PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it me, or is Polian back to his sound games again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds fake and had distortion? Since you weren't at the game I'm guessing you are judging this based on TV sound, right?

There is this annoying habit at the dome of sitting down at times. I guess it's to be polite to those behind you that don't want to stand. I have been asked several times to sit down. It bugs me, but oh well. But since when do you have to stand to yell. I yell nearly every play when the other team has the ball, regardless of whether I'm sitting or standing.

Why does this surprise anyone? When the other team has the ball you yell your head off and you don't make a peep when your team has the ball. That's Home Fan 101.

Nope. One photographer said yellow jacket security guard told him so. :rolleyes:

How can you say it sounds fake if you are not there? I know people complain about how quiet the Razor is, but that doesn't mean a loud stadium has to be fake.

DID Nance and Simms ever speak of the crowd in last season's AFCCG?? Cause it was much louder then. It's all media driven guys. They see a story, and way to stir controversy, and they do it. The TV feed last year did NO JUSTICE to the noise level in the Dome last year. They controlled their back ground noise somehow.

. Funny, cause MSA was even LOUDER in playoffs versus Bulls. But no one whined then. We cheer for our teams, you guys sit on your hands:rolleyes:

Easily louder!!! I was at game 6 in the 98 playoffs against the Bulls, at Market Square Arena, it was the loudest thing I've ever heard, ever.

OK, not meaning to be a temptest here, but a few weeks ago I rewatched the 1996 divisional playoff game vs Pittsburgh (the fog bowl). I had always thought the crowd noise from that game sounded funny, it literally sounded "canned" with a sort of echo-y quality to it. Never dwelled much on it, figured it was just how it sounded on TV that day, but now that I think about it, the sound could be consistent with it being piped through a PA system.

Again, not trying to create a firestorm, just an observation. Perhaps others have a tape of that game and can confirm or refute?

So now you think the Steelers have fake noise now? maybe its time for everybody here to upgrade there tv.

How about the part in the 2nd Quarter when the "Let's Go Colts" chant started.

It sounded like this: "Let's Go Colts. Let's Go Colts. S Go Colts. O Colts, O Colts, O Colts. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Static." YESTERDAY by the Beattles starts playing, and then a high pitched noise, followed by a commercial for Depends Undergarments. Then, the play ends, and the the place goes nuts, but nothing is happening on the field. The Colts leave for half time, and a chant of "Defense. Defense. Defense" rings out.

:)

That must have been a TV only thing. I was at the game and never heard what you are talking about.

That must have been a TV only thing. I was at the game and never heard what you are talking about.

LOL I get a chuckle out of the crap they come up with every week, you would think with their 11-0 record and perfect season more then likely coming up, that they wouldn't obsess over the Colts anymore...

LOL I get a chuckle out of the crap they come up with every week, you would think with their 11-0 record and perfect season more then likely coming up, that they wouldn't obsess over the Colts anymore...

I get a chuckle with Colts fans still coming to the Pats boards. Talk about obsession. Get over it! You guys lost!

I get a chuckle with Colts fans still coming to the Pats boards. Talk about obsession. Get over it! You guys lost!

we didn't lose when it really counted though, you might have the regular season win but we got the AFCCG, I will take that over any regular season win anytime..

I'm rather old and the memory does sometimes play tricks on me but I seem to remember a time (perhaps in the 70's) when if the crowd noise prevented the O-line from hearing the QB, the home team would be penalized.

What ever happened to that rule (if there ever was one) and wouldn't its resurrection (implementation) obviate the need for the Colts to artificially enhance their crowd noise?

Just a thought.

I'm rather old and the memory does sometimes play tricks on me but I seem to remember a time (perhaps in the 70's) when if the crowd noise prevented the O-line from hearing the QB, the home team would be penalized.

What ever happened to that rule (if there ever was one) and wouldn't its resurrection (implementation) obviate the need for the Colts to artificially enhance their crowd noise?

Just a thought.

Pretty sure, its an un enforced rule, still.

How horrible would it be to go to a game and not be able to scream at the top of your lungs in support of your team, though.

I look forward to coming home hoarse those couple of games I get to go to each year. Thats half the fun, to think you can help your own team by making crazy noise.

Just a thought.

I think it was in the late 80's or early 90's. Regardless of being a Colts fan, I think it was a silly rule. It's called home field for a reason. Why not just build 16 fields in a vacuum and not let fans attend?

because the players and refs would DIE in a vacuum? duh

Ya, but you wouldn't have any problems to get sponsors stepping up for naming rights.

The idea sucks, don't get swept up in it.

I know, I know......
That was quite possibly the most ugghh inducing pun I've ever seen. I applaud you sir.

That was quite possibly the most ugghh inducing pun I've ever seen. I applaud you sir.

Wow, thanks!! I've just realized I've officially turned into my father and his sense of humor, hey, pull my fing..... OMG STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, thanks!! I've just realized I've officially turned into my father and his sense of humor, hey, pull my fing..... OMG STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...my suggestion?...try "Ice Pick Shampoo"....a million tiny holes in the skull might slow you down.

because the players and refs would DIE in a vacuum? duh

Not John Travolta!

this may very well only be funny to me, I apologize in advance. :)

Last edited:
thats not true, they said the penalty for anybody getting caught pipping in noise is $10,000, but the penalty for the pats was 500,000 and a first round draft pick, so what they are saying were doing is a slap on the wrist compared to taping signals..

No one seems to remember that WHAT the Patriots were doing was COMPLETELY LEGAL. Every team is allowed to record the game from designated positions around the stadium.
They broke the rules by recording from sideline. They got in troubles for doing some LEGAL, from the WRONG place. They didn't DO anything illegal (see Wade Phillips), they broke an NFL rule by recording game tape from the sideline.

All this 'cheating' talk is funny. It stems from people who don't know what they're talking about if you ask me ;)

All this 'cheating' talk is funny. It stems from people who don't know what they're talking about if you ask me ;)

Sorry, but they do know what they're talking about. They know it's inaccurate and they just don't care.

Besides it's easier for them to live with their own defeats if they can rationalize something underhanded about their losses and the Patriots' victories.

After all, how could that Patriots' "Patchwork Secondary" defeat the great and mighty Oz... Oops sorry, I meant Peyton (isn't that a girl's name?) Manning?

No one seems to remember that WHAT the Patriots were doing was COMPLETELY LEGAL. Every team is allowed to record the game from designated positions around the stadium.
They broke the rules by recording from sideline. They got in troubles for doing some LEGAL, from the WRONG place. They didn't DO anything illegal (see Wade Phillips), they broke an NFL rule by recording game tape from the sideline.

LOL it goes both ways, all this noise crap stems from people who don't know what they're talking about if you ask me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back