PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I thought you were jetsfan19, you guys are like ****roaches around here lately.
I dont know if ive ever read any of your posts, so my comments may have been right or wrong, but they werent intended for you.

I did the same thing earlier by mistake. NYJetFan seems very down to earth and can make an argument. JetsFan19 is way too defensive, has no idea what he is posting and is probably a 14 year old kid.

Last edited:
Yes he can. And like I posted many times, I like Ryan as a person. How could you not like him? I'm skeptical if he can have that type of temperment and make it work over the long haul in this league but he's great for the NFL and probably a tremendous guy to befriend. We'll see how it works out. Either way, Hard Knocks is must see TV for any football fan.

And that's the truth. I'll tell you, I've been a fan of the Jets since 91, and that teams fan base can love you one minute and hate you the next. Rex is popular now. Heck I'm totally amused by the guy. But if we're losing, I'm not sure how it will come across. He's certainly put enough material out there for you guys to screw with us should we not do well. But I appreciate that some people on here can get what he's attempting to do.

Last edited:
Why??????????????

I think he's hilarious. I like that he has guts (not "gut"). I like that he says what he thinks. It's refreshing and entertaining. He's obviously got an outstanding defensive mind.

Time will tell if he is a great head coach. But even though he coaches one of my most hated teams, I can't help but like the guy. Sorry.

And that's the truth. I'll tell you, I've been a fan of the Jets since 91, and that teams fan base can love you one minute and hate you the next. Rex is popular now. Heck I'm totally amused by the guy. But if we're losing, I'm not sure how it will come across. He's certainly put enough material out there for you guys to screw with us should we not do well. But I appreciate that some people on here can get what he's attempting to do.

I still wouldn't want him as a coach. I think he's a wildcard in every sense of the word. He definitely knows defense and he's a great communicator, but (leaving BB out of the argument) I'd much prefer a guy like Mike Tomlin over Ryan. That isn't to say I believe Rex is a bad coach by any stretch and can't win a SB, I'm not saying that at all. But personally, I just don't want a coach that is as emotional as I am. Give me the cold hearted, calculated guy every time. But both styles can work I guess but that "overly emotional type" hasn't done too well historically in the NFL and I'm not too fond of guys who can be described as an Uber Players Coach. It's generally only a matter of time before the inmates start running the asylum. All said, I don't think Ryan did as well as some biased Jet fans think last season and he probably did a much better job than some biased Pats fans want to give him credit for. But I'd still rather hang out with him than Mike Tomlin....

I still wouldn't want him as a coach. I think he's a wildcard in every sense of the word. He definitely knows defense and he's a great communicator, but (leaving BB out of the argument) I'd much prefer a guy like Mike Tomlin over Ryan. That isn't to say I believe Rex is a bad coach by any stretch and can't win a SB, I'm not saying that at all. But personally, I just don't want a coach that is as emotional as I am. Give me the cold hearted, calculated guy every time. But both styles can work I guess but that "overly emotional type" hasn't done too well historically in the NFL and I'm not too fond of guys who can be described as an Uber Players Coach. It's generally only a matter of time before the inmates start running the asylum. All said, I don't think Ryan did as well as some biased Jet fans think last season and he probably did a much better job than some biased Pats fans want to give him credit for. But I'd still rather hang out with him than Mike Tomlin....

In the end, it's always about the beer :)

It's cool. I've been a jerk to some of the members on here because I got tired of the Jets suck stuff all the time, but I'm only like that when people throw the same gargage at me non stop. I can't win them all :)

This may come as a shock, but theis is a Patriots board where the vast majority of posters know from decades of real life experience that indeed the Jets DO suck. Sorry about that but perhaps there are some fantasy sites that prefer to ignore reality and go with hype.

Leonhard has been in the league for a long time, playing well. I just don't think he has gotten the recognition he deserved because of his size. I remember when he came to the Jets fans saying he was too small. So much for that way of thinking.

Yeah, I've never really understood size complaints with safeties; we have too much track record of small safeties performing well. The only real knock on them is that they tend to have a pretty short shelf life, but as long as you have them while they're good and you're not paying them big money once they wear down and are getting hurt, then it's all good. Longevity's overrated: give me a guy who's good for 6 years, and who I can cut/trade after 5, over someone who's mediocre for 9 years. I'll take the former guy every time.

Last edited:

As I said earlier in the thread, I like coaches and players to show confidence. But Ryan is taking it way too far and his players are starting to follow him.

This may come as a shock, but theis is a Patriots board where the vast majority of posters know from decades of real life experience that indeed the Jets DO suck. Sorry about that but perhaps there are some fantasy sites that prefer to ignore reality and go with hype.

As I said earlier in the thread, I like coaches and players to show confidence. But Ryan is taking it way too far and his players are starting to follow him.

He's not going to be everyones cup of tea. I get that. My fiances dad is a pastor. I got him hooked on the Jets last year. So he signs up for HBO hard knocks and we start watching it together and there was more F words in the first five minutes. It did make me feel a little weird. But then again, I'm a cav scout in the army. I'm around a bunch of guys that curse non stop. It's hypocritical of me to let it bother me only when it suits me. Look, Mangenius was lifeless. The Jets needed something to lift them out of the ashes. For right or wrong reasons, there's life in the Jets and their fans now. I'm willing to see where that goes even if you guys guarantee it to flop. Why? Because we have nothing to lose. Most Jets fans have never seen the glory days.

I get that. My fiances dad is a pastor. I got him hooked on the Jets last year. So he signs up for HBO hard knocks and we start watching it together and there was more F words in the first five minutes. .

Is that hellfire and brimstone I smell? Appropriate punishment for taking an innocent human being and subjecting him to the cruel and unusual punishment of JET fandom.

Is that hellfire and brimstone I smell? Appropriate punishment for taking an innocent human being and subjecting him to the cruel and unusual punishment of JET fandom.

I'm catholic. I don't think we buy in to the hellfire and brimstone.

He's not going to be everyones cup of tea. I get that. My fiances dad is a pastor. I got him hooked on the Jets last year. So he signs up for HBO hard knocks and we start watching it together and there was more F words in the first five minutes. It did make me feel a little weird. But then again, I'm a cav scout in the army. I'm around a bunch of guys that curse non stop. It's hypocritical of me to let it bother me only when it suits me. Look, Mangenius was lifeless. The Jets needed something to lift them out of the ashes. For right or wrong reasons, there's life in the Jets and their fans now. I'm willing to see where that goes even if you guys guarantee it to flop. Why? Because we have nothing to lose. Most Jets fans have never seen the glory days.

I don't think it's a guarantee at all that the Ryan-way will flop. I just think it has the potential to blow up.

I've never put much stock into bulletin board material. Most of the time it's stuff that is way overblown, like the whole "kissing Belichick's ring" thing. But I do think that if you say enough or light the right fuse, it will affect the other team.

And I hear you about watching Hard Knocks. I watch movies a lot with one of my neighbors because he has a great sound system. I hate seeing a movie on tv then buying the DVD not knowing how edited it really was. It always makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Rex Ryan is a funny bastard and I like him in general. That said I hate his team more than ever.

Most Jets fans have never seen the glory days.

Speaking of Jets "glory days"...did anyone else get douche chills watching Joe Namath giving QB pointers and coaching tips to the Jets staff?

I'm sure they appreciated the help.:rolleyes:

You make it seem the Jets sought out Hard Knocks, when in fact it was the Jets that turned them down last year, only to have HBO come knocking and pleading back at their doors before this off-season.

Ya...I can tell Wrecks wants nothing to do with those cameras

Yeah, uh huh, he embarrassed us. Pats were embarrassed at home during the first round and were bounced, Jets made it to the AFC title game.

You have an interesting definition of "embarrassment."

As for Belichick not crying, are you serious? The guy can't even shake an opposing team coach's hand after a game, and is usually found running and ducking the media all the way to his mumbling and bumbling post game interview.

Only a jet fan would be content making it to the afc championship game.

After being handed a playoff birth on a silver platter...that is.

Not to mention half their fan base bailed on them a month earlier.

Speaking of Jets "glory days"...did anyone else get douche chills watching Joe Namath giving QB pointers and coaching tips to the Jets staff?

I'm sure they appreciated the help.:rolleyes:

I just laughed at him for wearing his shorts up to his chest, and Sanchez's "I'm trying really hard to make it look like I'm taking this guy seriously" expression.

I just laughed at him for wearing his shorts up to his chest, and Sanchez's "I'm trying really hard to make it look like I'm taking this guy seriously" expression.

Why they ever let Namath sit around the table and give advice is beyond me. I'm not sure who Hard Knocks thought that piece would appeal to but it made me vomit. It's not like Namath was even a great QB imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back