PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Pats fans, just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on this board , in different versions since 2000 and the most annoying at that time until recently was Jet trolls(anyone remember Soothsayer). The Colts are the most prevalent but with all the great games between the two that understandable.

PlexiGlass the Steeler toll

PlexiGlass the Steeler toll

Ya mean "PlaxicoRules"????? Oh, the memories.

Although Aurora Faye Brady will always be the most unsettling.

By far the best long time troll we've had over the years has to be Ryan the Colts fan. He's been all but adopted, protected from the newbies who don't know his history of well reasoned, insightful posts.
IMO the best pregame trolls have been the Panthers, even tho' that was a ways back, Bills come in a close 2nd for me.
The worst are the Chargers, they just seem to average out at age 12.

Ryan is a classy guy no doubt.

Also, the "Greetings from San Diego" guy is a pretty good guy as well. Does anybody remember his name??

I remember after last years playoff game he made it a pint to stop by , hurting as he was, and wish us the best.

When I first came here in 2000 ... IBleedGreen ...

really annoying troll ... his name is the clue for his team.

During the history of this MB, what team's fans have had the MOST TROLLS here?

Were there other persistent Fins' trolls like Aqua4ever, for example?

The week that really sticks out for me was the week leading up to the 2005 playoff game Pats v Broncos. Those donk fans were the out of control. Luckily for us their team has sucked enough that they stay away since then. But, the worst trolls over all are the ones that think they are fooling anyone by claiming to be a Pats fan but, are obvious trolls.

The Chargers fans were awful, to the point where Ian shut down registrations.

I imagine that there are some pretty obnoxious Pats trolls out there, though, especially as the team has been so successful. We all know that successful teams attract the arrogant arseholes (fans rather than players).

The Chargers fans were awful, to the point where Ian shut down registrations.

I imagine that there are some pretty obnoxious Pats trolls out there, though, especially as the team has been so successful. We all know that successful teams attract the arrogant arseholes (fans rather than players).

True, and I really wanted to like the Chargers fans. They were building their team the right way, they had salvaged the Eli manning fiasco into a windfall and had some great players.

It's too bad when a fan base goes where they may actually be treated cordially, and where there was no pre-existing animosity due to team history or anything, yet due to the actions of their trolls and whining and classless statements from their players, have managed to get themselves reviled here. Good work Chargers, that was a tough one to pull off.

Take a look at posters from other teams such as DisgruntledTunaFan, RyantheColtsFan, Workhorse, Sundayjack, and JackPMiller as an example of how to act on an opposing fans' messageboard.

SD can't set the standard for professional sports futility, that's a job we've been handling in Tampa for years. Granted, the Bucs and Lightning aren't utterly putrid nowadays but the Rays are holding the fort.

The difference between San Diego and Tampa is that we take a perverse pride in things going hideously, horribly wrong. To be honest, the Bucs and Patriots winning Super Bowls in the same decade as the Red Sox winning a series should be seen as some sort of sign of the coming apocalypse. If the Cubs and/or Browns make it before 2010, I'm heading out for the high timber. Events will be beyond all doubt at that point.

it's easily charger troll. i live in sd and trust me, they are the same in real life. they don't know ish about sports but continue to talk out of their behinds. they also root for ny sports teams. i've been rubbing their noses in it pretty good recently.

it's easily charger troll. i live in sd and trust me, they are the same in real life. they don't know ish about sports but continue to talk out of their behinds. they also root for ny sports teams.

That's an absurd generality since you have likely talked sports with less than 1/100th of 1% of people in San Diego and less than that percentage have ever posted on this board as well. There are uneducated morons in every city. I guess you found a few to associate with. Peas in a pod maybe? It's also absolute nonsense that people in SD generally root for NY teams. That's a comment just intended to fuel the flames of your NY hating brethren with no basis in reality.

tuckeverlasting: the credibility of anything you say from here on out just went flying out the proverbial window. You are kind of like a troll in reverse. You make stuff up to get your fellow fans fired up. Who knows maybe you have also been one of the "fans" trolling this board for your own amusement as well. I wouldn't put it past you after reading these inane observations presented as sweeping fact.

Last edited:
That's an absurd generality since you have likely talked sports with less than 1/100th of 1% of people in San Diego and less than that percentage have ever posted on this board as well. There are uneducated morons in every city. I guess you found a few to associate with. Peas in a pod maybe? It's also absolute nonsense that people in SD generally root for NY teams. That's a comment just intended to fuel the flames of your NY hating brethren with no basis in reality.

tuckeverlasting: the credibility of anything you say from here on out just went flying out the proverbial window. You are kind of like a troll in reverse. You make stuff up to get your fellow fans fired up. Who knows maybe you have also been one of the "fans" trolling this board for your own amusement as well. I wouldn't put it past you after reading these inane observations presented as sweeping fact.

Whether he has credibility or not in your eyes, it's pretty clear that many people think that the worst trolls on this board are SD trolls.

I know that Pats trolls can be obnoxious on other boards too but our worst trolls before and after every game against them are your brothers, like it or not. That's the general perception here.

For some reason, SD trolls think the Pats are some kind of rivalry for them and that we make moves based on SD. Indy trolls are either flaming us or try to reason but at least they've got something to back it up. SD trolls talk like they're the kings of the NFL and like to throw things in our face, talk about revenge and a single win over the Pats from the 1960s but when they get their shot at us, they crumble like a house of cards. Then, after a few wins over weak teams, they start to beat their chests again and talk about how the next time they meet, things will be different. That's why they're the worst. They're the ultimate losers. :D

You guys remember Manning10XMVP or something like that ? He was a terrible troll. Plaxico as someone else mentioned was a bad troll as well.

During the history of this MB, what team's fans have had the MOST TROLLS here?

Were there other persistent Fins' trolls like Aqua4ever, for example?

Well, we've had a couple of lifers like you mentioned. Most don't last after the game is played.
We can expect at least one AFC East rival to come on with an article anouncing that they have closed the gap, and how they'll "be back" to gloat on how they "embaressed the Pats" when the two teams meet. :bricks:

We had a Denver fan that wouldn't leave until around week 11 of 2006.:rolleyes:

But mostly, I find the invasion of Chargers trolls last January, and then the RE-invasion this past September fairly annoying. They've all gone the way of the Dinos though.

Last edited:
To me, it's a toss up between the Botls Trolls and the Rats tolls.
It's kind of like having to chose between brain cancer and lung cancer, with my apologies to cancer.
I hate those fan bases. They are just awful!

:rofl: :rofl:

Post of the day!

Definitely Chargers fans. I'm on record as to how pathetic I think they act.

They exist in a very insecure sports bubble, if you will. SD teams have, historically, set the benchmark for sucktitude. So, when a team has even a glimmer of hope, the hype machine in SD (which includes the fans, media and organizations) works itself into some sort of incestuous Mobius Strip of cornholery. The media starts it off with ludicrous proclamations such as: "This is the most talented team in the NFL" or "This is the best pitching staff in baseball", etc. Next, the teams all buy into the media hype and pass it along to the players who, in turn, become complete douchebags. This part can be confirmed by simply watching any Chargers postgame interview session. You'll see what I mean. Finally, the fans realize that the other two factors in this cluster#$@% are saying stuff and they ratchet it up another notch by proclaiming things like: "Phillip Rivers went to the Pro Bowl last year, so he's clearly in the conversation with Tom Brady and Manning" or "We've got 148 Pro Bowlers on our team... How about we just use that as a lame retort in any reasonable discourse taking place on other team's message boards! YAAAAAAY!".

There isn't another fan base I find more insufferable than SD fans.

best post 2007-2008.

edit: oops...didn't get to the cancer one -- it's a tie.

Last edited:
Hmmm...well I am a SD resident and I am a Charger fan. I have never been "trollish" or an arrogant homer IMO. It's sad that any f**k-face can sign up, post and ruin any respect one may have for the opposition due to idiotic trolls who want to vent. I have respect for just about all teams but not necessarily their fans, so I see where you guys are coming from. We get it from the Oak and Den fans all the time. A LOT of Pats fans troll the hell out of our boards too. But they are just people...who like a certain team...and act like children. So what? If you don't like controversy then don't post on a MB where people debate. Or if they are that bad then ignore them. It's that simple.

I am not defending all SD fans, as quite a few are bungholes...just as every team has, such as NEM or Keegs (according to you guys) but they have a right to be idiots as we have a right to be as smart and cool as we may think we are. Don't waste your time getting angry at the trolls...just laugh at them. It hurts them a lot more.

Hmmm...well I am a SD resident and I am a Charger fan. I have never been "trollish" or an arrogant homer IMO. It's sad that any f**k-face can sign up, post and ruin any respect one may have for the opposition due to idiotic trolls who want to vent. I have respect for just about all teams but not necessarily their fans, so I see where you guys are coming from. We get it from the Oak and Den fans all the time. A LOT of Pats fans troll the hell out of our boards too. But they are just people...who like a certain team...and act like children. So what? If you don't like controversy then don't post on a MB where people debate. Or if they are that bad then ignore them. It's that simple.

I am not defending all SD fans, as quite a few are bungholes...just as every team has, such as NEM or Keegs (according to you guys) but they have a right to be idiots as we have a right to be as smart and cool as we may think we are. Don't waste your time getting angry at the trolls...just laugh at them. It hurts them a lot more.

Some people are so arrogant to think that other teams fans are worse than their own when it comes to idiots trolling boards and acting like fools. The fact is there are idiots everywhere, in every city. No city as a disproportionately higher amount of them. I think if anything is true it's probably the more success a team has, the more bandwagon trolls come out of the woodwork from that city.

Last edited:
Some people are so arrogant to think that other teams fans are worse than their own when it comes to idiots trolling boards and acting like fools. The fact is there are idiots everywhere, in every city. No city as a disproportionately higher amount of them. I think if anything is true it's probably the more success a team has, the more bandwagon trolls come out of the woodwork from that city.

The city I'm in has a disproportionately higher amount of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News