PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How low will they go to trade A. Thomas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have a point with the Cardinals. They are desperate and could offer something. Their passrush is worse than ours.

In actuality, the Cards has 42 sacks last year. Not too shabby. In their Sb year, they had as a team 31.

At any rate, they could use AD. I could see him in AZ.

Last edited:
I like the idea of trading him to Arizona in part because he is then not only not in the AFC East, but not in the conference either. Best to keep a former player away from a team you could potentially face sometime this season.

Now if nobody is willing to trade for him (and his salary), what is the rush to cut him? I understand the possible distraction and attitude issue, but with this being an uncapped year the team can keep his salary on the books as long as they want. He could be traded for a pick in August, or cut as part of the final roster moves just before week one, for example.

I like the idea of trading him to Arizona in part because he is then not only not in the AFC East, but not in the conference either. Best to keep a former player away from a team you could potentially face sometime this season.

Now if nobody is willing to trade for him (and his salary), what is the rush to cut him? I understand the possible distraction and attitude issue, but with this being an uncapped year the team can keep his salary on the books as long as they want. He could be traded for a pick in August, or cut as part of the final roster moves just before week one, for example.

You are right from a financial standpoint. Personally, my fear is having AD around for the various camps. If hes spreading bad vibes to the rooks and FAs who come in, thats a pretty high price to pay to save some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft