PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Funny Thread on Indy Star...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you speak of parents tells me all I need to know, little boy :rolleyes:

Are ALL of you here underage??

yah and your an old gay guy living with his mom, but we worked around that didn't we :)

Depth? All I ever hear about here is how the Colt's can only beat the pats backups. Guess that "depth" isn't all its cracked up to be.:D

At any rate, Ken's pretty much spot on with his offensive comparisons, IMO. Its on the defensive side of the ball where he loses me. The Colt's aren't better at ANY position than the pats on defense, with the possible exception of safety when Bob Sanders is healthy.

TB has to be rated above PM, with all the talent assembled around him all he has is 1 SB ring, but the Pats have 3. Don't give me that bull about the Colts having a bad defense, cause the Pats have played without great offensive weapons

TB has to be rated above PM, with all the talent assembled around him all he has is 1 SB ring, but the Pats have 3. Don't give me that bull about the Colts having a bad defense, cause the Pats have played without great offensive weapons

Ranking Tom over Peyton simply because he has 3 rings is like saying Robert Horry(6 rings) is better than Lebron. It simply doesn't work. Peyton may have better wr's but Tom's ALWAYS had a better coach and a more COMPLETE team.

It is, after all, a TEAM game.

Ranking Tom over Peyton simply because he has 3 rings is like saying Robert Horry(6 rings) is better than Lebron. It simply doesn't work. Peyton may have better wr's but Tom's ALWAYS had a better coach and a more COMPLETE team.

Thats fine, if you think its more important to have great stats than actually win things its fine. And what about the 01 team?

Plus if pay me a ton didn't demand so much money maybe ye could splash out a bit on defense.

Absolutely AWFUL analogy. The QB in football means so much more to the team than any other position in sports.

Tom has always done more with less; the Pats have invested in Defense and skimped on Offense. Until this year, the most talented WR he has ever had was Deion Branch...a receiver who is likely a 2nd WR on most teams...he has brought the best out of castoffs like David Patten, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, 7th Rounder David Givens, etc...while the Colts have sunk huge cap dollars into their offensive talent.

The bottom line is that Tom usually plays his best football in the Playoffs, which is exactly when Peyton is terrible. Except for one Half against the Patriots, Peyton has been gross vs. the tough teams in the Playoffs.

Last edited:
yah and your an old gay guy living with his mom, but we worked around that didn't we :)
Hey little boy, go clean your room, and don't forget to make your bed.

"WE" worked around that?? And tell me, when did you join again? May? I have seniority here, little man. Now, off to bed without any supper!

Hey little boy, go clean your room, and don't forget to make your bed.

"WE" worked around that?? And tell me, when did you join again? May? I have seniority here, little man. Now, off to bed without any supper!

A Patriots fan who has been posting here for one day has seniority over a Colts fan with 10 years.

Thats fine, if you think its more important to have great stats than actually win things its fine. And what about the 01 team?

Plus if pay me a ton didn't demand so much money maybe ye could splash out a bit on defense.

I love it when people criticize him for his contract. Whats he supposed to do? Play for peanuts? He's the highest paid player in the game for a reason: because he's the BEST player in the game. Simple, really.:D

He would've gotten that contract either way, whether from Indy or some other team.

I love it when people criticize him for his contract. Whats he supposed to do? Play for peanuts? He's the highest paid player in the game for a reason: because he's the BEST player in the game. Simple, really.:D

He would've gotten that contract either way, whether from Indy or some other team.

That's strange, because Tom Brady's the best player in the game...

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid the facts don't bear it out.:p :D

The problem with "facts" is that football is a team sport. How much did Harrison and Wayne help PM? How much did PM help those two? What if Irsay decided to put $$$ into the defense, and couldn't afford both of them.

The traditional argument has been that PM has the "stats", so he must be better. That doesn't hold up to a really serious examination. Too many variables to draw a conclusion.

If you stick by the "stats" argument, if tb passes for more yards this year than pm, do you concede the "best" to be Tom?

What 'facts' do you allude to?

I guess I meant thats my opinion. They're the two best in the league, by a long shot. I guess we should be happy they play for our teams and forget about PROVING who's better, eh?:D

I guess I meant thats my opinion. They're the two best in the league, by a long shot. I guess we should be happy they play for our teams and forget about PROVING who's better, eh?:D

Yeah, I think that will be the concensus again at Indy Star after this season.;)

I love it when people criticize him for his contract. Whats he supposed to do? Play for peanuts? Wahhhhhhhh... Wahhhhhhhh... He's the highest paid player in the game for a reason: because with a HOF kicker he can win a championship. Oh...wait...:eek:

Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot Colts fans change tunes. For the longest time all we heard was how from Indy's vantage point it appeared as if the kicker and the defense and the team was the difference maker here. Then that very kicker moves to Indy and literally kicks the prolific passer into the AFCC game and his defense steps up behind a SS, and a RB tandem carries him to a championship in a co-MVP worthy SB performance, and suddenly Colt fans are talking about team wins in no way diminishing QB value.

Hmm... if the Colts are now a team and Manning's contract in no way impacts their ability to field a defense, the ultimate test just may be which QB wins more rings with Vinatieri, and who wins any without him...:D

Would be the no more excuses comparison where rings should be the ultimate determinator of who is the best QB, because all things being equal - and apparently in Indy they now believe they are actually fielding a team with an overall edge talent wise - that should be the guy who wins.

Somehow, though, don't you get the feeling that if we win #4 this season comparisons will go right back to the meaningless stats and unfair advantage based status quo comparisons? LOL

i'm looking forward to play the Colts...

Yeah, I think that will be the concensus again at Indy Star after this season.;)

Right, because the pats have our number, right? Oh wait, nevermind........

Funny how when the shoe is on the other foot Colts fans change tunes. For the longest time all we heard was how from Indy's vantage point it appeared as if the kicker and the defense and the team was the difference maker here. Then that very kicker moves to Indy and literally kicks the prolific passer into the AFCC game and his defense steps up behind a SS, and a RB tandem carries him to a championship in a co-MVP worthy SB performance, and suddenly Colt fans are talking about team wins in no way diminishing QB value.

Av played a large role in our super-bowl run, theres no doubt about it. But without Peyton Manning, this team doesn't even make the playoffs, much less get to the Super-Bowl. Also, KC and Balt gameplanned to stop Peyton, figuring they could contain Rhodes and Addai. That partially explains Peytons bad numbers in those 2 games, IMO. It's also why Rhodes and Addai were so effective. Oh yeah, there was also the record-breaking performance against the pats in which he CLEARLY outplayed "Mr. Clutch", who only managed to throw the season ending interception. :rolleyes:

Hmm... if the Colts are now a team and Manning's contract in no way impacts their ability to field a defense, the ultimate test just may be which QB wins more rings with Vinatieri, and who wins any without him...:D

Again with the contract....... Peyton Mannings cap hit for next year is 8.2 million, according to https://oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/bavanlan/Salary Cap/thoughts1.html. Bradys is 7,446,720 according to http://www.patscap.com/index.html. As you can see, Toms cap number is almost as big as Peytons. Does his contract cripple the pats? Why does Peytons impact us while Toms doesn't affect the pats?

Would be the no more excuses comparison where rings should be the ultimate determinator of who is the best QB, because all things being equal - and apparently in Indy they now believe they are actually fielding a team with an overall edge talent wise - that should be the guy who wins.

:confused:

Somehow, though, don't you get the feeling that if we win #4 this season comparisons will go right back to the meaningless stats and unfair advantage based status quo comparisons? LOL

Peytons got his ring. His legacy is secure already, even if he never wins another. If he stays healthy and plays as long as he says he wants to, he'll retire with EVERY passing record in the books. And IMO, if that happens, EVERY discussion about the Greatest Of All Time will START with Peyton Manning, regardless of what Tom does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News