #1 WR with Hobbs. That's all we need to know what other OCs think about Hobbs.:(

I don't think he'll make it through camp

I didn't vote because I have no earthly idea. My hope would be for him to be a serviceable #2 and at worse a #3 nickel or dime corner.......I can't recall ever seeing him play. Or perhaps better stated, I never noticed him in particular....

Last edited:
I think he'll be a seasoned vet to help along the young guys, particularly the day 1 CB we're gonna draft :D

He's serviceable and when healthy, he'll be in there for nickel/dime stuff, but that's about it. If he in there, he'll be an upgrade of Tatum O'Neil :rolleyes:

Hobbs CERTAINLY isn't a #1 so i voted for Springs. Hobbs may be a decent #2 or a very good #3. Springs is better.

hahaha, what's the over/under on people who say that Springs is #1 since, for some reason, they still insist that Hobbs is at best a league-average #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft