PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How nervous are you about the Bills game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But looking at the play by play, the Chiefs never had a chance to run the ball because Cassel sucked early making the Chiefs go three and out or not much more on all their opening drives. So again, tough to tell.

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bills - Play By Play - September 16, 2012 - ESPN

Either way, the Bills have not really been tested against the run. Depending on the Pats' game plan, they may not be tested this weekend. I still think Anderson is a weak link against the run though.

Even if the Pats' gameplan was to run (it won't be) I don't think they have any backs capable of testing the Bills D-Line.

It's always Brady who beats the Bills.

From this very thread:

If you are going to spout stats, at least possess a rudimentary contextual understanding of how those stats were accumulated.

In fairness to Rob, he can't be expected to watch our games. He is a Patriots fan. I know I don't watch New England's games when they play at the same time as us. Looking at the final stat line it would appear that Cassell torched our defense which was not really the case.

I already pointed this out to him earlier and he accepted it.

Even if the Pats' gameplan was to run (it won't be) I don't think they have any backs capable of testing the Bills D-Line.

It's always Brady who beats the Bills.

Every year, this site gets at least one Bills fan who comes in and acts as if the Bills have been winning Lombardis every year for a decade, despite that team's lack of relevance and success this century. Congratulations on keeping the streak alive.

Last edited:
The Broncos, Seahawks, and Jets games aren't gimmies eiether.
The Patriots may be very much overated.

You are a kind man. I would have said "are" instead of "may be".

Every year, this site gets at least one Bills fan who comes in and acts as if the Bills have been winning Lombardis every year for a decade, despite that team's lack of relevance and success this century. Congratulations on keeping the streak alive.

Where exactly have I acted like the Bills are world beaters? I simply provided my insight as to what I think is going to happen, and haven't been disrespectful to anyone.

Where exactly have I acted like the Bills are world beaters? I simply provided my insight as to what I think is going to happen, and haven't been disrespectful to anyone.

I think your first post in the thread, where you said that a team which finished last year 1-8 is better than the team that beat in in the division and went to the Super Bowl, is a pretty good place to start.

I think that the Pats win this game pretty easily, but if they don't then they probably just aren't good enough to contend. As a result, I'm not really worried.

This is exactly why I'm worried, because I know they should win this game fairly easily yet a loss will put them at 1-3. Except I don't agree that if they lose they aren't good enough to contend. That's why the thought of a loss is creating a pit in my stomach... If they lose this one then a team that is easily one of the most talented teams in the NFL is going down the path to an early demise.

This team can't shoot themselves in the foot with this game. They could easily be 3-0 right now but the past couple weeks they fell short... Very short. The Ravens didn't beat the Patriots. The Patriots beat themselves. Right now it's the Patriots vs the Patriots and only the Patriots can lose... Lets get this one on Sunday and we can relax a little bit knowing that the past couple weeks have been simply a fluke.

What is upsetting me is the uneven play calling. Huge losses by
Woodhead at key moments to kill drives. Too many huge losses means a loss at Buffalo.

I think your first post in the thread, where you said that a team which finished last year 1-8 is better than the team that beat in in the division and went to the Super Bowl, is a pretty good place to start.

I think a lotof teams overall are beter football teams than the Patriots. Ithink Tom Brady is good enough to mask it however.

I think a lotof teams overall are beter football teams than the Patriots. Ithink Tom Brady is good enough to mask it however.

The Bills have been crap since about 1999, yet you came in here claiming that they are better than the Patriots after 3 weeks with the fake officials. Throw all the dressing on it that you want.

1-8 to finish last season v. the AFC Super Bowl representative.....

Last edited:
What is upsetting me is the uneven play calling. Huge losses by Woodhead at key moments to kill drives. Too many huge losses means a loss at Buffalo.
To blame the loss by the New England Patriots offense in Baltimore is a joke. The New England Patriots scored thirty points on the road in a hostile environment yet did not turnover the football once.

Take into account the number of offensive players listed on the injury report prior to the game:

Mankins - hip
Connolly - head
Vollmer - back
McDonald - shoulder
Lloyd - thigh
Hernandez - ankle
Fells - shin
Vereen - ankle

Furthermore, Julian Edelman did not play in the second half due to an apparent hand injury. Banged up and bruised, the New England Patriots offense did their job.

To blame the loss by the New England Patriots offense in Baltimore is a joke. The New England Patriots scored thirty points on the road in a hostile environment yet did not turnover the football once.

Take into account the number of offensive players listed on the injury report prior to the game:

Mankins - hip
Connolly - head
Vollmer - back
McDonald - shoulder
Lloyd - thigh
Hernandez - ankle
Fells - shin
Vereen - ankle

Furthermore, Julian Edelman did not play in the second half due to an apparent hand injury. Banged up and bruised, the New England Patriots offense did their job.
I don't blame the loss on the offense. However, one more score could have won the game despite the defense. The week before there was a huge loss at the end of the game on a flea flicker. The offense will be in sync and
then McDaniels will call a strange play which results in a huge loss and kills the drive.

Last edited:
The week before there was a huge loss at the end of the game on a flea flicker.
The loss on the flea flicker was a direct result of right guard Donald Thomas completely missing his blocking assignment. Due to an injury on the New England Patriots offense, a substandard backup was forced into action.

While I'm not thrilled with the offensive play calling at times, the tackling by the New England Patriots secondary has been just as atrocious during the last two weeks.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You realize the Patriots O-Line gave up more sacks on their last drive against Baltimore than the Bills have given up all season?
(The Bills haven't given up a legitimate sack yet.)

Also, go ahead and run at Anderson, he's been a beast against the run this year against RB's who are way better than anything the Patriots have.

I was referring to the Bills D-Line.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!! And with that, I would be shocked if you guys don't beat us. Are corners vs Thomas Brady is not looking good. But then on the other hand your corners suck too. lol

I don't blame the loss on the offense. However, one more score could have won the game despite the defense. The week before there was a huge loss at the end of the game on a flea flicker. The offense will be in sync and
then McDaniels will call a strange play which results in a huge loss and kills the drive.

When your defense is a flood gate, your offense always needs just "one more score." You have to draw the line somewhere, and 30 fricken points is a damn good place to draw it.

I was referring to the Bills D-Line.

You put o-line in your post... My bad. I still think that's incorrect. The pats d-line won't be able to do much against the bills o-line. If I'm wrong about that I'll come on here and admit it.

The Bills have been crap since about 1999, yet you came in here claiming that they are better than the Patriots after 3 weeks with the fake officials. Throw all the dressing on it that you want.

1-8 to finish last season v. the AFC Super Bowl representative.....

I would've told you that after zero weeks.

BTW, healthy bills were 3 points better than the super bowl representatives last year.

Mankins - hip
Connolly - head
Vollmer - back
McDonald - shoulder
Lloyd - thigh
Hernandez - ankle
Fells - shin
Vereen - ankle

Mankins and Edelman are among the MIA again today. Although the Edelman absense probably helped settle the offense down in the second half. Until they spit the bit on that last just convert down because they can't run block consistently. Now it sounds like Mankins may not be available on Sunday. We could be looking at a tossup between Connolly and McDonald/Cannon as to who plays LG/RG. Still absent Hernandez.

The defense better come to play.

I would've told you that after zero weeks.

That just reinforces my point.

BTW, healthy bills were 3 points better than the super bowl representatives last year.

Stupid comment. The Bills won because the player you acknowledge, Brady, tied his career high in INTs. In the rematch, the Bills got blown off the field.

So, beyond one game where Brady gifted them the game, the Bills haven't beaten the Patriots since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back