PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How nervous are you about the Bills game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to disagree about, really... The Gronk hold shouldn't have been called, and the Mayo call was just one of many in the Baltimore game.

I know you like to get the last word, Deus, but the Gronkowski hold was at the point of Woody's release from the line; he clearly has hold of the jersey in every clip, front and rear. The argument is that his hands were inside his body, but that was also a very close call and the split second delay enabled the runner to run free. The official saw all of that, reacted and decided it was a Hold. Was it? Maybe, maybe not. Would a more experienced official have been able to react differently? Maybe, maybe not. Pereira and others have the advantage of watching multiple freeze frame replays. As a Pats fan, I think it was a legitimate act that happens on just about every play, but I see the call going against us as part of the game and don't feel I can blame the loss on it. There are plenty of other things to blame for that.

Look, I take your point. But, I'm just reacting to all the people who are saying that we're 2--2 and not 4--0 because of a couple of calls.

That's just not true. Our guys read the spread and didn't show up until the fourth quarter v. Arizona and then missed a two point conversion and a FG (would have been clutch but should have been made) and next game had the ball and the lead with 4:01 to go v. Baltimore and Brady went 1 for 4 with a sack and we gave the ball back on a booming 30 yard punt to the 20 yard line.

Losing those games might have been nudged along by a couple of borderline calls, but those calls only mattered because of other factors.

Last edited:
Drugs? Failing education system? Lurching decline of an increasingly instant gratification based society? I am at a loss how ONE GAME IN SEPTEMBER can be the decider that the Patriot Dynasty is over.

The lack of logic, the over emotionalism, the disregard of established history.......it is just mind boggling that posters continue to make such absurd claims prior to a September game. Wow, just wow......

When was the last time this team went 1-3 against the cake part of a schedule and looked to lack continuity while doing it? IMO, doing so would have signaled the downslope (not end) of the dynasty era. Funny, though, how you accuse me of either being on drugs or coming from a failing education system when you apparently have a hard time reading a simple post. If you'll note, I stated that I believed that we would blow them out because I DIDN'T believe that we were on the downslope of a dynasty. Perhaps a set of bifocals is in order?

LOL. I am not nervous at all (on Monday morning). Half way through the 3rd quarter I was pretty nervous, though :)

I know you like to get the last word, Deus, but the Gronkowski hold was at the point of Woody's release from the line; he clearly has hold of the jersey in every clip, front and rear. The argument is that his hands were inside his body, but that was also a very close call and the split second delay enabled the runner to run free. The official saw all of that, reacted and decided it was a Hold. Was it? Maybe, maybe not. Would a more experienced official have been able to react differently? Maybe, maybe not. Pereira and others have the advantage of watching multiple freeze frame replays. As a Pats fan, I think it was a legitimate act that happens on just about every play, but I see the call going against us as part of the game and don't feel I can blame the loss on it. There are plenty of other things to blame for that.

It's not about getting the last word. It's about saying something that's correct. The former director of officials said it wasn't a hold that gets called. The replay showed it wasn't a hold that gets called. In comparison to the hold that didn't get called on Arizona when Gronk was in the endzone, it was nothing.

It wasn't a hold.

Look, I take your point. But, I'm just reacting to all the people who are saying that we're 2--2 and not 4--0 because of a couple of calls.

That's just not true.

Yes, it is true. For as bad as the team played against the Cardinals, they still would have won had the official not blown that holding call. In Baltimore, there were multiple game changing calls that, if not called, would have changed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News