PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the original title was i should be pissed. in his post the only thing he states is that i should feel totally empty. I am not pissed and i do not feel totally empty. I felt great watching the pats look lethargic and pathetic from special teams to offense to defense. I felt great watching my team run all over your team. I felt great watching a WR we never use burn your CB. I felt great on the first play of the game we didnt hand off to LT 2 yards up the gut but play actioned and got a bomb. I was elated that your coach looked confused and disorganized. I felt great that our 3rd string OLB sacked your 2nd string qb causing a fumble. I felt great watching your center get schooled by our nose tackle. I felt great watching our Corner shut down your uncaring #1 WR. I felt great watching welker drop a wide open pass. I felt great watching the goal line stand. I felt great 4 plays and 98 yards later when we showed cassel and your OC and your offense how to run a play action. I felt great watching rodney harrison fall for the bait and just throw up his arms in disgust. I felt great watching our special teams just obliterate Ellis hobbs and then his backup who ran into a wall. I felt great when the score was 30-3.

Does it make up for the loss in the playoffs the last 2 years, certainly not. But it was great beating up on the pats last night. Hello? Anyone home?

You could have cut down on that wall of text and just posted instead, "I have low standards". Cut to the chase and all.

You could have cut down on that wall of text and just posted instead, "I have low standards". Cut to the chase and all.

LOL, but thats not honest. Last year when we beat indy at home (also on sunday night) I did not feel good about that win. Yes i was glad to have it, but we blew a 23 pt lead to an injury depleted team, we intercepted manning 6 times, we had a kickoff and punt return for a TD. I should have been ecstatic but i was disappointed at the outcome.

If we beat this pats team 14-13 instead of 30-10, and lets be fair, we werent trying in the 4th qtr. I wouldnt feel as satisfied. Ive listed several other reasons as to why it was satisfying. Low standards because you have 1 great player out? Dont think so.

LOL, but thats not honest. Last year when we beat indy at home (also on sunday night) I did not feel good about that win. Yes i was glad to have it, but we blew a 23 pt lead to an injury depleted team, we intercepted manning 6 times, we had a kickoff and punt return for a TD. I should have been ecstatic but i was disappointed at the outcome.

If we beat this pats team 14-13 instead of 30-10, and lets be fair, we werent trying in the 4th qtr. I wouldnt feel as satisfied. Ive listed several other reasons as to why it was satisfying. Low standards because you have 1 great player out? Dont think so.

One great player? He's the freakin' quarterback, the best one in the league. The one that let the defense play with a lead constantly last year. The one that makes an average at best offensive line look like all-pro caliber players because of his uncanny, best-in-history pocket mobility and presence. It amazes me that, to this day, people don't understand that Brady IS the team. Everything the Patriots accomplished last year was predicated on his ability to run that offense at such a high level, that the burden on the other 44 guys on gameday was considerably reduced. You think he misses all of those wide open touchdowns to Moss that were out there? That doesn't make it a totally different game, where the Chargers can't keep heaving it down the field because the defense can just pin its ears back and rush Rivers constantly? You think he fails to score from the 1 yard line? The Patriots have some great players, but Brady IS the team. It's stupid to think otherwise.

One great player? He's the freakin' quarterback, the best one in the league. The one that let the defense play with a lead constantly last year. The one that makes an average at best offensive line look like all-pro caliber players because of his uncanny, best-in-history pocket mobility and presence. It amazes me that, to this day, people don't understand that Brady IS the team. Everything the Patriots accomplished last year was predicated on his ability to run that offense at such a high level, that the burden on the other 44 guys on gameday was considerably reduced. You think he misses all of those wide open touchdowns to Moss that were out there? That doesn't make it a totally different game, where the Chargers can't keep heaving it down the field because the defense can just pin its ears back and rush Rivers constantly? You think he fails to score from the 1 yard line? The Patriots have some great players, but Brady IS the team. It's stupid to think otherwise.

For every cause there is effect, obviously. With merrimen not getting double teamed shaun phillips is suddenly not looking nearly as good as he has the past 2 years. Yes the game wouldve been closer with brady there. I dont know how brady effects the special teams or how brady effects the defense. maybe the chargers play even more aggressive and dont stop playing after 3 quarters. But that is getting into too much hypothetical.

I know this, without our best player, our TE barely moving and our qb on one leg, our C playing with a foot injury that he shouldnt have been playing on, our Kicker playing with a broken plant leg, and our all world LB playing on 2 bad knees we lost to a healthy new england team at their place in january by 9 points and forced your great QB into 3 INTs.

without 1 player (granted, the best) you guys lost by 20 and it wasnt even that close.

So who's fault is it that the Pats have no decent backup QBs?

And to the guy who said Brady is the team: Does Brady play defense? Pats defense has not looked very good this year and don't have an offense to back them up like last year.

And to the guy who said Brady is the team: Does Brady play defense? Pats defense has not looked very good this year and don't have an offense to back them up like last year.

Brady always got the Patriots a big lead and kept the defense off the field and well rested. When the D has a lead they can do more things, just look how good your D was with a lead last night.

Yes Brady made our D look better than it was just like Rivers did the same for your D last night.

Brady always got the Patriots a big lead and kept the defense off the field and well rested. When the D has a lead they can do more things, just look how good your D was with a lead last night.

Yes Brady made our D look better than it was just like Rivers did the same for your D last night.

Oh I know Rivers and the offense did a good job keeping the defense off the field and rested, but alot of Pats fans are not realizing that the losing is not all because of Brady being out. Defense has gotta play too...

Oh I know Rivers and the offense did a good job keeping the defense off the field and rested, but alot of Pats fans are not realizing that the losing is not all because of Brady being out. Defense has gotta play too...

Agreed, this current version of the Patriots cannot fall behind by 2 TD's and expect to come back and win, the D can't be successful with a huge deficit and the O can't come back from a big deficit. Better execution is needed on both sides of the ball or it's going to be a long season.

Congrats on the big win, i think Rivers has emerged as one of the best if not the best QB in the NFL, credit the OL though for giving him time to throw deep.

the original title was i should be pissed. in his post the only thing he states is that i should feel totally empty. I am not pissed and i do not feel totally empty. I felt great watching the pats look lethargic and pathetic from special teams to offense to defense. I felt great watching my team run all over your team. I felt great watching a WR we never use burn your CB. I felt great on the first play of the game we didnt hand off to LT 2 yards up the gut but play actioned and got a bomb. I was elated that your coach looked confused and disorganized. I felt great that our 3rd string OLB sacked your 2nd string qb causing a fumble. I felt great watching your center get schooled by our nose tackle. I felt great watching our Corner shut down your uncaring #1 WR. I felt great watching welker drop a wide open pass. I felt great watching the goal line stand. I felt great 4 plays and 98 yards later when we showed cassel and your OC and your offense how to run a play action. I felt great watching rodney harrison fall for the bait and just throw up his arms in disgust. I felt great watching our special teams just obliterate Ellis hobbs and then his backup who ran into a wall. I felt great when the score was 30-3.

Does it make up for the loss in the playoffs the last 2 years, certainly not. But it was great beating up on the pats last night. Hello? Anyone home?

So in summary...I guess you felt great. I'm glad for you and your fellow charga fans. You deserve to feel good about your team. All fans deserve that at some point.

Thankfully, it isn't hard for Patriot fans to take a loss or even to have a down year after the dynasty we've experieced over the past 7 years. To feel otherwise would just be ungrateful. I truly hope that you and your Charga fans get to understand what that kind of glory feels like someday.

Just remember, as great as last night may have felt, you beat a mediocre team and you lost to Miami. Hey, maybe you'll play Miami for the AFC Champoinship game...you never know! :D

Last edited:

I agree, I have a hard time attributing this all to Brady being out.

So in summary...I guess you felt great. I'm glad for you and your fellow charga fans. You deserve to feel good about your team. All fans deserve that at some point.

Thankfully, it isn't hard for Patriot fans to take a loss or even to have a down year after the dynasty we've experieced over the past 7 years. To feel otherwise would just be ungrateful. I truly hope that you and your Charga fans get to understand what that kind of glory feels like someday.

Just remember, as great as last night may have felt, you beat a mediocre team and you lost to Miami. Hey, maybe you'll play Miami for the AFC Champoinship game...you never know! :D

Apparently 2008 will be a vintage year for sour grapes.

....says the team who lost to Miami....:eek:

He doesn't care about THEIR loss to Miami, because NE is only a mediocre team. I dont know what's worse...His inability to give credit where credit is due, or his hollow attempts at downplaying and minimizing his team's own skill level. It's sort of the old "if we're successful, then we're a great team, but if we falter, then we sucked all along without Brady" routine. Either way, he sleeps well at night and continue to put out these contrived posts.

Apparently 2008 will be a vintage year for sour grapes.

For teams playing the Patriots? Yes, I'd have to agree with that.

but not for Patriots fans...check that, not for good Patriots fans.

Duh...but we're not a good team this year. Think about it...the Dolphins killed us and beat the Chargers. And the Chargers killed us. Add it all up and tell me what is says about the Chargers:rolleyes:

I'll give you my opinion. The Chargers may very well end up one of the top teams in the league. You started weak last year and may be doing the same thing this year. So time will tell.

In my opinion, you should be one of the top 3 contenders for the super bowl. i said the same thing after we barely beat you in the AFCCG last year on this board.

Your head coach is your biggest weakness, but that can be overcome by good assistant coaches and a motivated team. So time will tell. I'd rather see the Chargers win a SB than see the Giant repeat. And despite tonights loss, the Giants are looking damn good.

Just don't kid yourself into believing you beat a good team yesterday. The important thing is, you won.

He doesn't care about THEIR loss to Miami, because NE is only a mediocre team. I dont know what's worse...His inability to give credit where credit is due, or his hollow attempts at downplaying and minimizing his team's own skill level. It's sort of the old "if we're successful, then we're a great team, but if we falter, then we sucked all along without Brady" routine. Either way, he sleeps well at night and continue to put out these contrived posts.

How can a Patriot fan give credit to any team who beats us when we don't have a QB? When the best player in football is out for the year. If you think I'm going to say "Wow, Miami is really good" you're outta your minds. I suggest you watch the NFL netword and listen to what they have to say about beating the Patriots.

Nice try. If Brady played for the Chargers and you won 3 SB's with him and then had an 18-1 year only to see him get injured, you'd think the same way. Any team would feel the same way. I already said if we beat the Colts in a playoff game and Manning was out, I'd know we were lucky Manning didn't play. and if I was a Colts fan, I would expect the Patriots to beat my Colts without Manning every time.

That's the way any fan would feel. Maybe you guys really do feel a little empty;)

Last edited:
How can a Patriot fan give credit to any team who beats us when we don't have a QB? When the best player in football is out for the year. If you think I'm going to say "Wow, Miami is really good" you're outta your minds. I suggest you watch the NFL netword and listen to what they have to say about beating the Patriots.

Nice try. If Brady played for the Chargers and you won 3 SB's with him and then had an 18-1 year only to see him get injured, you'd think the same way. Any team would feel the same way. I already said if we beat the Colts in a playoff game and Manning was out, I'd know we were lucky Manning didn't play. and if I was a Colts fan, I would expect the Patriots to beat my Colts without Manning every time.

That's the way any fan would feel. Maybe you guys really do feel a little empty;)

I dont get that last "empty" comment, but whatever. Listen, here's my point and Im not trying to be a jerk. I get the Brady-less thing...I really do. I think pretty much everyone understands. However, the thing I have a problem understanding is your total refusal to give your team a little credit. Is NE being without Brady the single worst impact that a single player could have on a team? Yeah, I would probably agree with that. But there are alot of teams out there that have average/above average Qbs and are very good. Teams that could contend for a championship. Tennessee? Pittsburgh? JAX? SD? Giants? Washington? Dallas? None of those team have top caliber QBs, but any one of them COULD win a SB this year. And I would put NE in there too. Obviously Cassell needs to improve, but the remainder of the team is good. As I said before.....plenty of other weapons.

Dude, Im a Chargers fan. I shouldnt have to explain why your team is still a threat and still very good. What's going to happen when Brady retires? Are you going to find a new team? I mean, he wont be around forever and BB is pretty good at putting teams together. It sounds like your a Brady fan and not a Patriots fan. The future of your team shouldnt depend on a single player....it really shouldnt. If it does, the team and the organization as a whole....is pretty empty IMO.

I dont get that last "empty" comment, but whatever. Listen, here's my point and Im not trying to be a jerk. I get the Brady-less thing...I really do. I think pretty much everyone understands. However, the thing I have a problem understanding is your total refusal to give your team a little credit. Is NE being without Brady the single worst impact that a single player could have on a team? Yeah, I would probably agree with that. But there are alot of teams out there that have average/above average Qbs and are very good. Teams that could contend for a championship. Tennessee? Pittsburgh? JAX? SD? Giants? Washington? Dallas? None of those team have top caliber QBs, but any one of them COULD win a SB this year. And I would put NE in there too. Obviously Cassell needs to improve, but the remainder of the team is good. As I said before.....plenty of other weapons.

Dude, Im a Chargers fan. I shouldnt have to explain why your team is still a threat and still very good. What's going to happen when Brady retires? Are you going to find a new team? I mean, he wont be around forever and BB is pretty good at putting teams together. It sounds like your a Brady fan and not a Patriots fan. The future of your team shouldnt depend on a single player....it really shouldnt. If it does, the team and the organization as a whole....is pretty empty IMO.

No, I'm a true Pats fan since 1967. but what I've seen from Cassel is just plain bad. I haven't seen anything worth being hopeful about. He has happy feet and no feel for the flow of the game.

He's been on the team for 4-5 years now, so he should have no problem knowing the offense and picking up his rythm.

You're right, teams with avg/slightly below avg QB's can do alright. Cassel is just plain bad. The other thing I see is no leadership or motivating among the players. It's as if they're all depressed that Brady is out and have mailed it in.

Could we turn it all around? A very slight, "maybe but doubtful". When you watch a team for as long as I have, you get a feel for these things.

If we get blown out by the Bronco's, then it's probably over. That's just realism and by the way, I saw you guys saying the same thing last year after your poor start.

Also, Rivers is far above average and so is Romo. I'd have to put them in the top 6-7 QB's in the league and they're very young.

Brady
Manning, P
Manning, E
Rothlesberger
Carson Palmer
Romo
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Edwards, Trent
Favre
All the rest

No, I'm a true Pats fan since 1967. but what I've seen from Cassel is just plain bad. I haven't seen anything worth being hopeful about. He has happy feet and no feel for the flow of the game.

He's been on the team for 4-5 years now, so he should have no problem knowing the offense and picking up his rythm.

You're right, teams with avg/slightly below avg QB's can do alright. Cassel is just plain bad. The other thing I see is no leadership or motivating among the players. It's as if they're all depressed that Brady is out and have mailed it in.

Could we turn it all around? A very slight, "maybe but doubtful". When you watch a team for as long as I have, you get a feel for these things.

If we get blown out by the Bronco's, then it's probably over. That's just realism and by the way, I saw you guys saying the same thing last year after your poor start.

Also, Rivers is far above average and so is Romo. I'd have to put them in the top 6-7 QB's in the league and they're very young.

Brady
Manning, P
Manning, E
Rothlesberger
Carson Palmer
Romo
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Edwards, Trent
Favre
All the rest

You're still discussing this? You are relentless!

what's the Chinese word for badger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes