PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hope I am Wrong About the Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of people said the Patriots *destroyed* the Bengals. I say this is not accurate. Instead we I say we caught them napping and did a lot of damage early since by the time the game ended they had more yardage. If they were in our division or both teams make the playoffs, they could win a rematch. Time will tell.

ctpatsfan77 said:
And yet they still basically had to take what the Patriots gave them

Yes, which was to find the open receiver, or at least the one in single coverage. Palmer threw for over 350 yards. I am saying that this game does not change my mind that Cinci has a decent offense, possible top 10 or 12, and a good defense, perhaps top 10.

I like how our defense responded. I think they matched up well against a good offense. If there is anything I am conservative on, it is McCourty. I love the guy, and loved the pick back in april, but I think TO is no better than an average receiver by now.

Yup, they scored 3 times when the Pats were playing specifically to make sure they wouldn't score 5 times. It was a success, and people expecting 3 and outs from a prevent D are going to be frequently disappointed for no good reason.

I'm not sure the Pats employ a game plan that allows 3 TD in a half. No one is expecting 3 and outs every drive. But realistic fans will see that the pats aren't going to get TD's from the special teams and the defense every week. Take away those two TD's and its a tie game with a minute left, and the other team has the ball.

I'm not taking anything away from our D, the only people doing that are the ones saying that Cinci is a bad team.

???
The weakness of the bengals was and is their offensive line.

If we can bring today's pass rush every week, we'll be fine, and it's not like the Bengals are known for having a porous line or anything. TBC is for real.

A couple of people said the Patriots *destroyed* the Bengals. I say this is not accurate. Instead we I say we caught them napping and did a lot of damage early since by the time the game ended they had more yardage. If they were in our division or both teams make the playoffs, they could win a rematch. Time will tell.

what? they could never win a rematch. it was 31-0 before they knew what hit them, and that was with some pats missed opps.

i had some d-bag charger girls pick the bengals, but i think she's learned her lesson.

I/ve always felt BB was weakest at playing teams he had little experience or common opponents with. It was nice to see the Pats "bring it" in that situation and be the one the opponent had to adjust to, rather than vice versa. A lot of knowledgeable people had the Bengals winning this game, and the Pats stumbling through the to a 1-3 record at the bye to regroup. Things look better after today's effort.

No way, we completely controlled both sides of the ball. Playing a loose defense to chew up as much time as possible allowed the Bengals to score some, but not nearly enough. We also had a couple opportunities for ints to end the Bengals chances. Our offense never sputtered out either.

We dominated them

Coming into today, the Bengals had scored fewer than 20 points in 9 of their last 12 meaningful games. They were also middle of the pack last year in sacks. Their coaching is questionable at best, and the team is full of chuckleheads.

In other words, they were an excellent team for the Patriots to play at home to start the season. The Patriots had a solid win, with a lot of positives.

AND...the Pats beat a completely healthy Bengals squad with new playmakers...unlike the farce last postseason when they were missing SIX starters versus the Rats

All week leading up to the game most fans opinion of the Bengals was higher than mine.....I see them as an overachiever last year destined to go back to their 6-10 selves.
I hope that the general opinion of them is right and mine is wrong after we destroyed them today. Doesn't matter this was a strong game by the Pats regardless of whether that was a good, bad or average opponent.
you're talking like this is the bcs lol

This is correct. They were playing terribly in the first half then rallied, but it was too late. However I am not sure they would win again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3