PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, but this is pretty lame post from someone who is REACHING to find a 'not so negative' spin on tonight's loss.

Let me ask you, as a Patriots fan, were you pissed when the Patriots won the AFC Championship game last year when Ladanian Tomlinson only played a handful of snaps, Philip Rivers was playin on one leg, and Antonio Gates was dinged up too?

Hell NO

Now that's a ridiculous comparison...how could be have been pissed when that was our 18th consecutive win AND it got us into the super bowl?

But if the Chargers had BEATEN us in that game, I would have been more pissed because they had so many injuries and that would have made us look really bad.

I'm saying if we go 500 or below, my answer to your question is, yes. Brady is that good.

What I'll ask you to do is watch how good we are next year WITH Brady and you'll have the answer to your question.

Geez, you really dont need to defend the talent of Tom Brady. But I would think that BB has established a team that could absorb the loss. Again, there will be lost games, but for God's sake, it shouldnt be the NE Bradys. What about Morris, Welker, Moss, Vrabel, Mayo, O'neal (oh wait, nevermind that one)? Plenty of other playmakers.

MiChargers, the Patriots are obviously a different team without Tom Brady, but even with that being said.........the Chargers destroyed the Patriots tonight, no if's and's or but's about it.

The Chargers can only play the team that is on the field with them, and they outmatched the Pats in every phase of the game. You should be proud of your team's performance.

You're missing the entire point of the thread and it's really simple.

It would have been a LOT more satisfying for Charga's fans had they beaten the Patriots with Brady vs. without him. How can you miss that point? and it's impossible to deny.

sorry, but this is pretty lame post from someone who is REACHING to find a 'not so negative' spin on tonight's loss.

Let me ask you, as a Patriots fan, were you pissed when the Patriots won the AFC Championship game last year when Ladanian Tomlinson only played a handful of snaps, Philip Rivers was playin on one leg, and Antonio Gates was dinged up too?

Hell NO

I was happy as a pig in poop after the AFCCG game last year, just like virtually every SD fan must be right now. You can't control who you play against, that's the other team's problem.

It would have been a LOT more satisfying for Charga's fans had they beaten the Patriots with Brady vs. without him. How can you miss that point? and it's impossible to deny.

Dude, nobody is disputing that it would have been "more" satisfying. I think YOURE missing the point of the thread. It says Chargers fans should be "pissed." Why in the freakin' world would I be pissed? My team played great and finally put a complete game together. Gee, I dont know how I'll sleep tonight.

Now that's a ridiculous comparison...how could be have been pissed when that was our 18th consecutive win AND it got us into the super bowl?

But if the Chargers had BEATEN us in that game, I would have been more pissed because they had so many injuries and that would have made us look really bad.

how does this comparison not work?

The point is why would anyone be pissed after a victory, whether it gets you to the Super BOwl or not?

Geez, you really dont need to defend the talent of Tom Brady. But I would think that BB has established a team that could absorb the loss. Again, there will be lost games, but for God's sake, it shouldnt be the NE Bradys. What about Morris, Welker, Moss, Vrabel, Mayo, O'neal (oh wait, nevermind that one)? Plenty of other playmakers.

You'd have to be Pats fan to understand the effect Brady has on all our other players. his loss has left an emotional hole in our team of veterans. The same wouldn't happen if LT was out because he's not the emotional leader that brady is.

if you look at all the films of our super bowl victories, Brady is always going up and down the sidelines pumping everyone up. Now these stars (Welker, moss, etc.) are faced with the brutal reality that they have a sucky QB.

Maybe we'll come around or maybe it will get worse, it's tought to say. We could easily have players starting to point fingers without Brady there to tell them to shut up.

You have no idea what's satisfying for Charger fans and what isn't. One win isn't redemption but it's a pretty good start. Again, if a fan of another team was posting this kind of stuff about a Pats win,we'd all be laughing at them.

Congrats to the Chargers on a solid win tonight. They definitely were the better team. THIS TIME;)

With Brady in the game, it would have been a shootout. That would have been fun to watch.

Thank you. You want a win,and who gives a flying fk about "redemption":rolleyes: Sweet Jezuz lose with some dignity and give credit where it's due. I can't stand whining from other teams/fans, but it's even worse coming from us.

I think I'll just defer to this ^ post.

PatriotsReign, I am NOT missing the entire point of this thread, or maybe it is stated in a poor fashion.

IF the entire point of this thread would is to convey that Chargers fans would be more satisfied to beat a Patriots at full strength as opposed to missing key players like their MVP quarterback........well, that is pretty simple and painfully obvious, BUT to phrase it like "if I were a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed"

"PISSED!?!" ,again, why would anyone be pissed after their team wins 31-10. To insinuate that Chargers fans should be disappionted in tonight's game is just rediculous. Sure, you also want to beat a team at their best, but I would never be pissed about any victory.

You have no idea what's satisfying for Charger fans and what isn't. One win isn't redemption but it's a pretty good start. Again, if a fan of another team was posting this kind of stuff about a Pats win,we'd all be laughing at them.

Congrats to the Chargers on a solid win tonight. They definitely were the better team. THIS TIME;)

Thanks bro. Even though I'm happy with this win, I still don't feel a sense of redemption for the last 3 losses to the Patriots. Without Brady in the game, I don't feel like we really beat the Patriots at their best, so I will wait for revenge next season. However, Brady being out does mean that it's much easier for the Chargers to win a superbowl, so every win counts at this point in terms of our playoff hopes. If the Chargers get in the playoffs, I don't think there's any team that can beat them. Historically, we've owned the Colts, and the only other threat is missing their star quarterback. So, the Chargers are technically the best team in the AFC right now, even though their win/loss record doesn't reflect that.

Dude, nobody is disputing that it would have been "more" satisfying. I think YOURE missing the point of the thread. It says Chargers fans should be "pissed." Why in the freakin' world would I be pissed? My team played great and finally put a complete game together. Gee, I dont know how I'll sleep tonight.

The main point in any thread is never found in the title in case you don't know. It is always found in the author's post, which is seen below for all you who failed to read it and are only responding to the title (which would be pretty stupid);

After all the beatdowns the Patriots have put on the Chargers in big games, this was their chance to get a bit of revenge, only it's totally empty. It'd be like hunting down some guy that killed a member of your family, only when you find him years later, he's now a quadriplegic. Sure, you can beat him within an inch of his life, but so what? He's nothing but a shell of the man who ruined your life. Of course it's no fun to be a Pats fan at the moment either, but we have an excuse at least. San Diego is still a .500 now, no matter how badly this game ends for the Patriots.

As you can see, Richter never said you should be pissed about your win.

Did none of you actually READ his post?:rolleyes:

yeah if the original post just said, if i was a charger fan i would feel a little empty afterr this win maybe people could agree. Pissed? Of course not. But im saying i dont even feel the slightest bit empty. its not like its 10 years later and our team is 12-0 and the pats havent been good in 10 years. That would feel empty, much like beating the raiders is these days. This is virtually the same team that destroyed us in a payback game last year 38-14 on national tv. a game we had circled on our calendars and then didnt show up. This is virtually the same team that beat us 21-12 in the AFCCG. A game I thought we wouldve won if we were healthy, though thats debateable.

Yes if brady was there doing exactly what cassel was doing, getting sacked, looking scared, getting stuffed on 4th and goal, I would be even happier at the outcome. But I still feel great about this win. It was great watching BB on the sidelines. It was great watching ellis hobbs look up at the jumbo tron to see his PI call and just wince. It was great watching rodney harrison getting burned on play action and leaving gates wide open for a td.

If you're a fan of the Chargers, there is little satisfaction of beating the Pats tonight. Just as Patriots fans knew we didn't beat the real Chargers in last years playoff game. Had we lost that game, we would have been screaming about how we lost to half a Chargers team.

If you don't agree that Chargers fans would feel a lot more REDEMPTION had they beaten the Patriots with Brady vs. tonights expected win, you don't understand football. There was no vengence for Chargers fans tonight. Sure, they're happy to get a "W", but it wasn't close to being the same feeling had Brady played the game.

ANY team that beats the Pats this year will know why they won...because Brady didn't play
i think everyone realizes we didn't beat the real pats

hell we're not even playing with the real chargers (no merriman)

but brady is a first ballot HOFer, and one of the best qbs of all time, the pats miss him ALOT more than we miss merriman, but we do both miss those guys, and it does show

PatriotsReign, I am NOT missing the entire point of this thread, or maybe it is stated in a poor fashion.

IF the entire point of this thread would is to convey that Chargers fans would be more satisfied to beat a Patriots at full strength as opposed to missing key players like their MVP quarterback........well, that is pretty simple and painfully obvious, BUT to phrase it like "if I were a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed"

"PISSED!?!" ,again, why would anyone be pissed after their team wins 31-10. To insinuate that Chargers fans should be disappionted in tonight's game is just rediculous. Sure, you also want to beat a team at their best, but I would never be pissed about any victory.

once again, the main point of a thread is never found in the title...you have to actually read it.

Are you reading the charger fans responses, they don't CARE.

in 10 years the stats sheet will show 30-10. DONE

They'll also show two straight years of getting knocked out of the playoffs while the Charger team was arguably at it's strongest. I, for one, don't care about the result of this one. Let them have it. We'll be back.

yeah if the original post just said, if i was a charger fan i would feel a little empty afterr this win maybe people could agree. Pissed? Of course not. But im saying i dont even feel the slightest bit empty. its not like its 10 years later and our team is 12-0 and the pats havent been good in 10 years. That would feel empty, much like beating the raiders is these days. This is virtually the same team that destroyed us in a payback game last year 38-14 on national tv. a game we had circled on our calendars and then didnt show up. This is virtually the same team that beat us 21-12 in the AFCCG. A game I thought we wouldve won if we were healthy, though thats debateable.

Yes if brady was there doing exactly what cassel was doing, getting sacked, looking scared, getting stuffed on 4th and goal, I would be even happier at the outcome. But I still feel great about this win. It was great watching BB on the sidelines. It was great watching ellis hobbs look up at the jumbo tron to see his PI call and just wince. It was great watching rodney harrison getting burned on play action and leaving gates wide open for a td.

It actually DID say that if you read it. The title is irrelevant. People use titles to get people to read their threads on this board all the time.

Of course no charger fan should be pissed about winning the game, but that is not what the author stated anyway.

I don't feel like continuing this online spat, so I am going to go to bed but leave with these final thoughts...............

The Chargers flat out destroyed us tonight. Was Tom Brady in the game? No, but we still got our butts kicked. I'm sure even Chargers fans will tell you that it would have been even more enjoyable if it had come at the hands of Tom Brady, but it didn't, and they are not going to nor should apologize for it. Let's just give the other team credit and stop reaching to try to makes ourselves feel better as Pats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back