PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it me, or is Polian back to his sound games again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you sure talk about inbreds alot, anything you want to tell us?

yeah..your Mommy/Sis told your Daddy/Uncle you aren't even her kid...tough break...look on the bright side, at least you'll get to be a milkman someday...like Daddy

you sure talk about inbreds alot, anything you want to tell us?

yeah..your Mommy/Sis told your Daddy/Uncle you aren't even her kid...tough break...look on the bright side, at least you'll get to be a milkman someday...like Daddy

OMG you talk like your in junior High, I think its way past your bed time there little boy..

just talking down to your level ,junior

try a spelling class sometime, BTW...half your posts are so butchered we need a Zippy the Pinhead decoder to translate them

just talking down to your level ,junior

try a spelling class sometime, BTW...half your posts are so butchered we need a Zippy the Pinhead decoder to translate them

its not my fault your too stupid and don't understand simple english

its not my fault your too stupid

heh...your Honor...I rest my case

its not my fault your too stupid

heh...your Honor...I rest my case

rest your case for what? That you are too stupid to understand simple english?

Last edited:
You're a moron

oh wait...you're TOO STUPID to realize it...I'll put it in terms you can understand

Your a moron

You're a moron

oh wait...you're TOO STUPID to realize it...I'll put it in terms you can understand

Your a moron

oh one last jab, spelling police is for morons, don't tell me that you were actually being a moron over a ' I forgot in It's? Thats lame, grow up...ok im done now..

gud won...hugh reely shohed me thiss tyme

I think that in any big game Indy most likely pumps extra sound in. IMO if you went back and looked at what teams complained you'd find that it was a big game for Indy,one that meant something in the standings.And that the team they were playing NE, Pittsburgh ,Jacksonville and a couple of others were tough opponents. Indy wouldn't pump up the sound for the Jets,or Miami.
Just like in the old days when the Pats had a tough opponent in a big game that was fast they'ed leave the tarp off the field if it was going to rain . Or just water down the feild to slow the other team down aka home feild advantage. But at least both teams had to play on a slow field. Its out of bounds when its one sided i.e. loud as hell for the opposing team,and quiete for Indy.

Last edited:
I'm watching the Indy Jacks game and I swear that crowd noise sounds fake as heck.
It sounded like the sound had some distortion in it.
Could Napolian be back to his old tricks again?
I hate to say it, but I agree. I know our posting and thinking this is anecdoctal, but I swear, the drone sounded so monotone and constant and not like a real crowd. And you're right, you look into the stands and people are sitting or even the ones standing don't look overly excited.

I know domes are loud, but I swear I purposely listened early in the game and it just didn't sound like a crowd normally sounds. I dunno. Could be, maybe even probably, nothing. But it did sound weird.

J D Sal

Last edited:
I would not be one bit suprized if Polian had the colts cheating, he knows he will not be punished because the NFL seems to protect the colts. Remember 2005 when the came to new england? the pats had a sunday night game the week before, and indy had A BYE. Then last year the pats had a MNF game in minnesota the week before the indy game. Don't think for a second that the nfl didn't think about the advantage that would give the colts. Not saying that is the reason the pats lost, but it was an advantage for indy.

I hate to say it, but I agree. I know our posting and thinking this is anecdoctal, but I swear, the drone sounded so monotone and constant and not like a real crowd. And you're right, you look into the stands and people are sitting or even the ones standing don't look overly excited.

I know domes are loud, but I swear I purposely listened early in the game and it just didn't sound like a crowd normally sounds. I dunno. Could be, maybe even probably, nothing. But it did sound weird.

J D Sal

How about the part in the 2nd Quarter when the "Let's Go Colts" chant started.

It sounded like this: "Let's Go Colts. Let's Go Colts. S Go Colts. O Colts, O Colts, O Colts. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Static." YESTERDAY by the Beattles starts playing, and then a high pitched noise, followed by a commercial for Depends Undergarments. Then, the play ends, and the the place goes nuts, but nothing is happening on the field. The Colts leave for half time, and a chant of "Defense. Defense. Defense" rings out.

:)

Last edited:
This gets funnier every week.

A couple of things:

Don't you think if some Pats fan watching TV on his couch could determine its fake crowd noise that the NFL could too?

Yes, the Colts fans cheer when the other team has the ball, very LOUDLY, and not when the offense does. As I have read on here, true Pats fans wish their team did the same.

Lastly, the KC game was quieter (game after the NE game) because it basically consisted of missed field goals, I was there, it was hard to get behind inept play.

Otherwise, for the whiney thread someone said the players take on the personality of the head coach. Exactly, Dungys poise, Del Rios undiscipline, BB toughness. To say the Colts players whine constantly or anymore than any other team, I disagree. It happens in every game for every team.

Very Lastly, The Colts getting favorable calls, I would have to agree that the referring is bad, but your just being a homer to think its only one team that is getting the calls. I can watch any game and find you 1/2 dozen calls EITHER way that are poor. Moss did push off a couple of times in games before that was not called, now that he's getting called on phantom PI. BOTH the non called and phantom are poor officiating. There's holding every play, you just can't call it, you'd never be able to have completed play.

I'll say this any coach, organization, GM, player or fan that constantly cries about officiating, just aren't good enough or aren't confident enough to think they can be sucessful and are using built in excuses to be used if they fail. I'll put Polian in this group, he whines as much as any or moreso.

I know there are usually two kinds of people when you go to choose sides in a pick up game of basketball or maybe Thanksgiving 2 hand touch. Those who want to have all the odds stacked in their favor and those who kinda like be on that side that is maybe the underdog, maybe has a disadvantage. I always liked to think you maybe have a little disadvantage and could overcome that to win.

I always would think wow we should beat the other team even if there are some calls that go the other way, not one to say how unfair it is and how much every one is cheating against us.

Anyway, one of the last somewhat tests for the Pats tonight. I'm thinking you won't hear BB or many of the players crying about the officiating or how much they are getting screwed over. Even if their streak goes down.

I'm watching the Indy Jacks game and I swear that crowd noise sounds fake as heck.
It sounded like the sound had some distortion in it.
Could Napolian be back to his old tricks again?
OK, not meaning to be a temptest here, but a few weeks ago I rewatched the 1996 divisional playoff game vs Pittsburgh (the fog bowl). I had always thought the crowd noise from that game sounded funny, it literally sounded "canned" with a sort of echo-y quality to it. Never dwelled much on it, figured it was just how it sounded on TV that day, but now that I think about it, the sound could be consistent with it being piped through a PA system.

Again, not trying to create a firestorm, just an observation. Perhaps others have a tape of that game and can confirm or refute?

LOL. This is truly entertaining.

Looks like Peyton's little schmooface took the corn cob out of his ### and woke up all his boyfriends so they could come defend is pathetic ###.

"the colts audence is trained"

Yeah, apparently so are the officials.

"The dome also aerodynamically helps us because of the way it is designed and the way sound travels toward the field of play"

Wow! They must of tested in a wind tunnel or something. It's rated for speeds up to mach 2.4. They had it up to mach 3 once, but Polian started crying like a little girl. Acoustically, I don't hear as fast a drop off in other team's domes. I guess their fan's aren't 'trained' as well.

In all honesty, I have NO idea if they really do pipe in noise or not. I heard enough to make me think the NFL should really be keeping a tab on it, but I'm not willing to call the Colts cheaters over at without more proof.

I do agree that the Colts get a questionable number of calls go their way game in and game out. I think that has more to do with Polian's whining than anything else though. Squeaking wheel gets the oil. Owning the competition comitte doesn't hurt either.

LOL. This is truly entertaining.

Looks like Peyton's little schmooface took the corn cob out of his ### and woke up all his boyfriends so they could come defend is pathetic ###.

"the colts audence is trained"

Yeah, apparently so are the officials.

"The dome also aerodynamically helps us because of the way it is designed and the way sound travels toward the field of play"

Wow! They must of tested in a wind tunnel or something. It's rated for speeds up to mach 2.4. They had it up to mach 3 once, but Polian started crying like a little girl. Acoustically, I don't hear as fast a drop off in other team's domes. I guess their fan's aren't 'trained' as well.

In all honesty, I have NO idea if they really do pipe in noise or not. I heard enough to make me think the NFL should really be keeping a tab on it, but I'm not willing to call the Colts cheaters over at without more proof.

I do agree that the Colts get a questionable number of calls go their way game in and game out. I think that has more to do with Polian's whining than anything else though. Squeaking wheel gets the oil. Owning the competition comitte doesn't hurt either.
It is very flattering that folks feel we ARE piping in the noise. Yesterday's game was no where near as loud as AFCCG. I attended both, lower level for both. Loud yes, but piped in? No way. Funny, cause MSA was even LOUDER in playoffs versus Bulls. But no one whined then. We cheer for our teams, you guys sit on your hands:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft