PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian R: Jets DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ian R: DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

I just watched that vid somebody posted and that was not a helmet-helmet hit, though their helmets did make contact(edit-dooh, the vid's right above me now).
If you pause it near the end of the vid(best angle), it looks like Levoir is about to crack him in the helmet, then the next screen image you can pause on(46 secs), Stricklands body is starting to move away from Levoir body, but his head is still in the original spot.
I think we all remember Chungs hit on the QB a couple games ago. When its a helmet-helmet hit, the helmet goes flying back first, not last. It actually looks to me like Stricklands helmets earhole rests on Levoirs shoulder because of the different inertia in his body and head.
End thought:
I think Levoir clipped Stricklands face mask after putting most of the blow into the left upperchest/shoulder area

Last edited:
Compare this legal hit with Bart Scott's penalty for illegal hands to the face. He took a hold of the lower part of the facemask of the lineman and pushed backwards with both hands for a good 3-4 seconds. A far, far dirtier play IMO.

More talk coming from the Jets. :rofl:

Is there a more pathetic franchise in sports?

probably not. At one point I thought maybe the LA Clippers... but the NY Jets are worse, because now they run their mouths and are full of excuses.

They are pathetic.

Oakland is called the Black Hole, but the real Black Hole is the Jests.

I bet strickland and ARod go shopping for lip gloss together.

No wonder the jests suck so bad- they didn't realize you can hit tackle and block the other team... or rather they can hit you, too.

Wasn't it Ryan, who when he first signed up to coach the nyj said

You can expect to see a very physical, violent defense. I don’t know if this division has ever seen a violent defense”.

Y'know Rex, I don't think anyone in this division has seen a head coach ball his eyes out in front of his team either. But to be fair, he didn't say they'd be any good, just "physical and violent".

To quote Don Rickles, what a hockey puck.

Last edited:
Does anybody ahve a video of Chung destroying that player on the punt return against colts?

Jets Strickland promises revenge on Levoir

can you believe this stuff? (on Reiss)

Jets cornerback Donald Strickland said the crunching hit delivered by Patriots offensive lineman Mark LeVoir was a cheap shot, and he told Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star Ledger that he plans to retaliate against LeVoir in the future.

Re: Jets Strickland promises revenge on Levoir

what does he expect when a tackle blocks a db who's half his weight? Strickland should be more vigilant around the line of scrimmage for much larger men rumbling after him to make blocks.

He plans to break LeVoir's fist with his face.

Eat Lead Slackers! ;)

Hasn't this topic been discussed two days ago??

Hasn't this topic been discussed two days ago??

Yup, and that was 5 minutes out of my life to track down the old thread to merge this into. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back