PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian R: Jets DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Do these guys ever shut it down?

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Jets DB Donald Strickland says Mark LeVoir’s hit was a “cheap shot,” vows to “retaliate”

Nope, not moving on to the Saints just yet… especially with the Jets continuing to chirp about Sunday’s game. First, it was coach Rex Ryan complaining about being “disrespected” late in the 31-14 loss to the Patriots.

This time, it’s Jets DB Donald Strickland. Remember him? He’s the guy who nearly got decapitated by reserve offensive lineman Mark LeVoir (pictured, No. 64) on a screen. I mean, he got ear-holed and didn’t return due to an apparent concussion.’’

Tonight, speaking to the Newark Star-Ledger’s Dave Hutchinson, Strickland reacted.

“I think it was a real cheap shot,’’ Strickland told The Star-Ledger.

‘‘He really didn’t have to go at my head like that, especially with the NFL’s precaution about helmet-to-helmet contact,” Strickland continued. “It happened. It was a block and he took advantage of it. But I guarantee you the next time we play them it’s going to be a different story. I’m making a point of emphasis to retaliate. That’s the way I feel.’’

Wow.

Last edited:
Re: Ian R: DB Strickland sets his sights on LeVoir...

Much more worrisome than Strickland going after Patriots is this:

The Jets released a statement saying a ‘‘rogue tweeter’’ hacked into the Twitter account of WR David Clowney and started sending profanity-laced messages to followers who had criticized the team after the loss to the Patriots.

I wonder if they realize they can get into hot water by lying about this sort of thing.

Really? You don't say?

baby-yawn.jpg

hahah 5"10 185 is gonna retaliate against a 6"7 310 guy. luckily LeVoir is signed through 2011 so theres a chance for a repeat (hopefully no injuries but maybe put LeVoir in at FB or extra TE in run blocking situation)

That team is full of a bunch of cry babies. They need to put some big boy pants on and stop worrying about other teams and take a hard look at themselves cause they complain like a bunch of punks.

More talk coming from the Jets. :rofl:

Is there a more pathetic franchise in sports?

He got blocked in the head?? ya think? As short as Strickland is, i'm surprised Mark didnt miss his head entirely. He'd have to be on his knees to block Strictland in the chest. :rolleyes:

DB talking about cheap shots? DB's are the absolute worst cheap shot artists out there!

Anyways good luck to Strickland. OT's never carry the ball so he's pretty much admitting he's going to lower himself to thuggery in order to get retaliation. And he'll get knocked unconscience again while attempting it.

In related news, there's a chihuahua that has it in for me.

He'll probably try to run him over in the parking lot before the game next year.

Obviously the Jets do not understand the concept of team....

Wait, what's this about Rex Ryan feeling disprespected? What did we do this time?

Looks like another Jest player who doesn't realize that football is a contact sport.

This isn't the playground!

Wait, what's this about Rex Ryan feeling disprespected? What did we do this time?

kicked the **** out of them

this is coming from a team that sent out all the patriots ex players to the coin toss 1st game... and they call us cheap and classless. Unlike them we don't have to resort to gimics to win games we have a winning culture and understand the season doesn't go for 3 games

This annoys me. That was a legal hit. If he had the opportunity, he would level any Pats player he could. He needs to be quiet.

The problem for strickland is that every coach in America is now going to show that film as a lesson on how to block on a screen. That was a perfect, textbook block. Apparently, getting hit in a game is now a "cheapshot" if it happens to a jest player. Maybe they should join a flag football league or something. As JSN said, these guys really need to shut up. No one wants to hear you whining when you've lost 6 our of your last 7 games.

I think strickland will wait until Levoir is sitting down stretching and then attack him before the game.....Probably the only way it would be semi-fair...:)

Well maybe he will get his shot if we meet the Jets again in the playo...*looks at Jets record* oh my mistake, maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back