PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk/Pats Statement on latest Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Super Bowl in 2011? Only 17 points. What about 2012 with Hernandez Welker and Lloyd when we put up just 13 points?

When Gronk is out our offense and Brady's numbers suffer TREMENDOUSLY

First off stop saying "we", you aren't a member of the Patriots.

Secondly, did you forget the first 2 games when Garoppolo shredded the Cardinals and lolphins without Gronk???

Cardinals are currently the #1 ranked defense in yards allowed and the lolphins are a team you and the other doom-and-gloomers are ****ting yourselves over

Hey... guys... can we try to talk about the situation itself, and not about who's secretly trolling and who is smarter/more handsome/smells nicer? Honestly. You come here to see the statement and get a little discussion about it and it devolves into personal attacks within a few posts. We are NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS fans, one of the greatest teams the game has ever known. What's there to fight about? You can be sad about this injury or you can think they'll be okay - that's your opinion - you don't have to go after every person who has a different opinion.

Some people are over-paranoid and some people are over-confident - you don't have to label it "Chicken Littles vs. Homers". We're not on the team. Starting forum brawls with your fellow fans isn't going to change the outcome of the games.

Usually the insanity happens during the offseason when we're bored but things have just seemed to be extra volatile this season... PSA: It's December and the Pats are the #1 seed in the AFC. Breathe, please. This is a setback for sure, but there's a lot of road ahead. Trust in the GOAT and trust in BB.

Your in denial the Pats offense is a completely different beast without Gronk.. he is the best EVER to play. With that said the Patriots are pretty deep on offense this season, so their is still hope.

Ya not in denial at all given how this offense produced the first 2 games of the season without Gronk.

First off stop saying "we", you aren't a member of the Patriots.

Secondly, did you forget the first 2 games when Garoppolo shredded the Cardinals and lolphins without Gronk???

Cardinals are currently the #1 ranked defense in yards allowed and the lolphins are a team you and the doom-and-gloomers are ****ting yourselves over

Oh stop it, don't be one of those people.

As for the other two points

gronk has missed 19 games over his career. Tom Brady has started 17 of those games. And over a season's worth of games, here is his statline:

Comp%: 57.3
Yards/attempts: 6.5
Rating: 82.4

Compared to Brady's numbers when gronkowski plays

Comp%: 65.3
Yards/attempts: 7.9
Rating: 103.5

That's nice.. homophobic slurs. What a bigot!
images

Ya not in denial at all given how this offense produced the first 2 games of the season without Gronk.

You mean when a different QB was playing? And when the Dolphins were a mess and nowhere near the team they are now? And the cardinals stink this year. Don't tell me about that game, I made the trip to Arizona. I've been to three away games this year cheering on the patriots. Save your doom and gloom talk

It's hilarious how certain posters believe every post you make is expected to be all rainbows and sunshine.

According to some people that have had similar injuries (non pro athletes) have claimed that after surgery they still had pain 6 months after. 3 back surgeries is very serious to his long term health, even though this is probably the best chance we are gonna have at another super bowl for the forseeable future I don't think Gronk is coming back no matter what.

What about Super Bowl in 2011? Only 17 points. What about 2012 with Hernandez Welker and Lloyd when we put up just 13 points?

When Gronk is out our offense and Brady's numbers suffer TREMENDOUSLY
The biggest problem in 2012 is that the Ravens put an extra DB on the field the entire game (covering Hernandez) but the Pats still couldn't run the ball. That's where Bennett instead of Hernandez really comes into play.

What?! A-holes on twitter were wrong!!!!! OMG like I literally CAN'T EVEN!!

F*ck. I hate modern society.

Has there ever been a player in the BB regime other than Gronkowski where the team issues joint statements with the player's family? How strange. And this wasn't the first one.

It's because of all the media BS about the supposed infighting after that arm injury. They both feel they need to clear the air or it will just be ridiculous.

It's because of all the media BS about the supposed infighting after that arm injury. They both feel they need to clear the air or it will just be ridiculous.
Wasn't the media. Thank you Dr. Tom "Mengele" Gill.

this really sucks...:(

we can't win the SB without this guy. im sorry, i dont care about hogan/bennett...gronk makes us go. tom has to find a way to adjust. without gronk, brady's rating drops 20 points

that is scary..

Come on with this sh*t!!! Did you watch this team before 2010? Because I f*cking did.

Tom Brady almost won a Super Bowl with Reche Caldwell as his number one wide out. This offense is as deep as I have ever seen here under Bill.

The defense, if they don't improve and come together is going to sink this team. Not Brady leading this group of talent.

Wasn't the media. Thank you Dr. Tom "Mengele" Gill.

Whatever happened with the diagnosis of his arm injury is way beyond my scope of knowledge. Obviously there was something funky going on, but I don't sit here on message boards pretending I have inside information that I really don't have.

The media has blown up the "Gronk camp" vs "Pats camp" after that to an early WWF level.

And "Mengele"? Jeez man, class it the f*ck up.

Oh stop it, don't be one of those people.

As for the other two points

gronk has missed 19 games over his career. Tom Brady has started 17 of those games. And over a season's worth of games, here is his statline:

Comp%: 57.3
Yards/attempts: 6.5
Rating: 82.4

Compared to Brady's numbers when gronkowski plays

Comp%: 65.3
Yards/attempts: 7.9
Rating: 103.5

No one can deny that it won't be easy winning it all without Gronk. But it's hard to argue that we had a better offense in any of those 17 games than we do now.

Half came in 2013. Dobson, Thompkins, Collie and Hoo-man had big roles that year.

We still have a top 10 TE, who's also a tremendous blocker. We actually have WRs that can do damage on the outside. Blount may not be a superstar but he's getting it done this season. This offense without Gronk isn't equal to the ones we've had when he was out before.

It is still very possible that we struggle without Gronk and the season ends on a sour note. But I'm betting Brady's numbers don't fall off anywhere near as far as they have before.

Whatever happened with the diagnosis of his arm injury is way beyond my scope of knowledge. Obviously there was something funky going on,

Just to be clear, the problem was not a misdiagnosis, but a poor result from the surgery itself (infection leading to multiple procedures leading to a delay in his return to the field).

What could change the situation after the surgery? What would they need to wait or look for?
How bad the injury is when they open it up? Imaging tells you the type of injury, but until you get in there you can't tell the full extent.

While some orthopods do spine surgeries, I do not. So I am making a generalization above.

Its depressing news for sure but nobody should give up on a SB win, keep hope and lets keep going. Marty needs to get healthy and stay healthy, the team really cant afford to lose another high impart player on neither side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents