Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
All week leading up to the game most fans opinion of the Bengals was higher than mine.....I see them as an overachiever last year destined to go back to their 6-10 selves.
I hope that the general opinion of them is right and mine is wrong after we destroyed them today. Doesn't matter this was a strong game by the Pats regardless of whether that was a good, bad or average opponent.

you posted "destroyed"...you'll get killed for that, Andy...only flaws and doom and gloom is allowed...team full of rookies and second year players on D manage to eke one out against the 11 Cincy All Pro's...NOT GOOD...very bad for the Patriots

I'm with you; in the game thread, I said they had a 7-9 ceiling, and I don't think they'll even do that well. They went 1-5 down the stretch last year for a reason, and are at best the third-best team in their own division.

They were missing SIX starters versus the Rats in the playoffs....before that they were rolling people last season...read the game logs...they ADDED offensive weapons this season...the poor Pats and their no talent rookies and 2nd year players BEAT THEIR BRAINS IN TODAY.

yeah...they must be bad...the Pats CAN'T be any good after all

Last edited:
All week leading up to the game most fans opinion of the Bengals was higher than mine.....I see them as an overachiever last year destined to go back to their 6-10 selves.
I hope that the general opinion of them is right and mine is wrong after we destroyed them today. Doesn't matter this was a strong game by the Pats regardless of whether that was a good, bad or average opponent.

It's important not to get too high with the wins, nor too low with the losses.

The next three games are all against division opponents. Afterward, we'll know much more about this team.

I personally think the Bengals were overrated coming into this game, but I thought they could go 9-7 or even 10-6 if everything went right. I think the way the Pats dominated in all phases for the first first half and the game was over by then for the most part was encouraging. Unless you face a 4-12 or 5-11 team, this type of domination is still impressive.

That said, the first week of the season can be weird and we can't get too excited just yet. Even

I personally think the Bengals were overrated coming into this game, but I thought they could go 9-7 or even 10-6 if everything went right. I think the way the Pats dominated in all phases for the first first half and the game was over by then for the most part was encouraging. Unless you face a 4-12 or 5-11 team, this type of domination is still impressive.

That said, the first week of the season can be weird and we can't get too excited just yet. Even if the Bengals live up the the AFC North winners that some people have predicted.

The win is an important win for us. For me, it is that simple.

With regard to Cinci, almost everyone had us a being a much stronger team. Seragin's computer model had the patriots by 11.5 points.

Like I posted right after the game...first game wins/losses are the LEAST indicative of a team's true character over the course of a 16 game season. One thing you CAN and should agree with is, Tom Brady is still one of the top three signal callers playing the game today.Period.

Looked like a bad team to me. How fortunate we get our growing pains against bad and way overrated (Jets) teams.

We're likely to improve much more than some other teams and there's no better way to struggle than to get wins while you're doing it.:D

they will be better than today. as long as better enough to beat mia/buff/nyj its good enough

Looked like a bad team to me. How fortunate we get our growing pains against bad and way overrated (Jets) teams.

We're likely to improve much more than some other teams and there's no better way to struggle than to get wins while you're doing it.:D

100% agree. Saying that the Bengals suck doesn't mean that I'm not optimistic about the win. It was a quality win, the Pats showed some god things, there's room for growth, and for at least this week I didn't even notice Mankins' absence. The Bengals not being a playoff-caliber team doesn't change that.

Like I posted right after the game...first game wins/losses are the LEAST indicative of a team's true character over the course of a 16 game season. One thing you CAN and should agree with is, Tom Brady is still one of the top three signal callers playing the game today.Period.

He's back at 100%, and 100% Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL, period. Better than Manning, better than Brees.

the bengals are a 8-8 to 10-6 football team and like most 4-3 defenses there pass rushing talent is on the outside were the pats have one of the best OT combo in the game... so we will know were the pats OL stands when they play the jets who can bring the rush up the middle in Brady, face

as far as the pats defense they are young fast and talented so they will show flashes of greatness at times but over all with no pass rush and a weak D line they are a just above average defense that will need the offense to score 28 + points a game to win i say the pats are a 12-4 team with a by in the playoffs

the bengals are a 8-8 to 10-6 football team and like most 4-3 defenses there pass rushing talent is on the outside were the pats have one of the best OT combo in the game... so we will know were the pats OL stands when they play the jets who can bring the rush up the middle in Brady, face

as far as the pats defense they are young fast and talented so they will show flashes of greatness at times but over all with no pass rush and a weak D line they are a just above average defense that will need the offense to score 28 + points a game to win i say the pats are a 12-4 team with a by in the playoffs
Pass rush looked OK to me today.

If we can bring today's pass rush every week, we'll be fine, and it's not like the Bengals are known for having a porous line or anything. TBC is for real.

They made our front 7 look ferocious. While I hope I'm wrong too, they are just not good enough up front despite the weapons they have. Back to being the Bungles, I pray they can steal 1 from the Steelers and/or Ravens.

Good to see fans reacting conservatively to the win, but let's give credit where credit is due. I don't see Cinci slipping that much from last year. They scored 21 points in the second half when they went to the hurry-up, and it wasn't like our defense didn't know what was coming. Their defense held us to one score in the second half.

This was a game where the Pats came out with more emotion, and are definitely better coached and better prepared, but Cinci is still over .500. I'd pick them for a wild card but I'm leaning towards the two wildcard teams coming out of the AFC south. TN and Houston look this year. I'm glad we're playing the AFC north. Pittsburgh and Cleveland should be easy, and Baltimore will provide a good test.

Good to see fans reacting conservatively to the win, but let's give credit where credit is due. I don't see Cinci slipping that much from last year. They scored 21 points in the second half when they went to the hurry-up, and it wasn't like our defense didn't know what was coming.

And yet they still basically had to take what the Patriots gave them.

And yet they still basically had to take what the Patriots gave them.

Yup, they scored 3 times when the Pats were playing specifically to make sure they wouldn't score 5 times. It was a success, and people expecting 3 and outs from a prevent D are going to be frequently disappointed for no good reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye