PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hypocrite Dungy Slams the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, other than stupid attacks on Dungy for things that have nothing to do with football, does anyone have something meaningful to say on the topic? After all, it's not as if Dungy was wrong in what he said if you consider what the Patriots did to be cheating.

I question the Colts SB. Howard Mudd broke down the Bears defensive signals. I think they cheated, and moreso than the Pats. The Pats filmed signals for advanced scouting. Mudd was doing in game signal breaking to benefit his team on the field.

And, please go to hell, Dungy. You should kiss Peyton's @ss every day for getting past your bad coaching and delivering you a Super Bowl ring.

You can't be serious. What Dungy did was to use innuendo without naming names in a very sneaky manner.

He just didn't have the balls to name names and name teams. Instead he did it like a little skunk sneaking up from behind.

Where do you get this theory from, since it's not in the article? The article says that he pointed to the Patriots.

What a hipocrite. Someone in his own coaching staff was doing it according to Jimmy johnson.

I guess he doesn't know that piping in artificial crowd noise is cheating :rolleyes:

Plus it always helps when the rulemakers (polian) and the rule enforcers (officials) are on your side :rolleyes:

and furthermore......
With whats going on now with Marvin Harrison, he should be laying low on the judgement for a while.

I wonder how Dungy will handle that.
They didn't print one of the questions that was asked:

Student: Mr. Dungy, how would you feel about having a murder suspect on your team.

Dungy: That depends

Student: On what?

Dungy: how good of a player is the guy?

According to the excerpt in the opening post of this thread, you can see where he is going with his comments and what team and/or person he is referring to. That is the use of innuendo without naming names and yet everyone knows who he is talking about.

Here are Dungy's words. We talk about how important it is to do things the right way and have integrity so that when you do win, people can never ask that question, Dungy he said. "That's the great thing that I'm happy about with our team. Added Dungy: Yes, we won. But no one is really going to ask, 'Did they cheat? Did they do things the right way?' I think our record speaks for itself and if you're a true champion, that's the way you'd like it to be

Now, anyone with any common sense knows who he is referring to. Instead of being a skunk sneaking up, why doesn't he just name names instead. He could have said it this way, instead.

"We talk about how important it is to do things the right way and have integrity, unlike the Patriots, so that when you do win, people can never ask that question," Dungy he said.That's the great thing that I'm happy about with our team." Added Dungy: "Yes, we won as did the Patriots But no one is really going to ask, 'Did they cheat like the Patriots did? Did they do things the right way?' I think our record speaks for itself and if you're a true champion, that's the way you'd like it to be.

He may as well have said it that way, but no, he is being a weasel instead.

In other words, you've got nothing, since the article notes that he brought up the Patriots.

What a hipocrite. Someone in his own coaching staff was doing it according to Jimmy johnson.

I guess he doesn't know that piping in artificial crowd noise is cheating :rolleyes:

Plus it always helps when the rulemakers (polian) and the rule enforcers (officials) are on your side :rolleyes:

1.) I don't recall Johnson saying that it was being done while that "someone in his own coaching staff" was a member of Dungy's coaching staff. He was talking about Mudd doing it when he was a Chiefs assistant under Schottemheimer.

2.) There's been no proof of artificial crowd noise being piped in. There was proof of the Patriots taping from the sidelines.

I'm not saying this stuff isn't somewhat circumstantial, but just that the issue hits a little closer to home than old Dung' realizes.

There was proof of the artificial crowd noise that many believe was covered up. A few teams complained about it, and then there was the noticable skip in the track during the pats game in week 9. I don't totally buy the "it was the broadcasts fault" since the Krafts and others heard it in the stadium, and it didn't sync up with the broadcast. I understand why the commissioner swept it under the rug though. If another big scandal hit last year, The league would be a laughing stock, and he would be ruined.

As for Mudd taping while he was with the Chiefs.... Sure, it was back then. But he is guilty of it. Maybe he stopped when he got to the Colts :rolleyes: and maybe he didn't. Either way, with that under the belt of someone in his coaching staff, he should not be calling us out and saying "WE" (implying everyone on the team and his coaching staff) have never cheated.
Last time I checked, while he was working with the chiefs doesn't qualify as never.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this stuff isn't somewhat circumstantial, but just that the issue hits a little closer to home than old Dung' realizes.

There was proof of the artificial crowd noise that many believe was covered up. A few teams complained about it, and then there was the noticable skip in the track during the pats game in week 9. I don't totally buy the "it was the broadcasts fault" since the Krafts and others heard it in the stadium, and it didn't sync up with the broadcast. I understand why the commissioner swept it under the rug though. If another big scandal hit last year, The league would be a laughing stock, and he would be ruined.

As for Mudd taping while he was with the Chiefs.... Sure, it was back then. But he is guilty of it. Maybe he stopped when he got to the Colts :rolleyes: and maybe he didn't. Either way, with that under the belt of someone in his coaching staff, he should not be calling us out and saying "WE" (implying everyone on the team and his coaching staff) have never cheated.
Last time I checked, while he was working with the chiefs doesn't qualify as never.

So, in other words, Dungy and the Colts have not been found doing anything wrong, but you'll accuse them anyway because it allows you to feel morally free to attack him. Look, the reality is simple: New England was found guilty of serious wrongdoing by the commissioner, because I don't agree with his ruling or the way he handled the situation. I've defended the actions of Belichick, and I think Commissioner Clouseau should be removed from office immediately if not sooner. That doesn't make Dungy's comments wrong. People are, in fact, asking if the Patriots had to cheat to win, and calling the Super Bowls tainted.

Last edited:
So, in other words, Dungy and the Colts have not been found doing anything wrong, but you'll accuse them anyway because it allows you to feel morally free to attack him. Look, the reality is simple: New England was found guilty of serious wrongdoing by the commissioner, because I don't agree with his ruling or the way he handled the situation. I've defended the actions of Belichick, and I think Commissioner Clouseau should be removed from office immediately if not sooner. That doesn't make Dungy's comments wrong. People are, in fact, asking if the Patriots had to cheat to win, and calling the Super Bowls tainted.

Who is he to judge? Who is he to sit back in moral superiority and call out another coach and team? How is rubbing the Patriots problems in their faces any worse then running up the score or other forms of bad sportsmanship. What if Belichick were to go up on a podium and state that he wouldn't want to be remembered for lucking into one superbowl or that if you had a QB the quality of TB or PM then you should win several Superbowls? Its poor form to say what he said.

Who is he to judge? Who is he to sit back in moral superiority and call out another coach and team? How is rubbing the Patriots problems in their faces any worse then running up the score or other forms of bad sportsmanship. What if Belichick were to go up on a podium and state that he wouldn't want to be remembered for lucking into one superbowl or that if you had a QB the quality of TB or PM then you should win several Superbowls? Its poor form to say what he said.

Who is he to judge? he's one of the coaches who did not get penalized for taping signals from the sidelines. Who are you to comment about a speech you weren't even at?

Last edited:
Who is he to judge? he's one of the coaches who did not get penalized for taping signals from the sidelines. Who are you to comment about a speech you weren't even at?

And by extension, who are you to judge his judging of Dungy?. Deus, if you don't like the topic of the thread don't read it.

I personally couldn't care less what Dungy or anybody else says about the Pats. But those that do care come here to vent and you jump on em. Why? Let them have their little b*tch session and let off some steam.

Last edited:

Found guilty huh? and who is the one passing judgement? Roger Goodell..who is in charge of a business. I am sorry if I don't put the kind of faith you do in a commissioner of a football league. You are blind if you don't see that he has brushed aside every transgression since then. By brush aside I mean, blew off or gave a light punishment to.

I am not the one who accused the Colts of those things. That would be the heads of several NFL franchises, and we all heard the skip in the crowd noise on t.v. and before you say that it was just a broadcast problem, then how do you account for the people in the stadium hearing it? Don't tell me you are one of the idiots who believes their excuse of "well the skip was in the broadcast and we were sometimes playing the broadcast over the loud speakers. What team plays the t.v. broadcast WITH AUDIO, in the stadium during a game. I have never seen that done. I am a season ticket holder and never see it done at gillette (just the picture on the jumbotrons periodically) and I have also been to other venues and not seen it done. Isn't admitting you are pumping in the broadcast, which contains the crowd noise, an admission of guilt for pumping in crowd noise?
Why would any Audio/Video tech worth a damn do that anyway? They would surely know that It would cause horrible feedback.

Let me also state that you have to be thick to still be calling it cheating. let me say it for you one... more... time.... TAPING SIGNS IS LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not cheating. He taped them from an improper spot. thats the only transgretion and thats what he was punished for. It was the ridiculous severity of the punishment that made it seem to be a much bigger deal than it is.

I can accept the fact that the Patriots were "caught" taping in the wrong place, if you can accept that the taping itself, isn't cheating or illegal.
I also like the term caught when he was tattled on by Mangini, who also FOR A FACT took part in, and benefitted from the acts for years. The FACT is that the Jets were "caught" here doing the same thing, and when asked about it by the commissioner, the Jets said they had permission. The Pats said the didn't, but the commish took the Jets word for it and said there was no violation because they said they had permission. So how can the leagues rule, which is supposed to be iron clad, not count if you say you have permission?

Listen buddy, I get it. You are a troll. thats fine. But please don't try to pretend that you're a Pats fan to try to validate your claims of "cheating".
Just take away that picture of Belichick and put a picture of your teams logo or something.
Besides, if he is the cheater you say he is, then why idolize him in your signature?

Last edited:
We got three rings going on 5 or so....you'll never see ANY. Skarew u.
maybe not, but we're both going to have to live with being called cheaters

welcome to that reality :D

what can u expect? 95% of teh coacehs and fans who made a deal about spygate did because of one thing....jealousy

if their team was a dynasty right now, none of them would give a damn

dungy apparently has heard of the quote,

"the ones who are forgotten are those who go [to the sb], and lose, or those who win only once"

bye bye dungy
agree, i wouldn't give a **** about being thought of as a cheating franchise if i had the lombardis

just have to deal with it

seems alot of people here can't deal with or accept it

I just hope that Dungy prays for the forgiveness of BB and all of his devil loving schemes...

Just some more sanctimonious BS from the judgemental hypocrite. I am sure that if the Pats had Mudd on their staff stealing signs they would not need to tape games. Perhaps Dungy is unaware of the fact that Polian is fixing the rules on his behalf behind the scenes. I also guess that collusion to determine the outcome of a game is part of the fair play he prizes.

While I think this remark is over the line, I am amazed by how sanctimonious this guy is. What a loser. His retirement can't come soon enough.

I agree. Shut your F-ing mouth Dungy. Do you think BB would ever make comments like that about other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back