PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How nervous are you about the Bills game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mankins at practice again today...not good...more nervous now

First, the Pats have lost two games this season against what look to be two very good teams by a total of three points. In both games, the Pats could have and probably should have won. It isn't like the Pats have had a game yet where they were totally outclassed and outmatched and blown out.

Second, the Bills were pretty good last year before injuries when the Pats' lost.

Third, the 2002 team was a horrible team that still somehow got to 9-7. The defense sucked and the offense was just average.

Fourth, the Steelers' declines were not all due to injuries. They have fallen a pattern the last decade of two years as Super Bowl contenders followed by a dog year. Sometimes it was injuries. Others it was due to them needed to reload.

Don't tell that idiot in Arizona this. He said Brady tipped his plays. :rolleyes:

No mankins today.If he is less than 100% , with the bills pass rush, we are screwed.

No mankins today.If he is less than 100% , with the bills pass rush, we are screwed.

I am not worried at this point. Mankins played the entire year with a torn ACL and the playoffs with a torn ACL and a sprained MCL in the other knee. I am guessing they are giving him week off to heal and will play him on Sunday.

I am not worried at this point. Mankins played the entire year with a torn ACL and the playoffs with a torn ACL and a sprained MCL in the other knee. I am guessing they are giving him week off to heal and will play him on Sunday.

lets hope this is the case....

Part of me just wants us to lose and go 1-3, to be written off by every pundit and publication in the US for the rest of the season. I mean, I'd like to win, but we're also one game away from the impossible dream of being underestimated and flying under the radar for once. How about a drop to #18 in those power rankings, and throw in another loss to SF late in the season to confirm we're just a pretender?

Looks like Spiller practiced today.

They'll shoot Spiller up with pain meds for this game.

Looks like Spiller practiced today.

Even if him and jackson play..they are 75% at best

I am MUCH more worried about mankins probally not playing....:mad:

Dropping to 1-3 would suck, but I don't see that happening.

If you are nervous about the Bills game you are not real Patriots fans man. Real fans never get nervous before the games ! :D

The New England Patriots defense needs to show up for 60 minutes of football.

In fact, on third down Fitzmagic has racked up a sterling 115.5 passer rating. The Pats have allowed opposing quarterbacks two touchdowns, no interceptions and a 107.3 rating on the all-important down

he is that good on 3rd down this year?

I'm much more confident in the Pats pass rush when I can at least expect they won't be in choke holds all day.

as the days go by i become less and less confident...i now think a FG will win this game..they are going to get to brady....

And Fitz is very good on 3rd down...hopefully the D can get some stops..they are going to need them bad

The hole would be HUGE if they drop this somehow. They were close vs ari..lost..close vs balt loss...hope this isn't the trend for the year

Last edited:
he is that good on 3rd down this year?

Don't forget who has faced. The Jets' defense has allowed opposing offenses to convert a whopping 55.8% of their third downs (dead last in the league), KC has allowed 42.9% conversion rate of third downs (20th in the league), and only Cleveland is halfway respectable in that area with 35.6% of the third down allowed (11th and the Bills were 4 for 14 or 28.6% on third downs in that game).

On the flip side, the Bills' defense is also horrible at stopping teams on third down allowing opposing teams to convert 46.2% of third downs (25th in the league).

The Pats are tied for 12th with 36.1%. So other than the Browns, the Pats are far better on third down defense than the teams the Bills have faced.

Also, on the positive side of this particular stat, the Pats face some of the worst teams in this category over the next month including the Bills, Seattle (22nd with 44.7%), the Broncos (29th with 50%), and the Jets.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about their plane crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back