PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I feel pretty good. I assume you're talking about a Brady-less team? Huh, I dont really give a rat's a**. You're without your offensive star and we're without our defensive star. And I know that's your excuse. It will be your excuse all year long I'm sure. Now realize that it's a team game and you should be more than a one man show. That's what NE fans constantly preach, right?

What?? You're comparing the effects of Merriman being out to Brady's injury? :rofl: You're absolutely out of your mind and don't know squat, so just admit it dumbo.

Brady being out is like the Colts not having Manning or even the Chargers not having Rivers...although a Rivers injury couldn't be compared to a Brady injury.

There's no excuse here MiCharga, we know we're not good without Brady just as the charga's wouldn't be good without rivers.

You think if we go 8-8 not having Brady will be our EXCUSE? It won't be an excuse bro...it will be the REASON.

Wake up, you're talking about one of the greatest QB's in history. if you don't believe me, watch what happens when we kick your arse next year.:D

Last edited:
If I were a Chargers fan I'd be psyched. They needed this win (no matter who it was against) and they did it. Not only won but they took names. Yes the Pats were really,really bad but still-jmho but I'll give credit where credit is due. SD kicked our *, they made the plays they had to make on both sides of the ball, end of story.

Are you reading the charger fans responses, they don't CARE.

in 10 years the stats sheet will show 30-10. DONE

What you fail to understand is no one gives a rat's arse what the stats sheets say 10 years from now. When was the last time you looked at what happened in a game 10 years ago?

If you and I were tennis rivals but you usually lost against me but you beat me when I had a bad knee, you'd know why you beat me...and it wouldn't be because you were better than me.

That's my point. Beating the Pats this year won't mean much for any team. Do you understand that? When we end the year 7-9 ONLY because we didn't have the best QB in the league, all the experts will say beating the Pats doesn't prove anything.

Does beating the 49er's mean anything to any team this year? Well, beating the Pats is about the same level of achievement if Brady isn't playing.

as a charger fan, i felt great about tonight. With the exception of gates dropping a TD pass and kaeding missing a fg it was a practically a perfect game. The pats looked dead. Bellichek was getting yelled at allegedly at the half. Any critical play went against the pats. a goal line stand where your qb just looked confused. the hard hits on special teams.

Obviously it doesnt make up for losing in 06 or 07 playoffs, but it felt good not just to beat the pats, but to just dominate them, knowing our all world rb is hurt, our TE is not playing great, our #1 WR was out and our best defensive player is out for the year.

It was great watching our 3rd string OLB knock cassel to the ground, causing him to lose the ball. It was great watching moss go half speed like he used to for the raiders and smiling on the bench with the score 30-3. It was great watching big jamal williams stuff that 2nd and goal play, it was great watching cassel anytime he felt pressure just spike the ball in the ground.

Im not trying to troll, though i know it sounds like it. As a charger fan i have grown to hate the pats. 2 awful playoff losses will do that. This doesnt make up for those 2 awful nights by any means, but it was very satisfying....Very satisfying.

As for the title of the thread...if i was a pats fan, id be pretty pissed.

Please dont ban me, much respect to the organization. Dub me a hater...that is all.

If I were a Chargers fan I'd be psyched. They needed this win (no matter who it was against) and they did it. Not only won but they took names. Yes the Pats were really,really bad but still-jmho but I'll give credit where credit is due. SD kicked our *, they made the plays they had to make on both sides of the ball, end of story.

So did Miami and so will a lot of other teams this year. They should feel good about a win. But there is no redemption in beating the Pats without Brady playing.

That is the point the thread author is making. Beating the Pats without Brady is almost like cheating their fans of redemption unless they can do when Brady is back next year.

THAT is the end of story.

as a charger fan, i felt great about tonight. With the exception of gates dropping a TD pass and kaeding missing a fg it was a practically a perfect game. The pats looked dead. Bellichek was getting yelled at allegedly at the half. Any critical play went against the pats. a goal line stand where your qb just looked confused. the hard hits on special teams.

Obviously it doesnt make up for losing in 06 or 07 playoffs, but it felt good not just to beat the pats, but to just dominate them, knowing our all world rb is hurt, our TE is not playing great, our #1 WR was out and our best defensive player is out for the year.

It was great watching our 3rd string OLB knock cassel to the ground, causing him to lose the ball. It was great watching moss go half speed like he used to for the raiders and smiling on the bench with the score 30-3. It was great watching big jamal williams stuff that 2nd and goal play, it was great watching cassel anytime he felt pressure just spike the ball in the ground.

Im not trying to troll, though i know it sounds like it. As a charger fan i have grown to hate the pats. 2 awful playoff losses will do that. This doesnt make up for those 2 awful nights by any means, but it was very satisfying....Very satisfying.

Please dont ban me, much respect to the organization. Dub me a hater...that is all.

I agree with you on that one. Im not really sure why a Chargers fan would be pissed. A win is a win. Chargers played well.

So did Miami and so will a lot of other teams this year. They should feel good about a win. But there is no redemption in beating the Pats without Brady playing.

That is the point the thread author is making. Beating the Pats without Brady is almost like cheating their fans of redemption unless they can do when Brady is back next year.

That is my point, but expecting the average Chargers fan to possess the necessary comprehension to understand that is asking a bit much. It takes a serious dunce to actually want to root for a team that features the likes of LdT, Philip Rivers and Merriman, three of the biggest punks in the league.

You didn't write anything to get banned for. but I must tell you, Miami dominated us a lot more than your Charga's did. You definately dominated us, but we're not a good team and your players better understand that. Of course you should feel good about a win, I know I would.

Not having Brady has taken the life out of us for whatever reason. To be frank, you have to agree our QB REALLY sucks.

Last edited:
That's pretty stupid, but it's to be expected from a troll. Merriman is a great disruptive force, and he's not half as important to your team as Rivers is. QB is a privileged position, face it. No one wins without their star quarterback consistently, unless they catch lightning in a bottle with the backup. I'm not saying the Patriots played well, but if you don't think this would have been a very different game with Brady in there, you're delusional.

Now, THAT was a really stupid post. Where did I mention it wouldnt be different if Brady played? Nobody is that delusional. I think we still would have won, but that's another issue. The point is, we dont care if it was without Brady. And the other point was that we're without our defensive stud. I understand it's not the same as a QB's impact, but we've got more than our share of other key injured players. Would you care if you beat us? Doubt it. So grow a pair and accept that injuries happen.

If WE were in the same boat as SD I'd have no problem taking this win and being happy about it. Waxing poetic might make some Pats fans feel better but it's not the reality.

Now, THAT was a really stupid post. Where did I mention it wouldnt be different if Brady played? Nobody is that delusional. I think we still would have won, but that's another issue. The point is, we dont care if it was without Brady. And the other point was that we're without our defensive stud. I understand it's not the same as a QB's impact, but we've got more than our share of other key injured players. Would you care if you beat us? Doubt it. So grow a pair and accept that injuries happen.

look, here's a perfect analogy. the Colts are the Pats #1 rivals. if we had Brady but the Manning was out injured and we dominated them, we'd feel good about the win...just not as good had we beaten them WITH Manning.

Understand now?...it's pretty simple really.

If you expect us to give your team credit, forget about it...you lost to Miami! :rofl:

What?? You're comparing the effects of Merriman being out to Brady's injury? :rofl: You're absolutely out of your mind and don't know squat, so just admit it dumbo.

Brady being out is like the Colts not having Manning or even the Chargers not having Rivers...although a Rivers injury couldn't be compared to a Brady injury.

There's no excuse here MiCharga, we know we're not good without Brady just as the charga's wouldn't be good without rivers.

You think if we go 8-8 not having Brady will be our EXCUSE? It won't be an excuse bro...it will be the REASON.

Wake up, you're talking about one of the greatest QB's in history. if you don't believe me, watch what happens when we kick your arse next year.:D

However you want to slice it, bro. I dont expect a season like last for NE, but it's a team game and you have to roll with it. If LT was out for the year (not even mentioning he is already injured), I wouldnt expect the same either. HOwever, I would expect our team to be deep enough to fight hard with our backups and make a team effort. Are you suggesting the rest of your team is nothing without Brady? Because that's what Im hearing.

However you want to slice it, bro. I dont expect a season like last for NE, but it's a team game and you have to roll with it. If LT was out for the year (not even mentioning he is already injured), I wouldnt expect the same either. HOwever, I would expect our team to be deep enough to fight hard with our backups and make a team effort. Are you suggesting the rest of your team is nothing without Brady? Because that's what Im hearing.

I'm saying if we go 500 or below, my answer to your question is, yes. Brady is that good.

What I'll ask you to do is watch how good we are next year WITH Brady and you'll have the answer to your question.

Last edited:
You didn't write anything to get banned for. but I must tell you, Miami dominated us a lot more than your Charga's did. You definately dominated us, but we're not a good team and your players better understand that. Of course you should feel good about a win, I know I would.

Not having Brady has taken the life out of us for whatever reason. To be frank, you have to agree our QB REALLY sucks.

well i havent watched any pats games this year. I know your team was 3-1. Your team was 18-1 last year. Yeah the dolphins dominated you guys by using trickery that you werent ready for, hell, we lost to them too. But yeah, the pats look awful and it was great to watch. Bellichek looked confused, moss isnt running his routes, your corners were outmatched by a WR we never even use. If we won 17-10 or something close it wouldnt have been as satisfying. But 30-3 until we called off the dogs is a walloping. To see your team have no fight for a nationally televised game against a team that sees you as a rival should be humiliating. thats what makes it satisfying.

sorry, but this is pretty lame post from someone who is REACHING to find a 'not so negative' spin on tonight's loss.

Let me ask you, as a Patriots fan, were you pissed when the Patriots won the AFC Championship game last year when Ladanian Tomlinson only played a handful of snaps, Philip Rivers was playin on one leg, and Antonio Gates was dinged up too?

Hell NO

look, here's a perfect analogy. the Colts are the Pats #1 rivals. if we had Brady but the Manning was out injured and we dominated them, we'd feel good about the win...just not as good had we beaten them WITH Manning.

Understand now?...it's pretty simple really.

If you expect us to give your team credit, forget about it...you lost to Miami! :rofl:

We lost to Miami? Uh, yeeah. Not sure where you're going with that one. We dont need your "credit." It's pretty obvious to everyone that SD owned NE on both sides of the ball tonight. Brady doesn't play on defense.

sorry, but this is pretty lame post from someone who is REACHING to find a 'not so negative' spin on tonight's loss.

Let me ask you, as a Patriots fan, were you pissed when the Patriots won the AFC Championship game last year when Ladanian Tomlinson only played a handful of snaps, Philip Rivers was playin on one leg, and Antonio Gates was dinged up too?

Hell NO

Exactly. I doubt too many NE fans were disturbed over that. Part of the game.

MiChargers, the Patriots are obviously a different team without Tom Brady, but even with that being said.........the Chargers destroyed the Patriots tonight, no if's and's or but's about it.

The Chargers can only play the team that is on the field with them, and they outmatched the Pats in every phase of the game. You should be proud of your team's performance.

well i havent watched any pats games this year. I know your team was 3-1. Your team was 18-1 last year. Yeah the dolphins dominated you guys by using trickery that you werent ready for, hell, we lost to them too. But yeah, the pats look awful and it was great to watch. Bellichek looked confused, moss isnt running his routes, your corners were outmatched by a WR we never even use. If we won 17-10 or something close it wouldnt have been as satisfying. But 30-3 until we called off the dogs is a walloping. To see your team have no fight for a nationally televised game against a team that sees you as a rival should be humiliating. thats what makes it satisfying.

You're not telling me anything I haven't felt for years after watching the Pats humiliate teams around the league. What goes around comes around. It isn't really humiliting watching the Pats get destroyed because we've been blessed with so many games on the opposite end. It's like the if the Red Sox don't win the WS this year, we won't feel too bad.

hell, Boston has been the city of champions for the entire 2000's and we've been spoiled. It will end eventually.

Hell NO

Thank you. You want a win,and who gives a flying fk about "redemption":rolleyes: Sweet Jezuz lose with some dignity and give credit where it's due. I can't stand whining from other teams/fans, but it's even worse coming from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes