• No, Springs will play Safety for us

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • No, Springs will not make the cut

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the team's sake, I hope you're right about him staying healthy this year. So far, in his 12-year career, he has only played four complete seasons. I see your point, though, and its duly noted. Again, I'm hoping you're right about him staying healthy this year. After the year of "attrition" we just had, I hope that we can keep more of our key guys on the field.

I wonder how Belichick will run this scheme now that he has alot of depth in the defensive backfield. B/c this is a passing league now, it doesn't hurt to have a cornerback rotation like they do on the DL.

I wonder how Belichick will run this scheme now that he has alot of depth in the defensive backfield. B/c this is a passing league now, it doesn't hurt to have a cornerback rotation like they do on the DL.

I agree. The thing to remember, however, is that a strong front 7 is, in many instances, more important that the defensive backfield. If we can further solidify the front 7, especially with the addition of Peppers or Taylor, that does even more to enhance the changes to the secondary.

There's no box to check that he's our #3 CB.

Leigh Bodden will be the best corner on the team, in my estimation.

According to reports that is true but we'll see what happens in camp. I see what you're saying on Wilfork but he CAN'T play DE and Springs CAN play S because he's done so in the past. DB's are interchangeable in some cases and play different roles in nickel and dime sets. Don't get me wrong though I'm not saying he can't start at CB.

From Reiss today:
cornerback Shawn Springs playing safety-like responsibilities in sub packages.

http://espn.go.com/boston/columns/blog?post=4525036&name=reiss

comparing the two corps of cb's b/w this year and last year, we can almost say we didnt have cb's last season...

And hopefully this defense is now starting to gel. Giving up only 10 points to the Falcons last week while shutting down Gonzo was pretty impressive. Looking forward to seeing further strides from our defense against the Ravens. Flacco has been hot lately. It's about time for the Pats defense to turn his streak cold. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes