PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm so proud of our 2007 19-0 attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if there's one thing that this Colts fiasco has done, it has put our 2007 attempt in perspective. I'll be honest when I say that for over a year I found thinking about that whole season so depressing... as if we wasted something great at the end. As if that final loss overshadowed everything before.

But not anymore. We tried. Tirelessly. Belichick gave us every opportunity to do it. We might have failed in the end, but we clearly did all we can -- left nothing on the table. What the Colts did was cowardly and pathetic. It makes me so proud that I don't have to be a fan of such an incredibly stupid team.

I'm so proud of out 2007 Pats and our coach.

proud yes........ but there will always be a pit in my stomach whenever it is brought up

Guy isn't even there. It's a life size poster of old worst stache in the world.

Anyway, I still think the Colts way of handling things Sunday was wrong and Polian's attitude towards the fanbase and saying things like "Our team was horrible" "We weren't executing" "We wouldn't have won with Manning in the game" "It was Caldwell's decision"are really not helping his case either and do bring questions about what will happen to the Colts come playoff time.

Even more interesting was the fact that Polian said 16-0 wasn't important but 23 straight regular season victories is and most wins in the decade is and all the individual stats the players achieved are important.

I saw that too. Lots of contradictions....

I can't understand the Colts.

They traded about 22 minutes of playing time "rest", for a chance at Football immortality. WTF?????

I feel bad for their fans, I really do. Am simultaneously grateful to be a Patriot fan and having BB for a coach. A guy that is not afraid to ENTER THE ARENA in order to achieve greatness, even at the risk of failure.

The only exception is if they make it to the Super Bowl and lose. Then you can't say they choked away perfection, and you can't say they were rusty from lack of meaningful football.

Of course, you also can't call them champions, so there's a silver lining to all scenarios :D

:D And Colts fans are well aware of this and it pisses them off even more.

:D And Colts fans are well aware of this and it pisses them off even more.

It's beautiful isn't it? :D

On one Sunday I got:

1) A Patriots blowout win.

2) A Colts controversial loss.

3) A fantasy football championship win.

Good day for football :D

It's beautiful isn't it? :D

On one Sunday I got:

1) A Patriots blowout win.

2) A Colts controversial loss.

3) A fantasy football championship win.

Good day for football :D

4) A GIANT loss by the Giants in their last game at Giants stadium, knocking themselves out of post-season contention in a gigantically humiliating fashion.

Twas a great football day, indeed! :singing:

Last edited:
For those of you who haven't (or won't) read Whitlock's article, here is a paragraph that made me lmao:

"Knocking boots with Beyonce has never been one of my goals, but if presented the opportunity, you best believe I won’t labor through 20 minutes of foreplay and signal for Curtis Painter to finish the job."

For me, that pretty much sums up the Colts waste of a great opportunity.

"Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn't one more thing you could have done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart?"

The Pats in '07 were perfect.

The Chickens? Fail...

I guess if there's one thing that this Colts fiasco has done, it has put our 2007 attempt in perspective. I'll be honest when I say that for over a year I found thinking about that whole season so depressing... as if we wasted something great at the end. As if that final loss overshadowed everything before.

But not anymore. We tried. Tirelessly. Belichick gave us every opportunity to do it. We might have failed in the end, but we clearly did all we can -- left nothing on the table. What the Colts did was cowardly and pathetic. It makes me so proud that I don't have to be a fan of such an incredibly stupid team.

I'm so proud of out 2007 Pats and our coach.

I agree 100%. I guess I just though that everyone worked like the Patriots do and seeing the Colts run away like frightened little school girls has made me once again realize just how special the Patriots are and what a feat 2007 was. I am no longer bothered by that 16-0 banner. Its something the Colts didn’t have the nuts to even try.

It's pure conjecture to believe that the "pressure" of going undefeated had a negative impact on late-season performance. The Patriots didn't roll over everyone; the wins over Philly and Baltimore were close escapes, and the Giants came to play that last regular-season game. Who's to say the Colts don't have what it takes to be the first 19-0 team? Thanks to Polian, they'll never know.

Of course it is, but then again, we're not on the team so most if not all of what we write is conjecture.

What I find quite gratifying about the Colt's debacle is how it has shown that the Patriots WERE correct to try for glory, something that many of us speculated may have not been the right thing to do (in retrospect).

I too think that the pressure placed on them was enormous and contributed to the Super Bowl loss, they had a grim sort of "let's get this over with" air about them. If they had lost the Raven's game as they should have, then I think they would have been a lot looser and would have rolled over the Giants. Perhaps this is what drove Polian's idiot decision making.

But if they had CHOSEN to not play the starters against the Giants in the final regular season game and then lost, I think they would have not made it to the Big Game for the same reasons I think the Chickens won't. You don't mess with the heads of a successful pro football team like that at a critical juncture of the season. And you've taken away their chance for immortality for no good reason at all. I think the Fat-Headed Bastard just stole his own team's mojo.

Of course it is, but then again, we're not on the team so most if not all of what we write is conjecture.

What I find quite gratifying about the Colt's debacle is how it has shown that the Patriots WERE correct to try for glory, something that many of us speculated may have not been the right thing to do (in retrospect).

I think that since the NFL network is going to show the Patriots Giants regular season finally on Friday, they agree. Let the Colts fans see what a real team is like

The main theme for the season was "Achieving Greatness". The Patriots players and their coach werent scared of achieving the greatness and making history. And while everybody and the stupid Giants fans keep on saying, "18-1", Giants fans know that they wish their team won 3 SBs in 4 seasons and that their team got buttwhooped by the Eagles last year in the playoffs and wont even make the playoffs this year. Besides, wouldn't it be great to have a time machine and go back in time to relive those great moments that you love from the Patriots?

In the spirit of this thread Im going to post the link to an awesome video about the 2007 Patriots and all their accomplishments.

I hope you all watch and appreciate what we had.

2007 Patriots

*Warning there are some scenes about the Superbowl that are very hard to watch. Its worth it though.

In the spirit of this thread Im going to post the link to an awesome video about the 2007 Patriots and all their accomplishments.

I hope you all watch and appreciate what we had.

2007 Patriots

*Warning there are some scenes about the Superbowl that are very hard to watch. Its worth it though.

Thanks, still can't watch anything from Feb 3, 2008. Not sure I ever will, frankly.

That said, great thread, made me really proud of our boys. Great reminder of what an incredible organization we root for. I gripe a bit too much, don't take the time to remember that the Patriots are amazing, have been a wonderful source of football, New England pride, and general classiness.

These kids are also very thankful :rolleyes:

True greatness requires an element of risk. Not that you would understand that or anything. . . .

Last edited:
For Colts fans, I wonder how does it feel rooting for a team where the President tells the coach to throw a game? Especially when it has been shown time and again to lead to the epic fail. How's it feel to be so disrespected by the ownership, to not be cared about? To pay hundreds to see a game that is thrown by the ownership, a President that calls his fans idiots for wanting them to see the team strive for perfection?

I'm glad I don't know what that feels like, rooting for a team that has cowardice at its source.

I am no longer bothered by that 16-0 banner.

This.

I felt bittersweet looking at it until now. Now, it just makes my chest swell with pride. Ummm...thank you Colts? :bricks:

Yes, It makes me proud to know our team had the guts to go for it and almost pull it off. We are the closest that ever has been in the 16 game era, and probably the closest that ever will be.

Oh, and you should listen to the audio of Polians Radio show from Tuesday night. The colts fans buried him and he was getting so mad he started to get high pitched and all whiny sounding :)

I agree 100%. I guess I just though that everyone worked like the Patriots do and seeing the Colts run away like frightened little school girls has made me once again realize just how special the Patriots are and what a feat 2007 was. I am no longer bothered by that 16-0 banner. Its something the Colts didn’t have the nuts to even try.

Great post. Untill Sunday I was one who was torked off seeing that banner. Guess I wasn't sufficiently appreciative of what it took to achieve that milestone. The Colts chickensh!te behaviour in the next to last game of the season put matters into belated perspective for me. You cannot achieve greatness if you eschew even the attempt when it lies within your grasp. A real kick in the nuts to the players.

The wimpy attempt to relieve the pressure on the coaches and players has backfired in an unanticipated manner (1) hostile, unrelenting fan anger (2) now only a SB ring is acceptable given the price paid by tanking the game (3) and if a ring is won, the decision to forgo real record seting all time glory of 19-0 seems really bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft