PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a pro bowl QB yet, but he's going to improve. Last year he had three horrific games:...

Not that you can do this, but without those games, Sanchez' td-int ratio is 11:8.

Why do people think it's perfectly fine to remove a bad game or two (or in this case THREE) to justify a point? If you are going to take off the worst 3, you need to take off the best three as well, and consider them within one or two standard deviations from the mean, which is being a bit rediculous.

Usually a standard deviation is the highest and lowest 2.5% or 5% of the overall sample base. You are choosing to remove about ~18% and at that only on one end, skewing the results.

Maybe a better approach is to take the whole season and just evaluate the facts as they are. Using the "if we just remove 1 or 2 bad games" approach, the Pats have had Three undefeated seasons in the last 10 years!

My prediction back in August for Mark Sanchez:

Lord knows my disdain for the Jets, but I predict (barring injury) a stat line for Sanchez something like this:

58-62% completion
3000-3300 yds
17-20 td
14-16 int

Not a pro bowl QB yet, but he's going to improve.

As of right now, 11 games in, his stat line looks like this:

55.2% completion (201-364)
2472 yds (projects to 3596)
16 td (projects to 23)
8 int (projects to 12)

I'm pretty close so far. Here's to hoping, however, that he puts up a 10-33, 67 yd, 0 td, 4 int performance on Monday, really skewing those stats.

:D

My prediction back in August for Mark Sanchez:

As of right now, 11 games in, his stat line looks like this:

55.2% completion (201-364)
2472 yds (projects to 3596)
16 td (projects to 23)
8 int (projects to 12)

I'm pretty close so far. Here's to hoping, however, that he puts up a 10-33, 67 yd, 0 td, 4 int performance on Monday, really skewing those stats.

:D
Did you really have to dig up old threads like this just to pat yourself on the back?

Did you really have to dig up old threads like this just to pat yourself on the back?

No. I can pat myself on the back for a lot of different reasons. :D

Come on, in all seriousness, lighten up. I'm just having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back