PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like continuing this online spat, so I am going to go to bed but leave with these final thoughts...............

The Chargers flat out destroyed us tonight. Was Tom Brady in the game? No, but we still got our butts kicked. I'm sure even Chargers fans will tell you that it would have been even more enjoyable if it had come at the hands of Tom Brady, but it didn't, and they are not going to nor should apologize for it. Let's just give the other team credit and stop reaching to try to makes ourselves feel better as Pats fans.

You're right, we did get our butts kicked. I didn't expect the Pats to win tonight or any other night we play a good team and the chargers are certainly a good team. But how can you expect to give all the teams that beat us credit when we have our hands tied behind our backs?

Last edited:
But how can you expect to give all the teams that beat us credit when we have our hands tied behind our backs?

hook, line, and sinker

I thought I was out, and then you reeled me back in.

Yes, we are not at full strength, our hands are 'tied behind our backs' as you put it, but we have to acknowledge that without Tom Brady, the Chargers are a better team. That is why you and I were both expecting the Pats to lose tonight's game. I think as fans we have been on top for so long that we have trouble accepting when we get beat by a better team. It used to be that our losses were due to us just flat out playing a bad game, but this was a loss to a better team.

As a Pats fan I feel the pain. It was fun knowing we had a good chance to win every week, and this season has been a huge reality check.

Last edited:
SD say they are happy about this. I haven't seen one say they feel it's "empty". To determine how they feel, I'll go by what they say rather than what we think they should be feeling.

SD say they are happy about this. I haven't seen one say they feel it's "empty". To determine how they feel, I'll go by what they say rather than what we think they should be feeling.

Jews are as stubborn as us irish catholics, so I'll call it a draw Patjew;) I'm not gonna change my mind and neither are you and we both know it!

night buddy!

Last edited:
Jews are as stubborn as us irish catholics, so I'll call it a draw Patjew;) I'm not gonna change my mind and neither are you and we both know it!

night buddy!

Well, I admit that Chargers fans must not feel as satisfied as they might have from beating TFB. I just think they still seem quite happy about it, and they should. So maybe it's splitting hairs.

Good night bro!

"Empty"? They just beat the crap out of the 2008 New England Patriots. This is the 2008 team. They beat us, end of conversation. Same with the Dolphins. If I was a fan of either team I'd be pretty damn happy.

For all you know Brady retires next year or gets hit by a truck tomorrow. Then what? Where are the "real" Patriots then?

This IS New England, 2008. Congrats to Chargers fans. I'm hoping for growth out of this Patriots team. There are another 11 weeks left in this season to get it together. Anyone else give damn about that?

PFnV

hook, line, and sinker

I thought I was out, and then you reeled me back in.

Yes, we are not at full strength, our hands are 'tied behind our backs' as you put it, but we have to acknowledge that without Tom Brady, the Chargers are a better team. That is why you and I were both expecting the Pats to lose tonight's game. I think as fans we have been on top for so long that we have trouble accepting when we get beat by a better team. It used to be that our losses were due to us just flat out playing a bad game, but this was a loss to a better team.

As a Pats fan I feel the pain. It was fun knowing we had a good chance to win every week, and this season has been a huge reality check.

I have all the faith in the world that we'll be back on track next year and you can bet your arse all the other teams will be pissed when we start beating their teams soundly again.

Well, I admit that Chargers fans must not feel as satisfied as they might have from beating TFB. I just think they still seem quite happy about it, and they should. So maybe it's splitting hairs.

Good night bro!

We were splitting hairs, I agree. If I was a Chargah fan, I'd feel pretty good myself. but I just want the chargers fans to know I'm not that disappointed we lost. At least not nearly as much as I would be if Brady were playing...cuz then I'd be REALLY pissed

Haven't you lowered your expectations about 3-4 notches PJ? And when you do that, it's not as difficult to take a loss. i'm more bummed about Brady not playing than anything else this year.

Look, say we meet the Charger in the playoffs NEXT year when Brady returns and I'm debating with Chargers fans before the game. I'll say, "hey, we've beaten you the last 3 times in a row" and if they say, "No way man, we killed you last year"...I'll say "Yeah, right":rolleyes:

"Empty"? They just beat the crap out of the 2008 New England Patriots. This is the 2008 team. They beat us, end of conversation. Same with the Dolphins. If I was a fan of either team I'd be pretty damn happy.

For all you know Brady retires next year or gets hit by a truck tomorrow. Then what? Where are the "real" Patriots then?

This IS New England, 2008. Congrats to Chargers fans. I'm hoping for growth out of this Patriots team. There are another 11 weeks left in this season to get it together. Anyone else give damn about that?

PFnV

We disagree big time here my friend. This is the 2008 "version" of the patriots while we wait for Brady to return. of course he's coming back and when he does, we'll get back to winning. He is that great.

The point here is Pats fans aren't nearly as disappointed by ANY loss this year because we have accepted we'll lose quite a few games with Cassel at the helm. But that's ok since we've had the run we've had.

So if any opposing fans want to attempt any "In your face, we beat you!" Pats fans will be like, "wow, you beat us with Cassel, hope you enjoy it"

At least that's how most of the Pats fans I know feel. It's pretty much a case where we can't be too humbled by any team cuz we're just not that good.

We were splitting hairs, I agree. If I was a Chargah fan, I'd feel pretty good myself. but I just want the chargers fans to know I'm not that disappointed we lost. At least not nearly as much as I would be if Brady were playing...cuz then I'd be REALLY pissed
Me too.

Haven't you lowered your expectations about 3-4 notches PJ?
I tell myself I have, but then it's very difficult for me to let up before and during games.

Look, say we meet the Charger in the playoffs NEXT year when Brady returns and I'm debating with Chargers fans before the game. I'll say, "hey, we've beaten you the last 3 times in a row" and if they say, "No way man, we killed you last year"...I'll say "Yeah, right":rolleyes:
I'm with you on that one.

I don't care a win is a win.

In the AFC Champ game its not like the Chargers were healthy either... Rivers, LT, Gates. This year no Merriman or his decent backup Tucker... LT, Gates not quite 100% etc.

Good luck the rest of the year Pats fans you still have a good team but the QB situation needs to be changed...

Good luck the rest of the year Pats fans you still have a good team but the QB situation needs to be changed...

It won't be though,BB has his head up his arse about this and won't back down, which is why we'll go 7 and 9 or 8 and 8 .

i disagree with the op, the charger girls should be happy. the only reason they stood a chance in this game was because there was no brady.

It's kind of funny, I didn't expect this thread to spawn such fervor. The title was obviously a little hyperbolic to attract some attention, but the point of the post still seems to have gone over the heads of most people. The title is more a reflection of my personal feelings on the matter, looking at the game as if I were a Chargers fan. I remember going to play games in high school, only to find out the other team had graduated a key player or lost their coach and were no longer competitive with us, and I WAS pretty pissed after the game. The small satisfaction of winning was trumped by the frustration of not facing a worthy opponent, and getting another crack at the guy that beat us the year before. Maybe most Chargers fans are just happy to win, but as the title states, if >I< were a Chargers fan, the key word there being I, I'd be pretty pissed. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

I doubt that's how a Charger player, coach, or fan is going to look at it.

The logo on the helmet and coach are still the same.
To a man, in post game in interviews on the Chargers Broadcast after the game, Chargers players said this win in no way makes up for the playoff losses they suffered at the hands of the Patriots. They said that this win was a must for them to stay in contention for the playoffs so it was big for that reason, and that reason only. I agree. I am very suprised the Chargers did so well though. I seriously thought they would get beat by the Patriots. I have that much respect for BB as a HC.

It's kind of funny, I didn't expect this thread to spawn such fervor. The title was obviously a little hyperbolic to attract some attention, but the point of the post still seems to have gone over the heads of most people. The title is more a reflection of my personal feelings on the matter, looking at the game as if I were a Chargers fan. I remember going to play games in high school, only to find out the other team had graduated a key player or lost their coach and were no longer competitive with us, and I WAS pretty pissed after the game. The small satisfaction of winning was trumped by the frustration of not facing a worthy opponent, and getting another crack at the guy that beat us the year before. Maybe most Chargers fans are just happy to win, but as the title states, if >I< were a Chargers fan, the key word there being I, I'd be pretty pissed. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

I was amazed at how many posters in this thread apparently only read your titles and no matter how much was debated, they refused to argue anything but your title.

Even after I posted your comments again, they STILL argued based upon your title....

HELLO? Is anyone home?

I was amazed at how many posters in this thread apparently only read your titles and no matter how much was debated, they refused to argue anything but your title.

Even after I posted your comments again, they STILL argued based upon your title....

HELLO? Is anyone home?

the original title was i should be pissed. in his post the only thing he states is that i should feel totally empty. I am not pissed and i do not feel totally empty. I felt great watching the pats look lethargic and pathetic from special teams to offense to defense. I felt great watching my team run all over your team. I felt great watching a WR we never use burn your CB. I felt great on the first play of the game we didnt hand off to LT 2 yards up the gut but play actioned and got a bomb. I was elated that your coach looked confused and disorganized. I felt great that our 3rd string OLB sacked your 2nd string qb causing a fumble. I felt great watching your center get schooled by our nose tackle. I felt great watching our Corner shut down your uncaring #1 WR. I felt great watching welker drop a wide open pass. I felt great watching the goal line stand. I felt great 4 plays and 98 yards later when we showed cassel and your OC and your offense how to run a play action. I felt great watching rodney harrison fall for the bait and just throw up his arms in disgust. I felt great watching our special teams just obliterate Ellis hobbs and then his backup who ran into a wall. I felt great when the score was 30-3.

Does it make up for the loss in the playoffs the last 2 years, certainly not. But it was great beating up on the pats last night. Hello? Anyone home?

also to address the original post. he says the pats have an excuse for being where they are while the chargers are just a 500 team. Any team can make plenty of excuses. We lost game 1 on the final play, we won game 2 but were given a loss. Even if you give the panthers credit, hell why wouldnt you, we would be in 1st place right now with a tiebreaker over the team we would be tied with.

Our all world rb = hurt (could make an excuse)
our all world lb = out for year (excuse)
our all world te = hurt
our #1 WR = out against the pats
our pro bowl left tackle = out first 2 games
our pro bowl center = out first 3 games
our MLB and signal caller on D = out first 4 games

Yet the pats have 1 injury (yes i know, its a major one) and they have the title of "well, lifes not fair for us, for everyone else it is"...give me a break. Any team not performing can make excuses. Your team is being exposed and every day it makes BB look worse and worse.

After all the beatdowns the Patriots have put on the Chargers in big games, this was their chance to get a bit of revenge, only it's totally empty. It'd be like hunting down some guy that killed a member of your family, only when you find him years later, he's now a quadriplegic. Sure, you can beat him within an inch of his life, but so what? He's nothing but a shell of the man who ruined your life. Of course it's no fun to be a Pats fan at the moment either, but we have an excuse at least. San Diego is still a .500 now, no matter how badly this game ends for the Patriots.
The problem with your theory is you mistakenly think they have the mental capacity required to grasp this.

Doesn't matter...

the chargers kicked the pats ass.. and that's how it shall be written..
no asterisks.. nothing..

Oh there will be one asterisk.

** Tom Brady was out and did not play with a Season Ending Knee Injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News