PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Insufferable Crybabies (Felger/Mazz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Stop listening to those two. Your life will improve.

2. The only thing I thought was odd about Collinsworth's comments — and he made them more than once —is that he seemed to be limiting them to the local media and fans. The national media was at least as bad as far as piling it on. His points were valid, but the over-reaction to one game wasn't limited to crazy New Englanders.

It is good advice. The "local media" needs to get a big pointed stick in the eye, and Collinsworth, who resided in Boston in his college years, knows that what passes for sports commentators, deserve it...

Outsiders who adhere to other team are granted a reprieve.

It is good advice. The "local media" needs to get a big pointed stick in the eye, and Collinsworth, who resided in Boston in his college years, knows that what passes for sports commentators, deserve it...

Outsiders who adhere to other team are granted a reprieve.
Collinsworth's college years were, I believe, spent in Gainesville playing for the University of Florida.

Collinsworth is a bad ass.

Pat McInally played for Harvard and later, the Bengals. People ALWAYS confuse the two when it comes to college affiliation. Collinsworth followed him with the Bengals six years later. Collinsworth is 6'5", McInally 6'6". Time obscures memories it would seem...except for the timeless Joe Kerr.

I hate to say it, but Felger and Mazz were spot on. I have been very pro Brady, pro Belichick and pro Patriots in general. But the signs are there. I don't think Brady has been happy with what has taken place with the personnel decisions this team has made over the past couple years...and when you couple that with the drafting of Garropolo that high, not doing much in the way of adding offensive help in the draft or through free agency, trading Mankins, losing coaches, and LOSING...largely due to bad offensive line play...then you have those tensions and frustrations come out even more.

Now, do I think it's enough to derail this team? No. But, if we continue to lose games and play poorly (unlike last night of course)...then who knows what will happen.

I don't think Brady has been up to standard this year- or last to be honest. Even last night he missed some throws that he even had time on. But I think he can still be elite...especially if he has playmakers and a top offensive line, which he doesn't really. They should be and should have been trying to make the most out of the end of his career. Garropolo shouldn't see the field until 2017 at the earliest, if the Patriots do things right. That may be wishful thinking....but the bottom line is you're kidding yourself if you don't think there's been some tension. Collinsworth even said in the broadcast how shocked he was how many reps Jimmy G was getting in practice with the first team.

There is no argument from me that BB has had the majority of his attention directed to rebuilding the Defense.

Still over the past 4+ years he has also reconstructed the Offense emphasizing good, but not great players. He has used his premium picks on Defense, but also spent high and mid-high picks on the Offense, too.

He has spent high picks for, the outside OTs, including the highest First Rounder, the Pats have had on a LOT, in the past few years. He has in alternate years spent on RB corps, the TE corps, (including drafting APerp, and even trading for APerp Hernandez replacement), and invested in the WRs corp, last year. He has even drafted a pair of QBs behind Brady.

The Offense has NOT been neglected; it just has needed less attention while it finished in the Top 3 Offenses, in two of the last three seasons. There are more potential Superstars on the Defense certainly, but the Offense can claim at least two future HOF players, Brady and Gronkowski, on todays roster.
Collinsworth's college years were, I believe, spent in Gainesville playing for the University of Florida.

I thought he was a Harvard man?

why do we give that clown and the morons who parrot what he says any extra attention?

i feel like im gonna lose my mind

we just had a great victory to right the ship......and we still haven't moved on from this stuff

all the BB vs Brady stuff can wait at least till the off-season, right?

There is no argument from me that BB has had the majority of his attention directed to rebuilding the Defense.

Still over the past 4+ years he has also reconstructed the Offense emphasizing good, but not great players. He has used his premium picks on Defense, but also spent high and mid-high picks on the Offense, too.

He has spent high picks for, the outside OTs, including the highest First Rounder, the Pats have had on a LOT, in the past few years. He has in alternate years spent on RB corps, the TE corps, (including drafting APerp, and even trading for APerp Hernandez replacement), and invested in the WRs corp, last year. He has even drafted a pair of QBs behind Brady.

The Offense has NOT been neglected; it just has needed less attention while it finished in the Top 3 Offenses, in two of the last three seasons. There are more potential Superstars on the Defense certainly, but the Offense can claim at least two future HOF players, Brady and Gronkowski, on todays roster.

I thought he was a Harvard man?
As Joker pointed out, you may have been thinking about Pat McInally another Bengals receiver who did go to Harvard.

As Joker pointed out, you may have been thinking about Pat McInally another Bengals receiver who did go to Harvard.

You are probably correct. I stand corrected. My apologies.

You are probably correct. I stand corrected. My apologies.
Good God, with all of the nonsense that goes on here periodically, I don't think an apology is necessary for this capital offense on your part!

Good God, with all of the nonsense that goes on here periodically, I don't think an apology is necessary for this capital offense on your part!

But when I am wrong, I admit it,and don't bluster forever. As soon as Pat McInally name was mentioned, I remembered that he was the Cinci WR that went to Harvard, that I had confused with Collinsworth.

But when I am wrong, I admit it,and don't bluster forever. As soon as Pat McInally name was mentioned, I remembered that he was the Cinci WR that went to Harvard, that I had confused with Collinsworth.
The death penalty will be forthcoming. Enjoy your day- it may be your last!

I cannot listen to Felger/Mazz anymore. What a bunch of babies. They are crying their eyes out because Collinsworth/Michaels absolutely railroaded the local media last night during the broadcast of the game. I was so glad to hear some rational broadcasters. It was refreshing.
Brady could leave this year or next. I can't see that happening, but a lot of things surprise me. I think it's OK to discuss and speculate on this on THURSDAY. I tuned in Monday for a little homerism and all I got was this crap. Changing to the other sports station, I got the same thing. I switched to some music. I have always avoided sports talk after a bad game, but now I am avoiding it altogether.

Pat McInally played for Harvard and later, the Bengals. People ALWAYS confuse the two when it comes to college affiliation. Collinsworth followed him with the Bengals six years later. Collinsworth is 6'5", McInally 6'6". Time obscures memories it would seem...except for the timeless Joe Kerr.

PM me. I have some questions about what it was like in the Pleistocene era.

PM me. I have some questions about what it was like in the Pleistocene era.

Jet fans were still looking for any kind of win...as you can see, Tumuk is telling Gackacook.."No supe for you..ugg..."

large__seimas_s.jpg

"Calm down, it was the Bills, they gifted you 13 points" -Felger

So what about the other 24 points? And just putting Collins INT aside for arguments sake McCourty and Jones made forced those "gifts"

It's what they do; after evry win minimize the opponent and discredit the pats becuase "its the bills, raiders, vikings, bengals" and after every loss pile on. The only game for which they and the media will give credit is if they beat denver, gb, or sd...that's it. Detroit could roll into foxboro at 8-3 and if the pats beat them it'd be "its the lions, its Matthew Stafford. .."...felger and mazz are becoming a shaughnessy column; filled with the same material game after game...

But people are tuning in to see what they say next. Its the Howard Stern phenomenon. The Howard haters listen twice as long as his fans do.

Brilliant strategy.

But people are tuning in to see what they say next. Its the Howard Stern phenomenon. The Howard haters listen twice as long as his fans do.

Brilliant strategy.

Effective but hardly brilliant. Its all the Boston media knows how to do.

Howard at least seems like a fun guy, funny and maybe even someone you'd want to have a beer with.

What gets me, is that they genuingly come across as egotists who think their brand of pessimistic cynism makes them somehow superior to anyone showing optimism or enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back