PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, save it clown, I've probably flushed more about football than you'll ever know.

What is it with some of you Pats fans, the elitist arrogance. It's like, because Belichick is the coach, with his background and success, some fans seem to think they are the know-it-alls of the league.

I've got no problem with Ryan. I think he's a refreshing character in a league that's in dire need of some personality injections. He'll need to back up his talk, though, or he'll be hung out to dry.

The Jets suck overall, though, and their fans are the worst in U.S. professional sports.

heheheh, it is the arrogant elitist, yet, insecure Pat fan punk like you that gives Pats fans a bad name
If Pats fans are so bad, why are you here?

I copied this from your profile page

JetFan19 has not made any friends yet

Very appropriate

If Pats fans are so bad, why are you here?

I copied this from your profile page

JetFan19 has not made any friends yet

Very appropriate

Why, is this a Pats fans only forum? Just checking up on the competition, some links were pulled on to Jet sites, and I get a kick out of the Jets hating some times...

The Jets hate on this board is a reflex. It'll never change.

Personally, I think Rex is a helluva likable guy and I can see why his players would run thru a brick wall for him. On paper they are a top 4 team right now even without Rex. They still don't have the QB like we do tho.

Why, is this a Pats fans only forum? Just checking up on the competition, some links were pulled on to Jet sites, and I get a kick out of the Jets hating some times...
Not a Pats only forum, but there is a visitors locker room. If you feel compelled to insult pro-Patriot posters on a Patriot board, that would seem to be the best place for you.

The Jets hate on this board is a reflex. It'll never change.

Personally, I think Rex is a helluva likable guy and I can see why his players would run thru a brick wall for him. On paper they are a top 4 team right now even without Rex. They still don't have the QB like we do tho.
Can I get some of that 'paper' you are smoking?

heheheh, it is the arrogant elitist, yet, insecure Pat fan punk like you that gives Pats fans a bad name

Kid, I said RR was fun. Good for the NFL. Players would like to play for him. I just wouldn't want him as the coach of my team. Guys like him usually don't win over the long haul and don't last (see Glanville). You're the one who got defensive, you're the one who is on a Pats board. You're the one who called me a "clown" and "punk" - so I think you need to look up the word "insecure". Like I posted earlier, it's obvious you're excited...and good for you. You were probably the same after Mangenius led you to the playoffs, probably the same after Herm's "you play to win the game!" speech. You root for a pretty lousy franchise that has had little success over the past 40 years so you're like a schoolgirl on Christmas after last season - even though the Jets were basically a .500 team - but hey, that's an accomplishment for your organization. But please, stop calling people names, it makes you look small, foolish, and extremely defensive. You won't win any friends that way kiddo - I'm just looking out for you. :)

Street FA's to name a couple, Bart Scott, Jarret Johnson, Jim Leonard.. Dany Devito, and Jamal Westerman with the Jets...

Jarret Johnson was a 4th round pick.
Jim Leonhard spent 3 years in Buffalo, before one in Bmore and onein NY. That isnt a street FA, thats an undrafted FA developed by someone else.
Jamal Who?
My favorite though is Danny Devito. That isnt a player Ryan developed that is an actor who looks like him.

Nice try, you got one, wow I am impressed one undrafted FA who took 4 years to become a starter. How could I doubt his illustrious achievement in this area?

Jim Leonhard spent 3 years in Buffalo, before one in Bmore and onein NY. That isnt a street FA, thats an undrafted FA developed by someone else.
Jamal Who?
My favorite though is Danny Devito. That isnt a player Ryan developed that is an actor who looks like him.

Nice try, you got one, wow I am impressed one undrafted FA who took 4 years to become a starter. How could I doubt his illustrious achievement in this area?

You're wasting your time AJ. If you go back and read any of his posts, you can tell he isn't that big of a fan or at least he doesn't know what he's talking about. Kind of a bandwagon Jet/Rex guy. Every once in a great while you can find a Jet fan who isn't blinded by their Pats hate and can have an actual dialogue. This kid isn't one of them.

Jamal Who?

I was actually confusing Johnson with Michael McCrary.

Leonard was a nobody until Ryan got him.

Mike Devito was a second year player last year that blossomed under Ryan, not sure what you're talking about.

Point remains, Ryan is an old school coach that loves to take the unheralded player that has heart and is hustle player and develop them.

You're wasting your time AJ. If you go back and read any of his posts, you can tell he isn't that big of a fan or at least he doesn't know what he's talking about. Kind of a bandwagon Jet/Rex guy. Every once in a great while you can find a Jet fan who isn't blinded by their Pats hate and can have an actual dialogue. This kid isn't one of them.

I don't hate the Pats at all. I just enjoy knocking off blowhard punks, who like to flex their internet muscles like you off of their horse.

Last edited:
Leonard was a nobody until Ryan got him.

He was in our division in 2007: we played him twice and so did you. How do you not remember him? He had 54 tackles and 2 INTs for Buffalo that year, and was already a good player. He didn't go to Baltimore and suddenly make a huge leap; his improvement in Bmore, if there was any, was incremental.

As for the whole heart and hustle thing, every good coach is all about that. Look at the Pats' roster right now: we have an undrafted college wrestler starting at RG, another undrafted guy at LG, a 6th round QB turned best player of the generation, an undrafted wide receiver who has led the league in catches for three straight years, and our starters at OLB tonight were an UDFA and a 7th rounder. Rex Ryan isn't unique in that respect; in fact, I could list off quite a few coaches with a far more impressive track record for bringing along low-level prospects.

Last edited:
I don't hate the Pats at all. I just enjoy knocking off blowhard punks, who like to flex their internet muscles like you off of their horse.

Guys...we'd better watch out!

a-InternetToughGuy1.jpg

Tannenbaum seems to have hit a home run with a franchise QB, finally

73711950.jpg

...with a worse QB rating than JaMarcus Russell.

Home run.

Last edited:

So now you've called me a "clown, blowhard and punk"...but I'm the internet tough guy? Funny stuff kiddo. It's already been established you don't even know the personel of the Jets (not to mention how you don't believe clock management is a big deal for a HC), so why don't you spend a little more time reading up on your own team before you come here and try to hate on the 3 time Super Bowl Champs. I applaud your girlish enthusiasm about Rex, but Pats fans have seen this act before from your "fan" base. It gets a little old for us. But enjoy the season and hey, your Super Bowl is right around the corner - I'm assuming Week 2 is the Super Bowl for the Jets just like last year, right?

Last edited:

No; but when you come to start arguments and say things like:

You are going to get things said to you! You aren't helping yourself :D

He was in our division in 2007: we played him twice and so did you. How do you not remember him? He had 54 tackles and 2 INTs for Buffalo that year, and was already a good player. He didn't go to Baltimore and suddenly make a huge leap; his improvement in Bmore, if there was any, was incremental.

As for the whole heart and hustle thing, every good coach is all about that. Look at the Pats' roster right now: we have an undrafted college wrestler starting at RG, another undrafted guy at LG, a 6th round QB turned best player of the generation, an undrafted wide receiver who has led the league in catches for three straight years, and our starters at OLB tonight were an UDFA and a 7th rounder. Rex Ryan isn't unique in that respect; in fact, I could list off quite a few coaches with a far more impressive track record for bringing along low-level prospects.

Leonhard has been in the league for a long time, playing well. I just don't think he has gotten the recognition he deserved because of his size. I remember when he came to the Jets fans saying he was too small. So much for that way of thinking.

Last edited:
No, that is how Ryan always is, it's why Bart Scott mentioned in one of the interviews about who he would want to go into an alley with, Rex Ryan.

Please don't be naive to think Rex is a phony, because that is the exactly OPPOSITE of what he is. He's genuine, he has a loose cannon, but he's confident in what he does, and that is how he is, a FAR cry from the tightwad mumbles you have roaming the sideline.

Thing is, more than 90% of the fans that kill Rex, would KILL to have HIM as their team's head coach.

Do you think Rex gets his players to play as hard as they do for him, because he is a phony who likes a camera?

C'mon dude, I know you're a Jets hater, but be honest.

90%..doubt it. really really doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back