PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How come we're not hearing from the '72 Dolphins this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually wouldn't bother me at all if the Saints were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl (unless we are playing them for the title). If that means that Mercury Morris would just fade off into obscurity then give me an undefeated Saints team any day of the week.

It actually wouldn't bother me at all if the Saints were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl (unless we are playing them for the title). If that means that Mercury Morris would just fade off into obscurity then give me an undefeated Saints team any day of the week.

I agree, given your qualifications.
However, in your lifetime you will soon thereafter see a NEW group of players consuming that champagne each fall...

I think there's less negative talk coming out of Miami because:

1) The Pats took some of the novelty out of it in 2007 (remember, it had been 30 years since it was done at the time).

2) In general, the Saints are a "feel good" story because of Katrina and, no matter how much we don't like it, a lot of people go for Peyton Manning's All American routine, so there are good vibes around the Colts as well.

3) The Pats are an easy target because people outside of New England generally don't like the Patriots, mainly (a) because we embarrassed other franchises by doing what no team was supposed to do in the Cap/FA era and dominated the Conference and League from 2001 on, doing it with a QB with a "Metro" image and a Brazilian GF and with an HC who was perceived as brilliant but remote and/or arrogant and (b) because Spygate hung over the team all season, peaking with the Horrald's fabrications right around SB time and (c) because we're relatively new on the "Elite Franchise" block and consequently are neither the Steelers with their "Working Man in the Heart of the Rustbelt" routine, nor the Cowboys with their "America's Team" shtick nor the 49'ers with beloved Joe Montana.

Just "Embrace the Hate" and you'll feel better. I know I do.

People outside of New England hate New England. I don't really understand it, but I've always found it to be the case. People just assume I'm going to be some smug know-it-all when they find out I'm from Boston.

Well, if Both NO and Indy do end up at 18-0 in the SB, I'll at least be slightly pleased in knowing somebody else will also sport that 18-1 stigma.:(

yah but i would prefer to see a 16-1 one and done stigma, which i think is worse . . .

COWBOYS
:singing:

I remember hearing something from Shula a week or two ago.

COWBOYS
:singing:

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that the Saints should be breathing a sigh of relief this morning. For me, without the burden of a perfect season hanging over them, their chances of winning the SB if they play anybody but the Pats just went through the roof.

I'm torn between wanting the Colts to lose one of their next two games (particularly that last one in a blizzard in Buffalo when the Bills will be playing their Super Bowl--wouldn't it be great, two Super Bowls in the AFC East before the Season even ends!) and between wanting them to enter the Playoffs 16--0 so we can knock them off.

New Orleans should be breathing a sigh of relief if increasing the likelihood of one Super Bowl is more important than having one of the five perfect regular seasons since 1930.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that the Saints should be breathing a sigh of relief this morning. For me, without the burden of a perfect season hanging over them, their chances of winning the SB if they play anybody but the Pats just went through the roof.

I'm torn between wanting the Colts to lose one of their next two games (particularly that last one in a blizzard in Buffalo when the Bills will be playing their Super Bowl--wouldn't it be great, two Super Bowls in the AFC East before the Season even ends!) and between wanting them to enter the Playoffs 16--0 so we can knock them off.

My guess is Bill Polian visited with these guys and made them offers they couldn't refuse... like he did with the league refs. ;)

Seriously though, I think now that a team has gone through the regular season undefeated, it's not seen as that big of a deal anymore, even though that team (who shall remain nameless) didn't finish the job in the end. I'm sure that the fact that it's not the Pats weighs into it too, however.

I'm not sure the Pats are scaring anyone this year. Plus the way the Saints shellacked us, I'm guessing they pray they play the Pats in the SB lol.

I'm not sure the Pats are scaring anyone this year. Plus the way the Saints shellacked us, I'm guessing they pray they play the Pats in the SB lol.

In the last decade, we beat the Rams after they beat us in the reg season and NY beat us in the SB after we beat them in the reg season. I like our odds. Regardless of how we've played as of late, that would have to be on their minds.

In the last decade, we beat the Rams after they beat us in the reg season and NY beat us in the SB after we beat them in the reg season. I like our odds. Regardless of how we've played as of late, that would have to be on their minds.

The Colts also beat NE twice in a season to win a SB, how do you feel about that when it comes to a Colts/Pats rematch?

The Colts also beat NE twice in a season to win a SB, how do you feel about that when it comes to a Colts/Pats rematch?

Actually, after our last outing against them, I'd still like our chances. We were robbed big time. I'd rather face them then the Broncos, Chargers, or even the Bengels in the play offs. Their like the softest 14-0 team I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes