PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jackson does not come on in [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I know why people love Jackson

I'm going to do something that goes against the grain of some posters here.

I'm going to wait until the end of game 3 of the pre-season and see what he does and if BB keeps him. Then if he makes the team, I'm going to wait 5 games to see how he is doing.

After that time, providing he doesn't spend most of those 5 game out due to injury,then I might declare if CJ is a bust. I learned how to do this after declaring Kevin Faulk a bust after his first 3 seasons of being a Patriot.:eek: I was joined by many other Patriots fans in doing that.

CJ is only 23, which is as young as most rookies. Kevin Faulk was only 23 during his 3rd season.

[/b]

Yesterday I was warned for one of my posts....Yet this guy can call me a meat head, because he does not agree with my post. Great job mods, I see how things work.

You are right. Name calling should not be happening even if that's what you really think. Let's keep the name calling out of the conversations.

I'm going to wait until the end of game 3 of the pre-season and see what he does and if BB keeps him. Then if he makes the team, I'm going to wait 5 games to see how he is doing.

After that time, providing he doesn't spend most of those 5 game out due to injury,then I might declare if CJ is a bust. I learned how to do this after declaring Kevin Faulk a bust after his first 3 seasons of being a Patriot.:eek: I was joined by many other Patriots fans in doing that.

CJ is only 23, which is as young as most rookies. Kevin Faulk was only 23 during his 3rd season.

I agree but CJ is reminding me more and more of a poor man's Tony Simmons everyday: http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=412

Re: If Jackson does not come on in(merged)

Maybe you want chad jackson to be a superstar because you want belichick to have finally drafted a consistently good receiver.

whats going on

Re: If Jackson does not come on in

I don't know about everyone else but CJ is reminding me more and more of a poor man's version of Tony Simmons, both 2nd Rd picks with lots of physical talent but not great route runners: http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=412

I like CJ but he needs to step it up here over the next 2 games.

I guess some of us watch alternate feeds...from the replay thread analysis
If we beat this one any deeper into the ground, I'm going to cap it and sell the oil.

I saw what Metaphors saw, though not in that much detail. That CJack was covered underneath, that Cassel was not under pressure, that the coverage on top was pretty far off and the deep throw was there.

I felt like Cassel rushed his throw and threw where CJack couldn't have made a play. If he'd waited, and I believe he had the time, there was a pretty big play over the top. But I don't know what was called in the huddle so I'm not ready to pass judgment on Cassel.

OK, hot crude starting to leak from this well. :)

Dwayne Bowe had no other help on the team and was immediately thrust into a starting situation. Big difference there meat head.

Hey mods......how about those rules talking about insults? You already deleted about 15 of my threads for no reason. Funny the thread was deleted (where I called you out on the unfair moderation, and showed proof of the action).

Sorry, the pats are perfect, Chad Jackson is going to be great, and we can do no wrong......have to make sure I say the right things!

Last edited:

CJ needs to step up in the next 3 games. Otherwise, he is a BUST. We can't keep a guy in our team if he is not productive.

Hey mods......how about those rules talking about insults? You already deleted about 15 of my threads for no reason. Funny the thread was deleted (where I called you out on the unfair moderation, and showed proof of the action).

Sorry, the pats are perfect, Chad Jackson is going to be great, and we can do no wrong......have to make sure I say the right things!

Post #82 on this thread I reminded people about name calling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patslifer
[/b]

Yesterday I was warned for one of my posts....Yet this guy can call me a meat head, because he does not agree with my post. Great job mods, I see how things work.

You are right. Name calling should not be happening even if that's what you really think. Let's keep the name calling out of the conversations.

This thread was merged,not deleted, with the other Chad Jackson thread.

Last edited:

CJ has the luxury of being the 4th receiver if they all stay healthy. Belichick will not release him so a weaker AFC team can grab him .. it's not happening.

There is no room for rational thought on this board. Please leave immediately!!!!!! :D

I agree but CJ is reminding me more and more of a poor man's Tony Simmons everyday: http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=412

Tony Simmons was a Booby Grier draft pick and even if Jackson turns into a bust, a Belichick and Pioli draft pick should never remind you of a Bobby Grier draft pick. Belichick and Pioli actually had people scouting prospects opposed to throwing darts at a dartboard full of prospects approach Grier had.

If we beat this one any deeper into the ground, I'm going to cap it and sell the oil.

I saw what Metaphors saw, though not in that much detail. That CJack was covered underneath, that Cassel was not under pressure, that the coverage on top was pretty far off and the deep throw was there.

I felt like Cassel rushed his throw and threw where CJack couldn't have made a play. If he'd waited, and I believe he had the time, there was a pretty big play over the top. But I don't know what was called in the huddle so I'm not ready to pass judgment on Cassel.

OK, hot crude starting to leak from this well. :)

I don't know who to assign blame to of who was reading the wrong route, but I am not ready to automatically blame Jackson like some are doing. Considering most of the writers in this town have been slow to do so either, I am assuming that it isn't all that clear cut who made the mistake. Most writers are giving both the blame.

I do agree it did look like Jackson did run pass the double coverage and would have been open, but that was in part because Cassel telegraphed this throw. No matter if Jackson ran the wrong route, I still think Cassel did so many things wrong on that play (looking down the receiver and throwing to double coverage) that he cannot be absolved. Even if he and Jackson were on the same page on the route, I gotta think that Cassel should have never thrown in that direction since Jackson was double covered meaning someone else was matched up on a favorable match up.

But then again it was just one play ina meaningless preseason game. It has been more analyzed in the last 4 days than any single play from the Super Bowl loss in the same time frame. If either Cassel or Jackson are cut, it will not be because of that one play no matter who is at fault. The Jackson haters want to use it as proof that Jackson is a bust.

CJ has the luxury of being the 4th receiver if they all stay healthy. Belichick will not release him so a weaker AFC team can grab him .. it's not happening.

If he can't play why keep him? You don't keep people on your team just to keep other people from getting him, it's not like he has proved himself to be a valuable commodity. I would take a 8th rounder and a bag of balls for the guy, he can't play. Honestly when you see him out their does he look like he belongs, no he looks average at best. I think he went to the wrong place, he could possibly prosper in another system but not this one. They needed a reciever and they reached for one, bad situation for club and player alike.

I think that cjack will be a bust.....all show and no go. I was hoping that he would flash something last week.

Hopefully I am wrong.

I don't know who to assign blame to of who was reading the wrong route,
Not picking on you specifically, but to everyone: It was ONE play in the FIRST quarter of the FIRST preseason game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you guys all chill about this already? It is friggin meaningless. Preseason is to work out the kinks. Guys aren't expected to get everything right.

Think like BB: The team made some plays that were good and some that were not so good. We have plenty to work on.

Not picking on you specifically, but to everyone: It was ONE play in the FIRST quarter of the FIRST preseason game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you guys all chill about this already? It is friggin meaningless. Preseason is to work out the kinks. Guys aren't expected to get everything right.

Think like BB: The team made some plays that were good and some that were not so good. We have plenty to work on.

Jackson and Cassel have taken the place of LoMo for this preseason. At least they are less likely to prove the gibbering mod wrong than LoMo was, so that's a minor gain, I suppose.

Jackson and Cassel have taken the place of LoMo for this preseason. At least they are less likely to prove the gibbering mod wrong than LoMo was, so that's a minor gain, I suppose.

No you're wrong expectations were high for mister Mo as they were for mister Jackson. Now expectaions are low, hope no longer springs eternal in this case, the bloom is off the rose we just happen to see it happen.

No you're wrong expectations were high for mister Mo as they were for mister Jackson. Now expectaions are low, hope no longer springs eternal in this case, the bloom is off the rose we just happen to see it happen.

Jackson was a high pick, with a ton of hype.... Expectations should be high, and he needs to do something to warrent his draft position. If not....b-u-s-t!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore