PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If I was a Chargers fan, I'd be pretty pissed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still discussing this? You are relentless!

When I get replies, I feel compelled to answer them...call me obsessive compulsive cuz it's true PJ! I'm a recovering alcoholic...about 99.9% of us are OCD:p

No, I'm a true Pats fan since 1967. but what I've seen from Cassel is just plain bad. I haven't seen anything worth being hopeful about. He has happy feet and no feel for the flow of the game.

He's been on the team for 4-5 years now, so he should have no problem knowing the offense and picking up his rythm.

You're right, teams with avg/slightly below avg QB's can do alright. Cassel is just plain bad. The other thing I see is no leadership or motivating among the players. It's as if they're all depressed that Brady is out and have mailed it in.

Could we turn it all around? A very slight, "maybe but doubtful". When you watch a team for as long as I have, you get a feel for these things.

If we get blown out by the Bronco's, then it's probably over. That's just realism and by the way, I saw you guys saying the same thing last year after your poor start.

Also, Rivers is far above average and so is Romo. I'd have to put them in the top 6-7 QB's in the league and they're very young.

Brady
Manning, P
Manning, E
Rothlesberger
Carson Palmer
Romo
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Edwards, Trent
Favre
All the rest

E. Manning 3rd?....you overrate him.

That's kind of a naive take. The players and coaches will be glad to win a game, and the Chargers fans will be glad to win, but it can't be nearly as satisfying without having Brady in there. Are you really going to get that excited about beating a guy with a broken leg in a race? No matter how much you hate the guy, you'd rather beat him at full strength. Like how I feel about Peyton Manning.

What's naive is thinking you know how the people think. You're comparing apples to oranges dude. Brady is out for the year, do you really think that teams are going to be like "yeah, that was a good win but I not as happy we won because Brady wasn't playing."

I don't think so. The Chargers were struggling, they needed a spark to get them going. They were playing at home against a team they despise. There were no mentions of Brady in the news this past week but I do recall Seymour getting called out and BB in years past. Besides, Brady can't play every position and certainly not D. Their offense dominated the Pats D right from the start.

Saying this is a hollow win for them ridiculous. This is a fan reaction to protect a fans fragile little ego that has been built up through the past 7 years.

What's naive is thinking you know how the people think. You're comparing apples to oranges dude. Brady is out for the year, do you really think that teams are going to be like "yeah, that was a good win but I not as happy we won because Brady wasn't playing."

I don't think so. The Chargers were struggling, they needed a spark to get them going. They were playing at home against a team they despise. There were no mentions of Brady in the news this past week but I do recall Seymour getting called out and BB in years past. Besides, Brady can't play every position and certainly not D. Their offense dominated the Pats D right from the start.

Saying this is a hollow win for them ridiculous. This is a fan reaction to protect a fans fragile little ego that has been built up through the past 7 years.

Richter definately over-stated the situation, but I think there is some truth to his way of thinking. Teams that do beat us aren't going to be able to say "We beat THE Patriots!" and rationalize that the victory has implications that their team is that good.

A team beating the Patriots this year just doesn't have the same meaning as it has in the recent past. I don't think ANYONE can argue against that.

Richter definately over-stated the situation, but I think there is some truth to his way of thinking. Teams that do beat us aren't going to be able to say "We beat THE Patriots!" and rationalize that the victory has implications that their team is that good.

A team beating the Patriots this year just doesn't have the same meaning as it has in the recent past. I don't think ANYONE can argue against that.

I'd agree only about last year. Otherwise, on any given Sunday....

What's naive is thinking you know how the people think.

This is a fan reaction to protect a fans fragile little ego that has been built up through the past 7 years.

Hilarious. Aside from the fact that I never claimed to know how "the people" think, and that this was my opinion of the situation, nothing beats hypocrisy in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes