PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jackson does not come on in [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
the other preaseson games good chance his career is over. He just acts as if he is just hanging out and does not care. No hustle and very little effort. He even looks lazy to me coming in and out of the huddle. Plus this award for working in the off season that about 7 or 8 players got he was not on the list. Tell me how in hell is it your make or break year and you can't even make and off season work out award list? Talk about being lazy and not true to yourself or team.

Re: If Jackson does not come on in

the other preaseson games good chance his career is over. He just acts as if he is just hanging out and does not care. No hustle and very little effort. He even looks lazy to me coming in and out of the huddle. Plus this award for working in the off season that about 7 or 8 players got he was not on the list. Tell me how in hell is it your make or break year and you can't even make and off season work out award list? Talk about being lazy and not true to yourself or team.

give......... it......... up.

we need to end this fascination with a player that has not produced.:banned:

Open competition, baby. If Washington, Aiken, Ventrone and/or Slater outperform Jackson, then let him go. With all the talent in this WR group, it will be no major loss.

I'm going to give Chad the benefit of the doubt. But your right, this is a make or break year for Chad. However, WR's are only as good as the QB's are getting them the ball and Cassel clearly can't do that. Take a look at when the Pats were kicking the crap out of the Dolphins and Cassel was pulled after one throw that went for six. I'm pretty sure Cassel was out there with the starters and he still couldn't get it done. My point is, Cassel is terrible and his job is on the line as well. We should all make our final assesment when the first team is on the field and balls go Jackson's way. If he drops balls or "runs the wrong route" then we can say there's no hope. When I see Brady barking at Jackson, we will know who probably messed up and is close to getting cut.

Open competition, baby. If Washington, Aiken, Ventrone and/or Slater outperform Jackson, then let him go. With all the talent in this WR group, it will be no major loss.

It's only one game, but I would say so far Slater and Ventrone showed me more than Jackson, Washington we know has great value on ST, and Aiken gets an incomplete barring his return from injury.

I'll say this though, Jackson and CJ Jones are on equal shaky footing for me right now.

Anyone can have a Shi##y game. what I didn't like was him showing up Cassell. That's very close to the kiss of death.

It's only one game, but I would say so far Slater and Ventrone showed me more than Jackson, Washington we know has great value on ST, and Aiken gets an incomplete barring his return from injury.

I'll say this though, Jackson and CJ Jones are on equal shaky footing for me right now.

I'd agree that CJ Jones is on the outs given his performance Thursday. Even if he is more of a natural talent than Ventrone at WR, Ventrone's versatility gives him the edge, and he'll at worst make it to the last round of cuts.

I'm going to give Chad the benefit of the doubt. But your right, this is a make or break year for Chad. However, WR's are only as good as the QB's are getting them the ball and Cassel clearly can't do that. Take a look at when the Pats were kicking the crap out of the Dolphins and Cassel was pulled after one throw that went for six. I'm pretty sure Cassel was out there with the starters and he still couldn't get it done. My point is, Cassel is terrible and his job is on the line as well. We should all make our final assesment when the first team is on the field and balls go Jackson's way. If he drops balls or "runs the wrong route" then we can say there's no hope. When I see Brady barking at Jackson, we will know who probably messed up and is close to getting cut.

Agreed. After I rewatched the game I didnt think CJ was as bad as initially felt. Cassel , OTOH, was just as bad the second time through. Question -the one play where CJ should have broken off. was that definately his fault? was that supposed be CJ recognizing the blitz?

Agreed. After I rewatched the game I didnt think CJ was as bad as initially felt. Cassel , OTOH, was just as bad the second time through. Question -the one play where CJ should have broken off. was that definately his fault? was that supposed be CJ recognizing the blitz?

Tough to say who made the mistake, but given how Cassell was pointing, it looks like even if Chad ran the right route, the coverage still would be there, leading me to believe it was another situation where Cassell forced the ball to Chad, like he did on every play.

I was unable to watch the game because I live in California and I don't have NFLN. I don't know how that works between QB's and WR's. I'm sure at the line if a QB feels there is a blitz coming, he will signal to his WR's to change their route. Maybe Cassel did and Jackson didn't see it or maybe Cassel didn't do anything and Jackson ran the original route intended. I don't think WR's are supposed to guess if there is a blitz coming and then break of their routes because that would make it a guessing game on every throw for a QB on where his reciever is going to be which would lead to many INT's.

Tough to say who made the mistake, but given how Cassell was pointing, it looks like even if Chad ran the right route, the coverage still would be there, leading me to believe it was another situation where Cassell forced the ball to Chad, like he did on every play.

I'm not a Jackson apologist but the way I see it his first year he was hurt on and off along with maturity issues. His second year he never really fully recovered from his knee and he was pretty much the last guy on the depth chart as a wr. I really don't think this he will be cut, what will happen as a young player he will be practicing every day with Brady, Moss, Welker and Gaffney who by the way is the other starting wr lets not forget he pretty much took Stallworth's job by the 11th game last year. As the year goes on I think you will see more of Jackson.

When I saw the play on sportscenter, Jackson looked to have the DB on his backside which Cassel should have tossed it to Jackson's inside shoulder (towards middle of the field, away from the defensive back). Although it's better than an interception, Jackson would have gone nowhere after catching the ball. We don't know who is right or wrong in this situation. Cassel has created the perception that Jackson is in the wrong by pointing his fingers and looking upset which makes most fans think Jackson is wrong. And by the way Jackson was upset, maybe Cassel mixed up the route with another reciever. Bottom line is that Cassel should not have thrown the pass to the outside regardless because that DB was sitting on the route.

Look at it this way. Chad has been a WR for us 3 years, while Ventrone has been a WR for us 3 months. Which one looked better the other night?

Look at it this way. Chad has been a WR for us 3 years, while Ventrone has been a WR for us 3 months. Which one looked better the other night?

In fairness to Chad, he looked bad against mostly 1st teamers with a bad QB, while Ventrone looked decent (I wouldn't even say good) against guys who will be FAs in a couple weeks.

In fairness to Chad, he looked bad against mostly 1st teamers with a bad QB, while Ventrone looked decent (I wouldn't even say good) against guys who will be FAs in a couple weeks.

That's true but which one looked like he knew what he was doing? It's not who they're playing against. It's do they know what they're doing? Bye Bye Chad. Nice to know ya.

I would like to see Jackson out there with Brady throwing to him. The way Cassel is playing I dont think you can judge Jackson 100% on what we're seeing from him.

Jackson was wrong, and Brady has been barking at him in practice too. On the first play his QB saw he had the coverage beat by a step and Cassel led him which is what he's supposed to do, put it where only his guy can get to it - but CJ didn't anticipate that adjustment and instread eased up as he approached the prescribed route distance and let the coverage run up his back. On the screen he really telegraphed it and was flatfooted as the ball arrived so he got hammered. Same play from Gutz to CJ an hour later somehow resulted in a 4-5 yard gain because the other CJ was on his toes anticipating the hit and he apun away from it (albeit against 2nd stringers...). On the throw during the blitz it is the WR's job to read the same thing post snap as the QB reads. He needed to come back for the hot throw and he didn't. He pulls this crap with Brady even in pre season and that will be his undoing. Cassel addressed the situation post game. CJ was MIA. That's all you need to know to grasp who made the mistakes.

He's having some of the same problems Watson had dealing with a sight adjusted offense. It's complicated and layered, and it'stough to execute with precision when you have to over-think every situation because it's just not coming naturally. Watch Welker some time. He never thinks, his mind and body just react in unison to what his eyes see unfolding. It's called instinct. Mayo has it and you can see that in his rookie season. How well he develops it will be what makes him a great vs. good player. The good news is he seems to be focused on developing it. I think CJ has been focused instead on proving he can stay healthy (ergo the physique) and he can run a prescribed pattern. Unfortunately that is just the tip of the iceberg for an NFL WR.

How about changing your forum name if you are embarrassed by Chad's play

Maybe to ChadJacksonIsABum?

Jackson was wrong

CJack didn't have a good game but it baffles me how people go nuts in their hatred of him.

On the screen he really telegraphed it

On a screen, the WR has very little to do besides present a quick target to the QB. Unless he did something pre-snap that I didn't notice, I'm not sure what he could have done different to make that play a success.

On the throw during the blitz it is the WR's job to read the same thing post snap as the QB reads. He needed to come back for the hot throw and he didn't.

Assuming you are talking about the interception. If so, it wasn't a hot throw. Cassel took a normal drop and threw downfield. The DB squatted on the route and CJack turned it inside and upfield. I don't know if that was the right read or not, but I wouldn't make the assumption that CJack was supposed to stop with a DB sitting on the spot. About the only reasonable thing I can think of is that CJack didn't have a route option and should have stopped regardless. In that case, Cassel should have looked elsewhere because that spot was covered.

The other thing I've heard from others is that CJack should have read blitz. That is silly since he has to keep his focus on the coverage in front of him. It is up to Cassel to read the pre-snap defense and call route adjustments if needed.

Cassel addressed the situation post game. CJ was MIA. That's all you need to know to grasp who made the mistakes.

Obviously Cassel thought he did the right thing. Why do you think Belichick always talks about watching the tape before making post-game comments? Cassel shouldn't have called out CJack on the field. CJack shouldn't have responded on the field. Cassel shouldn't have talked about the situation post-game, except for the standard "some things were better than others" company line. While he didn't specifically say it, Cassel was obviously throwing CJack under the bus for the interception. Not a shiny moment of leadership there.

CJack didn't have a good game. He didn't have the opportunity to excel because of poor QB play. CJack could have done more with the throws that came his way, but lets be real about how much he had to work with.

CJack didn't have a good game but it baffles me how people go nuts in their hatred of him.

On a screen, the WR has very little to do besides present a quick target to the QB. Unless he did something pre-snap that I didn't notice, I'm not sure what he could have done different to make that play a success.

Assuming you are talking about the interception. If so, it wasn't a hot throw. Cassel took a normal drop and threw downfield. The DB squatted on the route and CJack turned it inside and upfield. I don't know if that was the right read or not, but I wouldn't make the assumption that CJack was supposed to stop with a DB sitting on the spot. About the only reasonable thing I can think of is that CJack didn't have a route option and should have stopped regardless. In that case, Cassel should have looked elsewhere because that spot was covered.

The other thing I've heard from others is that CJack should have read blitz. That is silly since he has to keep his focus on the coverage in front of him. It is up to Cassel to read the pre-snap defense and call route adjustments if needed.

Obviously Cassel thought he did the right thing. Why do you think Belichick always talks about watching the tape before making post-game comments? Cassel shouldn't have called out CJack on the field. CJack shouldn't have responded on the field. Cassel shouldn't have talked about the situation post-game, except for the standard "some things were better than others" company line. While he didn't specifically say it, Cassel was obviously throwing CJack under the bus for the interception. Not a shiny moment of leadership there.

CJack didn't have a good game. He didn't have the opportunity to excel because of poor QB play. CJack could have done more with the throws that came his way, but lets be real about how much he had to work with.

I don't hate him. I'm also not wedded to him. I'm ambivalent although I would like to see us succeed with our second round draft picks.

If you telegraph the screen you are defeating the play before it has a chance. I think both the OC and the player telegraphed he was the target in that first series. It was a test perhaps intended to be under less than ideal circumstances. That is the way Bill works.

It was a hot read of a blitz, and in this offense WR's are expected to read the defense for themselves post snap. Just like the QB - and hopefully reach the same conclusion. CJ had no idea what was going on behind him. What was (or wasn't) in front of him should have been his first clue.

Brady often calls receivers out on the field, contrary to widespread perception. Not veterans, who usually call themselves out, and those who don't he generally deals with on the sidelines. Youngsters and in pre season, absolutely. It's a teaching exercise here. Yapping back is not acceptable regardless of who is under center. That was slightly Ocho-esque, and considering one knock on this kid was immaturity and attitude, that was not the correct response.

Cassel didn't have a good game. I doubt Brady would have fared any better. Because let's be real, the QB's didn't have much to work with. Pieced together OLine, top 3 WR's out, OC calling a game early designed to get a couple of starters a handful of reps before they sat for the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes