PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Insufferable Crybabies (Felger/Mazz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster is welcome to produce the quote, naturally. With the site's search function not working properly, I've done multiple Google searches looking for any time I might have posted such a thing. The only time Google pulled up the phrase on Patsfans.com is when that poster used it.
I don't know if you said it like the poster said, but here are some post where you came close.
Chicken coming home to roost? Granted you left a window of escape there with the last sentence.
Word for word, you probably never said it, but you implied it here. Read the two post by you and you will get why he may have such a view in his head.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...chick-is-to-blame.1112365/page-8#post-3926707
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...hick-is-to-blame.1112365/page-11#post-3927604
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The below paragraph is not to you Deus
That thread is an embarrassment to some members on this board. Going back and reading that, I am amazed people went that overboard. Comparing to the tone now, it reeks of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I don't know if you said it like the poster said, but here are some post where you came close.
Chicken coming home to roost? Granted you left a window of escape there with the last sentence.
Word for word, you probably never said it, but you implied it here. Read the two post by you and you will get why he may have such a view in his head.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...chick-is-to-blame.1112365/page-8#post-3926707
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...hick-is-to-blame.1112365/page-11#post-3927604

Hell, I have that thread bookmarked. I made my comments about as clear as one can, so I'm not sure where you think something more was implied. In a thread asking about whether the getting rid of Mankins was Belichick's biggest mistake, I mentioned the Mankins trade as probably being less of a mistake than the Welker situation*. The thread was made after the Chiefs game. Well, what had happened? WR struggles and OL struggles were wreaking havoc on the team. There's no question but that the chickens had come home to roost at that time. The Mankins trade meant that the team was forced to play Devey/Kline/Cannon, with disastrous results. The Welker situation meant that the team was playing with only one receiver who was both healthy and in sync with the QB, and Wright, as the TE2 wasn't the answer for a still improving Gronk. The first four games were so bad that people began to wonder if Brady, who was pulled from that Chiefs game, was "in serious decline" and if the Patriots were "done", and we were stuck hoping the team could fix it. The Patriots were fortunate after that. Stork was healthy enough to enter the lineup, and the OL solidified. LeFell, who had gotten off to a slow start, was able to get on the same page as Brady. The rest is history, leading to another Lombardi.

That's not what was claimed by that poster, though. That poster, Ivan, is trying to take a quote out of context, except that I don't believe I even made the quote he's attributing to me, in the first place. To point out, yet again.... In the 2014 season expectations thread made earlier in the year, I had the Patriots reaching the Super Bowl, and both the offense and defense being among the best in the league. One wouldn't be making such a statement if one were thinking the team was a culmination of mistakes.

But Ivan's gonna Ivan, which is why I have Ivan on ignore.

*For the record: Ivan was vehemently opposed to how the Welker situation went down, making him trying to use the post you're pointing to as some kind of "gotcha" aimed at me all the more hilarious, assuming your post is actually the one to which he is referring.

Hell, I have that thread bookmarked. I made my comments about as clear as one can, so I'm not sure where you think something more was implied. In a thread asking about whether the getting rid of Mankins was Belichick's biggest mistake, I mentioned the Mankins trade as probably being less of a mistake than the Welker situation*. The thread was made after the Chiefs game. Well, what had happened? .....
All I am saying in a few words is that a logical attribution can be made with what you wrote and what Ivan typed that you wrote hence the implication I am referring. This is just my guess. The onus is on Ivan to produce the alleged quotes

All I am saying in a few words is that a logical attribution can be made with what you wrote and what Ivan typed that you wrote hence the implication I am referring. This is just my guess. The onus is on Ivan to produce the alleged quotes

I hear you. I wasn't trying to call you out, although I did/do disagree with you stating that I implied something, so my apologies if I was not clear. I was just trying to give a complete picture of what I'd posted, and the surrounding circumstances.

Anyone who thinks that alleged culmination quote is slanderous and something Deus wouldnt every say hasnt been reading Patsfans.com after the Welker FA, Mankins trade, Kelly release, most Draft Days, or after the Chiefs game.

Deus is incredibly critical of Belichick the GM and like most of us, the rhetoric he uses day to day varies on how heated he is about the subject at that time.

But to be fair, Deus has always been extremely complimentary of Belichick the Coach. I know for a fact that he has used some pretty eye rolling rhetoric about Belichick the GM (because I've called him out for it) but in the top quote below he sums Bill up as a "good" GM -just not the best of all time. While I disagree, I certainly dont have any problem with that.

The fact the he acknowledges that Belichick's average original draft position being a "major impediment" is a real eye opener for me as well. This is major point I like to make when Belichick's drafting IS being harshly criticized. I feel like this point/factor gets grossly underestimated and even dismissed. Because of our unprecedented consistent winning percentage no team in the history of the draft has had to draft in as poor a position as the Patriots. Average draft position of 26 for 14 years straight is a real handicap to restocking a teams talent.

And guess what, we are going to be drafting 32nd this year!! :D :( :D

There are 3 layers that serve as a huge help for BB the general manager (and at least one - average original draft position - that serves as a major impediment), which is part of what makes it so difficult to nail down exactly where BB belongs among GMs:

1.) Has Brady as his QB
2.) Has Bill Belichick as his H.C.
3.) Has a team playing in the AFCE, which has largely been down for over a decade

Comparing BB the GM to someone like, for example, Kevin Colbert, becomes almost an impossible task as a result. Is BB a good GM overall? That seems like the answer would be an undeniable "yes". Is he the best, or among the top 2-3, or the most successful, nevermind "by far the most successful"? That's much more questionable, and gets into a lot of different variables.

Just some notes on this:

1. I'm one of the staunchest defenders of that 2007 team on this board. I certainly don't consider it a failure.
  2. I've been watching the Patriots since the 1970's. I, too, have lived through Ben Dreith, Lisa Olson, Rod Rust, **** McPherson, etc...
  3. Football success being measured by a 3-4 game (post)season is common sense at this point in the Brady era. The man's missed the playoffs only once in his entire career.
  4. 2014 was a great job by Brady and BB the coach. It was, for the most part, a lousy job by BB the GM.

You're welcome to think that the regular season is super duper important to how we should look at this team's success or failure. In an era where 4 of the last 7 Super Bowl champions have had 10 wins or fewer, and the Patriots have not had fewer than 10 wins in the last 11 seasons, I find that difficult to agree with.

Last edited:
I am Zen with drafting 32nd

OK, maybe Tamper Bay has helped a bit with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back