• Not any more I don't

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Remains to be seen

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: In BB We Trust ?

There is little question in my mind that Belichick and the patriots did lots of things wrong. HOWEVER, this post is exactly on point. Kraft and Belichick have more than enough to get a pass forever. For me, it is in the end Bob Kraft that I trust to bring resolution. I have 100% trust and faith in whatever he and Jonathan decide. And until the Krafts says otherwise, it is indeed "In Bill We Trust" as it was when Parcells was our coach.

I would note that this does not prevent me from being pi$$ed at Belichick's continuing flaunting of the NFL, the commissioner's office and NFL rules. But he is our Coach. And in the end, if it's OK with Kraft, it OK with me.

if we're not willing to give a guy who brought us to six consecutive division titles, four AFC championship games and three SB's in six years the benefit of the doubt until we hear from him and Bob Kraft, what are we made of?

Why? If he used illegal methods to win how does that put him in the
same class as Lombardi or Walsh?

PATs Superbowl wins where close. Not saying it did but some could claim
that cheating gave him the edge to win. For example, people could say
without cheating Adam would never have been in the position to make his
game winning FG.
This whole thing is just very bad in it's ripple effect.

okay a.) Its not illegal to steal signs, that is not what is being disputed.
b.) whatever advantage video-taping opposing coaches gave BB, he is nevertheless a brilliant tactician, an extremely knowledgeable and experienced coach, and very good judge of talent.

Why is this even an issue? This is not your wife sleeping with your brother, it's football. If BB did something wrong, he and/or the team will be dealt with by the league and everyone will move forward from there. If he did not, or if he did but the punishment is something like a 4th round draft pick and some cash, all the people crying will look like complete idiots for jumping the gun or overreacting.

Either way, it's just not worth getting worked up about until the 'adjudication' comes down and the ramifications are actually known.

Last edited:

Why is this even an issue? This is not your wife sleeping with your brother, it's football. If BB did something wrong, he and/or the team will be dealt with by the league and everyone will move forward from there. If he did not, or if he did but the punishment is something like a 4th round draft pick and some cash, all the people crying will look like complete idiots for jumping the gun or overreacting.

Either way, it's just not worth getting worked up about until the 'adjudication' comes down and the ramifications are actually known.

Agree totally, however, isn't part of the point of being a member of a board like this is the ability to speculate, rant, rave, and predict? Otherwise, we'd just all shut up and watch the games.

Agree totally, however, isn't part of the point of being a member of a board like this is the ability to speculate, rant, rave, and predict? Otherwise, we'd just all shut up and watch the games.

One or two threads talking about ramifications, right vs. wrong, etc... makes perfect sense. 5 million threads is simply ridiculous. And it's not just the trolls dropping thread after thread onto the board. Also, crying about "trust" as if BB stole cookies from your house, is just childish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back