PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian R: Jets DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strickland is an idiot.

He got layed out, plain and simple. It's not even that embarrassing of a hit, considering he wasn't looking and he gives up ~100 lbs to LeVoir.

He just needs to shut his pie hole.

People, I present to you prima facie evidence of "Why We Hate the Jets". There's a sina qua non that the Jets team and organization possesses, a pervasive eau de skunk quality about them.

Re: Ian R: DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

That team is full of a bunch of cry babies. They need to put some big boy pants on and stop worrying about other teams and take a hard look at themselves cause they complain like a bunch of punks.

Oh but its not the best there is , its what all there is. Reminds me of the chargers, when its all going good for them, the sky's the limit. Now when its all bad they just whine about everything and blaming someone else!!

oreillymad.jpg

5'10", 185 pounds vs. 6'7", 310 pounds? Yeah... good luck with that buddy.

Collectively the Jets remind me of the stereotype of a schoolyard bully. They can dish it out but they can't take it. Talk a lot of talk, but as soon as somebody stands up to them they cry and whine, and all the things they said and did don't count because they were 'just kidding'. In this case a Jet is trying to divert attention away from the fact that he not only made a poor play (not being aware of the play on the field) but got leveled; so in order to avoid embarrassment he points his finger in the opposite direction in order to divert attention away from himself and his shortcomings.

As I recall on the replay Strickland had red marks on his chest, I'm assuming from LeVoir's facemask; if LeVoir's helmet slid up and hit Strickland in the head, I don't know how that could have been avoided.

How about saying something like "I didn't see him, I need to be more aware on that kind of play in the future" or something like that? Interesting that both the Jets and Ravens players act so similar; the obvious link being Rex Ryan. Meanwhile Ryan and the Jets whine about 'respect'; if a Jet hit a Patriot player like that, how would they have reacted?

Does anybody have a link to video? I'd like to see it again to see if my perception of the play is correct. Lavoir hit him with his head up. He didn't spear him and I'm sure there was contact between their helmets but this was a classic pancake block. Sour grapes.

People, I present to you prima facie evidence of "Why We Hate the Jets". There's a sina qua non that the Jets team and organization possesses, a pervasive eau de skunk quality about them.

Absolutely. :agree:

Jets = everything I hate about humanity

I'll be honest, I didn't like the hit to the helmet. I'm not sure if he intended to hit him there or not, but I wish he'd just leveled him without a helmet hit to the side of the head. With all the concussion problems going on, there's a case where it appeared to be avoidable.

Does anybody have a link to video? I'd like to see it again to see if my perception of the play is correct. Lavoir hit him with his head up. He didn't spear him and I'm sure there was contact between their helmets but this was a classic pancake block. Sour grapes.

Clean triple-stack pancake with extra syrup. Never saw it coming. Very lucky he didn't get a concussion.

Last edited:

Are you freakin' kidding me? It was a 100% clean block, with nothing even remotely wrong with it, and he says this crap?

It must be a team thing, I swear. The Jets have taken over from the Chargers as being the biggest whining team.

How much would it hurt to say, "hey, he laid a crunching block on me. Well done on his part". Did that hit take away from his man hood, or is he just following the ways of his head coach? What a girly man!

I'll be honest, I didn't like the hit to the helmet. I'm not sure if he intended to hit him there or not, but I wish he'd just leveled him without a helmet hit to the side of the head. With all the concussion problems going on, there's a case where it appeared to be avoidable.
Looked to me like just before the hit Strickland bends his knees and waist in an attempt to get down low in preparing to try to tackle Welker. In real time speed I don't know how LeVoir avoids hitting him high when Strickland crouches like that just before impact.

Collectively the Jets remind me of the stereotype of a schoolyard bully. They can dish it out but they can't take it. Talk a lot of talk, but as soon as somebody stands up to them they cry and whine, and all the things they said and did don't count because they were 'just kidding'.

Beat me to it with the bully viewpoint. Classic bully behaviour when smacked back hard. Coach too. Bigtime.

Any one find video of the hit online? I'd like to see that as a sig...

Strickland received a concussion from that pancake hit, per PFT.

I'd be appalled if Strickland doesn't receive a very heavy fine for his comments. It's the league's responsibility to penalize LeVoir for the fine, if they see fit to, not Strickland's. The promise to retaliate and injure another player is a far worse offense than a spontaneous cheap block (which I don't even think it was) in the midst of a game.

But, so far, based on his time as Commish, Goodell has proven he's a tough guy at all the wrong times, and hides in a corner when he's needed.

And no, I don't think it was a dirty hit at all, it was not helmet-to-helmet.

I could seriously watch that block over and over again and never get tired of it.

I could seriously watch that block over and over again and never get tired of it.

Gotta say that the fans at the game really loved it too. Curiously, I hadn't realized how BIG LeVoir was untill Sunday. Only SeaBass was bigger. I was concerned when SeaBass went missing not having had any announcement on the PA or seen anything happen. Then much later we saw him running sprints to the cone on the sidelines warming up and I knew all was well. The guy is seriously cut, amazing for a lineperson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back