PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jackson does not come on in [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason to use the term "burst" to explain a guy getting open and not catching the pass?

I fully expect a RB or WR to blow up on the field someday.

"Wow, great burst!"
I was at camp and saw that pass. I wish I had the eyes of some of the folks here who diagnose formations. I can only tell you what I saw. My initial reaction was the ball was slightly overthrown. I don't know if Jackson could have sprinted underneath it. He had his man beat, the ball was either off his fingertips or past his fingers. It's not like he dropped it.

I'm not apologizing for the guy, I believe that's what I saw. Not sure if he could have made a diving catch or leaped up for it, but it seemed to me he was in full stride and stretched out at the time the ball came down.

All in all, he didn't look that good today, to my eyes, though he did make some catches and dropped others.

I was at camp and saw that pass. I wish I had the eyes of some of the folks here who diagnose formations. I can only tell you what I saw. My initial reaction was the ball was slightly overthrown. I don't know if Jackson could have sprinted underneath it. He had his man beat, the ball was either off his fingertips or past his fingers. It's not like he dropped it.

I'm not apologizing for the guy, I believe that's what I saw. Not sure if he could have made a diving catch or leaped up for it, but it seemed to me he was in full stride and stretched out at the time the ball came down.

All in all, he didn't look that good today, to my eyes, though he did make some catches and dropped others.

Here's a question for you.....

On the drops, does it look like he's fighting the ball, or does it seem as if it's a flat-out case of bad hands?

Here's a question for you.....

On the drops, does it look like he's fighting the ball, or does it seem as if it's a flat-out case of bad hands?
Couldn't tell you. Half the time I'm trying to focus on some other player and then the ball is thrown to Jackson and I barely have time to focus on the catch. I'm not used to watching live action. If I went to a few more days of camp, I'd get used to it and be able to tell you.

Come on guys, give Chad a break. This is his first camp since his rooky season. He needs time. Lets have some patience with the kid. I want to see if he improves from game to game before I pass judgement. Matt Cassel on the other hand is a different story. He has NO EXCUSE in my book. He's had more than enough time to GET BETTER.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes